Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World; Is it worth going back?

I quit the game within 2 months of realease had a great time and loved the storyline... but the PvP was bad and didn't have the time to run any NM. So is TSW worth picking up again? Has there been any great changes and more storyline content? 

Comments

• ChtugaChtuga Member UncommonPosts: 116
    Originally posted by Electrolytez
    I quit the game within 2 months of realease had a great time and loved the storyline... but the PvP was bad and didn't have the time to run any NM. So is TSW worth picking up again? Has there been any great changes and more storyline content? 

There are many new quests that has been added in the monthly updates, and quite a few that will come next update as well.

If you ask about the main storyline, that has not been expanded further yet if you have completed that. But id say you have alot of content just doing the new investigation quests that has been added.

The lairs have been made group friendly, with quests and tougher mobs.

Alot more nightmare instances added, with one more comming soon. And the first 10 man raid as well

Next patch will include alot of big changes for pvp, described in another thread here on the forum.

All in all, id recommend you back! Especially after next patch as that will improve the pvp, so if you want the most out of a 1 month subscription id say resub in about week :)  The patch is probably the biggest so far so... :)

• ElectrolytezElectrolytez Member Posts: 9
    I see, I'll have to check it out. How is the population in this game? I remember going on couple server back than and they were both low and others full/locked. 

• DuilyonDuilyon Member Posts: 326

I have been playing for only a month and a half but the population seems fine. Since all the servers are connected it shouldn't really matter about the population on your server minus Fusang and eve that is changing in this patch.

• atuerstaratuerstar Member Posts: 234

You do need to understand the server structure for the TSW. You can be invited to different servers or get others to your server from agarrtha, so you can always find people to work with. This is important as all the really fun stuff works better with a group or at the very least a duo and doing so means much more freedom in deck building. You can solo the difficult content but inevitably compromise your deck and gear loadouts for success.

Looking forward to the pvp update as I felt this area needed a lot more polish, otherwise still a great fun game.

• GR3NDELGR3NDEL Member UncommonPosts: 112
    There's been some solid updates to TSW since release and 1.4 looks to be the biggest yet.  I'd suggest waiting until after the 1.4 patch hits, and then give it another try.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by Chtuga
    Originally posted by Electrolytez

There are many new quests that has been added in the monthly updates, and quite a few that will come next update as well.

If you ask about the main storyline, that has not been expanded further yet if you have completed that. But id say you have alot of content just doing the new investigation quests that has been added.

The lairs have been made group friendly, with quests and tougher mobs.

Alot more nightmare instances added, with one more comming soon. And the first 10 man raid as well

Next patch will include alot of big changes for pvp, described in another thread here on the forum.

All in all, id recommend you back! Especially after next patch as that will improve the pvp, so if you want the most out of a 1 month subscription id say resub in about week :)  The patch is probably the biggest so far so... :)

There are not "many" new quests, there are a handful of them, no more. In fact, as he already has the first update and possibly the second having played the first 2 months, there really is nothing new in this department.

The pvp patch does not address any of the fundimental pvp problems this game has, specifically the "god and clod" builds, it's a total fail sandwich with relish. TSW is a horrific pvp game, i have no idea why they are wasting time on poking that dead horse. Redesign the entire wheel and rebalance every single ability for pvp or give it up.

The theatre looks like a great new addition, but althought they talk a big game, it looks very limited at first glance.

Give it another 12 months and there may be enough new content for a months sub, but by then it'll be F2P most likely.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    I've been taking a short break from TSW simply because of all the Single Player games that have been released recently. however TSW is still sitting as my main title. it is still the game i will go back to when all is said and done. So yeah i do think it is worth going back to. However i also agree that its best to wait for 1.4 to be released before jumping back in... most bang for your buck idea.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• ChtugaChtuga Member UncommonPosts: 116
    Originally posted by Zinzan
    Redesign the entire wheel and rebalance every single ability for pvp or give it up.

I say that you are complete and utterly wrong.

Id simply say that TSW is not for you, and find another less complicated game like battlefield or something... Because in an mmo you will never get the "complete balance" you are looking for

The skill tree makes it possible for each and every one that is playing to be able to make his or her "perfect build".

For me the skill tree is perfect, and while there always will be individual skills that need tweaking up or down this also means there will never be a "nerf" or a "buff" that affects 1 class and makes them overpowered.

In TSW, if a skill is overpowered or underpowered, there is nothing that forces you to use it. Simply use another skill that does something similar but in a different way.

This is character freedom at its best! 

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

I´m playing 4-5 times a week, and in my opinion they really add content faster than I´m able to consume it.

Story is compelling, new features pour in, more and more polish with each update.

A very, very good MMO and dev communication is nowhere else better, also customer service is quick and very friendly.

Nice community too, love the community events in the Horned God and the live radio shows.

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• iozayiozay Member UncommonPosts: 29
    If you had a complaint regarding PvP I recommend to try it again once 1.4 hits live. The devs did defenitely listen to its community :)
  • FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Originally posted by Ohn03s
    If you had a complaint regarding PvP I recommend to try it again once 1.4 hits live. The devs did defenitely listen to its community :)

this is what Funcom makes a stand out developer, they don't just say they listen, they really do.

really nice I love these guys, and the game is much fun and I feel really immersed when playing this game

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• AndistotleAndistotle Member UncommonPosts: 124
    I have been testing out the NY Raid on Testlive, and i can say that it is TOTALY AWESOME! it really is a fantastic experience and it will be a great addition to this game. Something to look forward to.. On my server the population is good, and comunity is good as well. PVP update in 1.4 also looks very good. I think this game has a great future,
  • OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163

A lot packed into 1.4 -- looking forward to it!  Here's a preview:

http://youtu.be/iAR6J3mO4VA

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by Chtuga
    Originally posted by Zinzan
    Redesign the entire wheel and rebalance every single ability for pvp or give it up.

I say that you are complete and utterly wrong.

Id simply say that TSW is not for you, and find another less complicated game like battlefield or something... Because in an mmo you will never get the "complete balance" you are looking for

The skill tree makes it possible for each and every one that is playing to be able to make his or her "perfect build".

For me the skill tree is perfect, and while there always will be individual skills that need tweaking up or down this also means there will never be a "nerf" or a "buff" that affects 1 class and makes them overpowered.

In TSW, if a skill is overpowered or underpowered, there is nothing that forces you to use it. Simply use another skill that does something similar but in a different way.

This is character freedom at its best! 

How am i wrong?

Im not wrong unfortunately and anyone who knows anything about TSW pvp knows it's true, you clearly don't realise it or are one of those who gets farmed by players using the OP builds.

If to stop players using the overpowered builds, which do exist and are pretty much unbeatable in the hands of people who know how to play them, your suggestion is that players stop using that skill then your a free kill as your enemy won't be so obliging. This is a HUGE problem for pvp and is one of the multitude of reasons why hardly anyone plays pvp in TSW. You REALLY think players will freely choose not to play the top power builds when their enemies are using it to farm them repeatedly and any other build is inferior and outgunned?

The skill wheel is great for pve, but it's very easily exploitable in pvp, there are several builds, one in particular, that is practically unbeatable and it ruins pvp. THIS is what they need to address if they want to fix pvp, not the fluff.

This is character freedom at it lamest. When your chosen build can never beat certain other builds regardless of your skill level there is something rotten in dodge. When 3 or 4 builds dominate the game and several weapon lines are simply not good enough for pvp, something is fundimentally wrong. When certain builds cannot fight on an even footing and are forced into other builds to compete, something is wrong.

I like the proposed changes, but they need to focus on the real problems if they want to push pvp. This, unfortunately, will always be a massive problem for TSW's chosen skill system and there will probably always be rediculous builds. Denial doesn't fix the problem.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)