Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Rift: Storm Legion Arrives

2»

Comments

• TorvalTorval Oregon CountryPosts: 7,221Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    This sounds like something that the people who are currently playing Rift will enjoy.  When I played the trial though, I had the biggest "game on rails" feeling than any other MMO that I have ever played.

It is kind of on rails, especially early on, but you can do what you want.  If you want to level through quests, dungeons, instant adventures, or just farming mobs, you can do so.

I've run dungeons and raids and the quests and all, but I often just enjoy running around Ember Isle or doing IAs or rifts. The community, in a very general sense, is sort of focused in on-rails activities.  There is a focus on running raids and dungeons and grinding gear, but you don't have to focus on that.  It can just be hard to engage with friends doing whatever if you're not geared well.  It's not much different from WoW or EQ2 in that manner.

The raids are good, but are the disco dance types, where it's more about doing the right thing when signaled, and less about combat strategy.  Still they can be fun.  I'm just burnt out on that sort of thing.

The dungeons, on the other hand, are a lot of fun.  You can run normals, experts, or the raid level difficulty master modes.  Instant Adventures, invasions, and zone events can be fun if not a bit repetative.  They really need to mix it up a bit with these.  Maybe that will happen for the xpac content.

• FoomerangFoomerang Portland, ORPosts: 5,565Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Badaboom
    This sounds like something that the people who are currently playing Rift will enjoy.  When I played the trial though, I had the biggest "game on rails" feeling than any other MMO that I have ever played.

Could be worse.....*bites tongue*

• kevjardskevjards carlislePosts: 1,463Member
    Originally posted by Zeppelin4
    Originally posted by Ikeda
    You complain but I'm currently subbed to it for less than 9 a month.  Yes, it's an annual sub but that meets my requirements.  I support Trion even if I don't necessarily constantly play this game.

I made a mistake on two games with a long term subs. LOTRO (lifeime) and Wow ( a year) for the free diablo 3. I decided that from now on I will pass on any long term subs. 

i dont call that a mistake..i have lotro lifetime and i love the game..also bought a yrs sub to wow for the wife which gave me d3.i thought money well spent .got my money's worth out of lotro yrs ago.SL xpac is good value..took a yrs sub and got it for free.so it worked out £40 for a yrs sub to rift..that to me is a bargain .cant knock that ,can you?

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Riverside, RIPosts: 3,266Member Uncommon
    I think ill just wait fir he free trial of the expansion, which according to Trions track record, should be about a week from next Tuesday.

Played: AA, AC1, AC2, Aion, AO, AoC, CO, CoX, DAoC, DCUO, DN, EVE, EQ1, EQ2,
    ESO, FE, FFXI, FFXIV, FF, GW1, GW2, Istaria, L2, LoTRO, MO, MxO, NW, Rift, RoE,
    Ryzom, SB, SWG, SWTOR, TERA, TSW, WAR, WoW, WURM...

• DomiagoDomiago Atlantic City, NJPosts: 37Member
    so many posts about the sub rate. my rate is less than 9 usd a month. a very good value for this quality title. the expansion is great so far with new gear sets and carnage quests you can pickup in the wilds not at a hub. the look is lush and new mobs round it out. servers need a bit more stability but its an issue trion is working on. overall i spend more time in rift than in gw2.

2»