Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"What’s your favorite skill in all mmorpgs?"

Comments

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Originally posted by rpg123

Mind Control in WoW, pre-nerf. It was just so fun to use, on players and mobs alike.  Throwing people off the cliff in Arathi Basin was just too hilarious.

I'd have to agree too.  Also you could drown them in water way back when you couldn't hold your breath as long as you can now.  I couldn't count how many times I drowned an alliance on my troll priest at the blacksmith in arathi basin lol.  Or even more fun was in ironforge, jumping alliance into the forge lava :D  Burn baby burn!

My second choice would be sap from rogues.  She can't say no if you sap her first ;)

• BrixonBrixon Member UncommonPosts: 259
    Flying in CoH.
  • TenkouseiTenkousei Member UncommonPosts: 114

The Traverse Cut > Blade Draw combo in TERA.

So sad the game failed miserably :'(

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    Tranquility in WoW.  Loved that spell in WC3 and continued to love it when I first got it in MMO form.  
  • gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757
    In general terms, the fine art of crowd control, something pretty much lost in nowaday's MMOs where most of the time it's just tank & spank plus AOE fest.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Fishing in UO.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Its not an mmo, but its close enough. D2's Druid Hurricane skill was "the bomb".

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by rpg123

Mind Control in WoW, pre-nerf. It was just so fun to use, on players and mobs alike.  Throwing people off the cliff in Arathi Basin was just too hilarious.

Unfortunately, so many mobs were made immune to it, that was virtually its only use.

Oh, and Razuvious...that half the guilds in the world hated, because they didn't have a capable priest...

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

carbuncle in ffxi :P

well  "charm" (perma) from Enchanters in every other mmorpg (eq , daoc ....)

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

i liked doing hold the line in warhammer, it just felt cool walking with your shield up blocking all thoose spells and arrows.

most of the teleport powers in coh not just the moving, the teleporting of enemies and friends and stuff

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    Originally posted by william0532
    there is no skill in mmorpg's.

True(mostly).

Otherwise the morphs from anarchy online.  

• WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

PA chain  -daoc- 

no competition

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• RossbossRossboss Member Posts: 240
    Any skill that makes your hands glow or weapon have particle effects coming off of it.

I played WoW up until WotLK, played RoM for 2 years and now Rift.
    I am F2P player. I support games when I feel they deserve my money and I want the items enough.
    I don't troll, and I don't take kindly to trolls.

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Originally posted by Castillle
    Dirty Kick from SWTOR. Theres something oddly satisfying about kicking someone between their legs then watching them writhe in pain.

This.

• postpwnpostpwn Member UncommonPosts: 87
    Debuffing
  • VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457

Crafting in SWG.

It has rendered all other crafting systems I have tried completely boring.

• AndyLeeAndyLee Member Posts: 230

Currently, I played eudemonsonline and I am vampire. 

Watching this video from youtobe. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bCJ0UjXk0Y

I think the game may lose its balance. Cause, it seems that it's stronger than me,(vampire) 

I like the skills of vampire, both of them.  What will happen to the vampire if the necromancer is released. lol... 

Does it mean the end of the vampire time? lol...I believe vampire will always be the king. = =

sorry, I don't want to spam here. um...btw... I like the demon spirit skill? Anyone know it? Or anyone played eudemons online too?
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by AndyLee

Some skills in mmorpg look very awesome. Are there any impressive skills?

What’s your favorite skill in all mmorpgs? Or what’s the best skill you expect so much?

Do you like the skills of necromancer? Everybody can upload screenshots and post here, share something with us. Thank you. 

Necrotic travel in GW. Great necro skill that teleports you to something you killed.

Strain made this particularly so the players could use it for weird near exploits (his views is that if players can cleverly use the mechanics to their advantages that is good and even was encouraged in GW). 

There was this mission in the first campaign I tried 30 times before using this to complete the bonus mission of it (did that fine the first time, without it the mission was near impossible).

And yeah, this is a necroskill. :)

which one is your favorite? lol...come and express your opinion~

the left one is vampire, right one is necromancer. 

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Old days of WoW convincing people to join in summoning a Doomguard and watching it tear them to pieces...and about 20 people standing around in Stormwind all gang up on him.  Infernal was fun too.
  • FizbanFizbanFizbanFizban Member Posts: 6
    blacklist
  • mikethkmikethk Member Posts: 105
    Herbalism. 
  • eldariseldaris Member UncommonPosts: 353

Stealth and sap for rogue,knockback skills in warhammer and hibernate for druids in classic wow,going around hibernating elite dragonkin and looting chests was fun.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Lately it's Banish in GW2 (Guardian hammer 4). 

Nothing like swinging your two handed hammer like a golf club and launching a downed foe over the edge of a cliff to their doom... you can get some nice hang time too.

Oderint, dum metuant.