Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server Choice

MettMett Member Posts: 75
I am looking to start GW2 as WoW and some of the others are really starting to bore me. I really want to get in on a busy server and was curious to which server that would be.

Comments

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    The server I play on has an adequate amount of people in all zones I've frequented lately. Problem is, that it's full and you probably won't be able to join it.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• MettMett Member Posts: 75
    No queues or anything? Once they are full they stop allowing you to join? Seems odd to me, I would rather wait in a queue to get in on a busy server.
  • FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

Once a server is full nobody new to the game can join it, but anyone with characters there can play, though youre likely to deal with World vs World queues and overload servers for some zones and cities. Best thing to do is join the game and chose a server early in the day, morning PST would be best, as most servers aren't full yet.

My recommendation? Tarnished Coast. Very good population, solid PvP, and a fantastic community that loves to have fun and if your into RP at all, plenty of those folks around as well. :)

• austriacusaustriacus Member UncommonPosts: 618
    Originally posted by Mett
    No queues or anything? Once they are full they stop allowing you to join? Seems odd to me, I would rather wait in a queue to get in on a busy server.

If you really want to pick a specific server that is full wait for offpeak hours. They do this to balance out population.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by Fion

Once a server is full nobody new to the game can join it, but anyone with characters there can play, though youre likely to deal with World vs World queues and overload servers for some zones and cities. Best thing to do is join the game and chose a server early in the day, morning PST would be best, as most servers aren't full yet.

My recommendation? Tarnished Coast. Very good population, solid PvP, and a fantastic community that loves to have fun and if your into RP at all, plenty of those folks around as well. :)

Thats my server too, but it's hard to get onto it.  I have a friend that is working at finding a window to transfer in

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

Well if the download finishes I will try to get on at like 5am and see if I have any luck.
    I created a ranger on Tarnished named Marckus, the old guild I played w/ was on Yak's Bend but it look s like most of them quit playing