Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where have all the Bot's gone ?

AsabellAsabell Member Posts: 18

Started a new alt on Wednesday evening and have just completed my 6th entire zone without seeing one Bot train. Did Anet managed to wipe the Bots in one swat? Even better I haven't seen a gold seller in chat or received any mail spam during the same period. Big Kudos to Anet if they managed to do in two months what couldn't be done in WoW for 5+ years

Comments

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    I haven't noticed any lately either.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• metal0xmetal0x Member UncommonPosts: 72
    The bad grey ears took them.
  • moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337
    High end zones....They are always in high end zones...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

yep they implemented a code for detecting those apps apparently. I've noticed all the trains that got reported and then return a day later are completely gone now, never see them posting gold selling crap in LA anymore.

Amazing and they did it ALL withOUT a single authenticator to take more of your money. hmmm

• DjildjameshDjildjamesh Member UncommonPosts: 406

about botting i don't know

but about gold selling. I honestly think the fact you can buy gems > trade for gold is a MAJOR factor in this. I know we saw allot of advertising in chat the first couple of weeks, but maybe they found out the profit wasn't what they hoped it would be.

Many people won't risk getting bannend of hacked for 1 extra euro, so they'll buy gold via Anet legally. Who knows maybe Anet really did do something UBER, but i think tradingpost gets the most credit

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    Originally posted by itgrowls

yep they implemented a code for detecting those apps apparently. I've noticed all the trains that got reported and then return a day later are completely gone now, never see them posting gold selling crap in LA anymore.

Amazing and they did it ALL withOUT a single authenticator to take more of your money. hmmm

lol he thinks authenticators have to do with bots.

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by moguy2
    High end zones....They are always in high end zones...

Nope.  No bots in Spark Fly Fen,  Malchor's Leap or Cursed Shore.    Those have always been the heaviest on my server. 

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by adam_nox

so what you are saying is that bots aren't run on stolen accounts?

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,112

Kinda funny how the bots all vanished around the same time the complaints over account suspensions and bans increased on the forums xD

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• necoonecoo Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by eyelolled

Would an actually player have a name like "jo9h9j78"

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    maybe the bots and gold sellers got bored with the game like other players?

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• austriacusaustriacus Member UncommonPosts: 618
    Originally posted by necoo
    Originally posted by eyelolled

Would an actually player have a name like "jo9h9j78"

They create new characters when they hack accounts, if you right click on bots  99% of the time they have normal account names.

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

i used to get emails from gold sellers everyday but for the past few weeks i havent received one

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    No one is buying their gold? *shrug*
  • notusernotuser Member Posts: 12
    sure they got pached... they will back in 1 -2 days :)
  • BossalinieBossalinie Member UncommonPosts: 724
    Originally posted by SonicTHI

The bots come out at night.

The bots come out at niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

So you're saying the account hacks (no authenticators) didn't happen?

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by Tokken
    maybe the bots and gold sellers got bored with the game like other players?

*Gasps* really? Wow didn't think about that. image

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    They realized GW2 isn't a game for grinding and went back to another grindy MMO.

• RiftstarRiftstar Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Here's what happened to the bots: Bot perma-death match (instanced tournament), with total and complete account deletion and IP banning on the line for loss. Winner gets to be a vendor in Lion's Arch.  :)

Playing: MWO
    Waiting For: Star Citizen

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,897

LOL.  get a clue.  stopping in game bots doesn't stop hacked accounts.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

LOL.  get a clue.  stopping in game bots doesn't stop hacked accounts.

He has a solid "clue". As he said, the bots run from stolen accounts. Authenticators help eliminate stolen accounts.  Less stolen accounts, less bots. /shrug

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778

Anet viral marketers at work again.

By the way i just saw a train of warrior bots in frostforge.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Conspiracy alert! Anet was botting themselves, just so they could stop it later and say they are tough on botters....pretty tame theory for this site actually.