Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you had 2000 Cartel coins, what would you unlock/purchase?

mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

I would probably never buy any cartel packs or items, only unlocks that I need inorder to feasibly play the game. What would you get?

Cartel Market

+2 hotbars for account =1080

then...wait for character slot unlocks?

...and that's all I could buy with 2000. There is still a lot more unlocks I would need to be able to play the game.

Comments

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

will get a warzone pass for a week when they add the new WZ.

errmm. that's it

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937
    I would invest those 2,000 cartel coins back into the cartel market. from those earnings I would leverage an even larger investment in the cartel market. Within 2 light years I woulld have a diversified cartel coin portfolio so large I could buy a controlling interest in the upcoming Death Star IPO. I would then use my shareholder votes to target and eliminate each and every planet in the SWTOR universe begining with Makeb. Being the sole suvivor of SWTOR, I would then use my enormous holdings to payroll the starrt up of SWTOR 2.0. The best part would be that SWTOR 2.0's collector's eddition would come with a lifelike minature statue of myself.
  • KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217

might as well gamble them away

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138
    Day/night cycle would be huge in swtor.

It needs a lot extras away from instances and in the open world.

Things like pazaak would add a lot to the game.

I think if they add day night cycles they also should make the open world more engaging, and less about running from one quest hub to the next.
    And there are many options to bring the open world to life with pvp, pve, crafting, vehicles, collision detection, npcs, animals, weather effects and mixing it up to offer something different.

I wish BW had the funding to make their game. EA forced BW to be too themepark, but even so, they can offer things which can still make them better to other themepark alternatives without the open world possibilities such as pazaak, player bounties, and 3d space combat, swoop racing all in a sci fi setting.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,897
    Originally posted by mmoguy43

I would probably never buy any cartel packs or items, only unlocks that I need inorder to feasibly play the game. What would you get?

Cartel Market

...and that's all I could buy with 2000. There is still a lot more unlocks I would need to be able to play the game.

My choices would match yours because my only interest in SWTOR is to level all classes on one server. 

Nobody should have to pay for those action bars but I'd actually consider buying them.  Extra character slots would be important to me as well.

I assume that if you subscribe and then later cancel it, you will go back down to the 2 character slots per server limitation of preferred members? 

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    [mod edit]
  • asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

The problem is that they designed their cash shop in a way so that you basically can't play past level 50 effectively without subscribing.  All of the most useful feature purchases are actually consumables.  So if you want to raid, you buy a week pass.  Want to get loot from flashpoints, then buy a week pass.

The permanent unlocks, like the ability to wear artifact/moddable gear are incredibly expensive (1200 per character or 2700 per account).  Also, that unlock is unsettlingly vague in that it states it applies to "story and pvp equipment" which means you may or may not be able to use raid gear even after spending the money on the unlock.

Despite Bioware's claim that F2P is the way of the future, they very much want this to be a subscription-based game.  Sure, they've given existing subscribers free cartel points, but not nearly enough to do more than buy a few weeks worth of raid time, or maybe unlock a species if they haven't already.

You make me like charity

Bioware has shown that they are willing to listen to players.  I'm just going to play for free as long as I find it enjoyable.  Hopefully by that point they will have lowered prices or come to their senses and made things like four action bars free.
  • RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168
    Im unlocking some races and getting some vehicles. Ill get what I need for my classes also. Looks like some cool stuff too!

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    Originally posted by asmkm22

The problem is that they designed their cash shop in a way so that you basically can't play past level 50 effectively without subscribing.  All of the most useful feature purchases are actually consumables.  So if you want to raid, you buy a week pass.  Want to get loot from flashpoints, then buy a week pass.

The permanent unlocks, like the ability to wear artifact/moddable gear are incredibly expensive (1200 per character or 2700 per account).  Also, that unlock is unsettlingly vague in that it states it applies to "story and pvp equipment" which means you may or may not be able to use raid gear even after spending the money on the unlock.

Despite Bioware's claim that F2P is the way of the future, they very much want this to be a subscription-based game.  Sure, they've given existing subscribers free cartel points, but not nearly enough to do more than buy a few weeks worth of raid time, or maybe unlock a species if they haven't already.

Yeah, it truely isn't feasible to make the game playable so that you can do Operations, Warzones, and Flashpoints as much as you want. Resub is the only real viable option for that. They way I see it though is that you can (somewhat) make playing alts to go through all the stories feasible and is the only real viable method of playing SWTOR completely free of a sub.

Others- please try to stay on topic. I know this is crazy but I'm looking for serious answers.

Well, to answer your question, I have no idea what I'll do with it.

I supposedly will have 1500 coins when it goes live.  I'll unlock the new Area X or whatever it's called, since it's new content and needed to get HK, but I'll probably sit on the rest.  I assume that, as they release new content in the future, it will cost cartel points as well rather than be free, which means blowing everything you have now may not be a great idea.

You make me like charity

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    I'll unlock my secret customizable spaceship and go into secret space to fly around and discover a secret sandbox planet

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Having to pay for hotbars.. what a fucking joke.

WTF has happened to MMOs...? The worst thing is that people are actually going to pay for them and support this nonsense. Sad.

I used to think all the hate for SWTOR was a bit undeserved. Not anymore.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

Cartel Market

My choices would match yours because my only interest in SWTOR is to level all classes on one server. 

Nobody should have to pay for those action bars but I'd actually consider buying them.  Extra character slots would be important to me as well.

I assume that if you subscribe and then later cancel it, you will go back down to the 2 character slots per server limitation of preferred members? 

The restrictions can't be that bad.

There is preferred status, and you get to have several earned perks over f2p players. I would be surprised if they restricted your players per server after going f2p. Do they make us choose which players we put to sleep?

Sounds creepy.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

Originally posted by Incomparable

There is preferred status, and you get to have several earned perks over f2p players. I would be surprised if they restricted your players per server after going f2p. Do they make us choose which players we put to sleep?

Sounds creepy.

LOWTHOR: What happens if all the characters I have already created while subscribed (before Free-to-Play announcement) are now restricted species?

Damion Schubert: Your characters will not be deleted and you CAN still use those characters in the active slots you have as a Free-to-Play member.

Source:

http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-free-play-edition

You make me like charity

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937

Others- please try to stay on topic. I know this is crazy but I'm looking for serious answers.

When my options include tranlucent underwear, a monkey lizzard, glowing eyes, a floating throne car, how can my answer be serious?

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

If you had 2000 Cartel coins, what would you unlock/purchase?

I have 2700 CC in bank and honestly as a subscriber there's nothing appealing to me.

Well I might get the rocket boost but, apart that the shops makes me yawn.

The stuff is either way overpriced ($3 for a chest piece, $9 for a crystal, $12 for a gear set), stupid (Gamorrean axe) or even broken (move while in carbonite chamber and see the result).

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Anyone buying hotbars will show the gaming industry that they can get away with selling anything.
  • azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Mickey Mouse plush toy.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

Originally posted by Incomparable
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

Cartel Market

Sounds creepy.

A BW rep stated that F2P and preferred players have the same limit of 2 characters per server.

As far as paying for action bars, well I have no interest in subscribing and am only interested in leveling the remaining 7 classes.  For a reasonable price I'd be willing to pay to be able to do that.  After level 30 or 40 you really need access to the extra action bars so ...

• ISOLAXISOLAX Member Posts: 9

As subscriber i'd like to buy a cosmetic set for my inquisitor full campaign and the carbonite chamber.

Also the mobile throne mount is not that bad ^^

• sr7olsnipersr7olsniper Member UncommonPosts: 206
    If i had 2000 cartel coins, I would buy better devs....

At least with a sub game they know that people won't tolerate bullshit and leave. With anet we have no recourse but to buy our own lube so our assholes don't get too stretched out from getting bent over a table at Anets will. - Hrimnir

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066

I wouldnt go for +2 quick bars, one is really enough (3 total). Though i wouldnt even consider this if i didnt get "free" CCs, i would NEVER spend money on this particular unlock.

From what they said you can use all characters you created while subbed, but cant create new ones if you dont by [nuber of char slots+1]. Though ill believe it when i see it.

And if you are still subbed and plan to go back to trial, it would be wise to unlock as many inventory/bank tabs as you can as you are supposed to keep those too.

And yes, they should have done away with UI restrictions with preferred status, F2P should get 2 qickbars, preferred 4 and subbed 6

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by ISOLAX

As subscriber i'd like to buy a cosmetic set for my inquisitor full campaign and the carbonite chamber.

Also the mobile throne mount is not that bad ^^

for some reason, when i see the words mobile throne, i get a 'flying toilet' image in my mind..  could be because im in the UK and 'being on the throne' usually means doing a number 2.... image

• AegisSagaAegisSaga Member Posts: 33
    I'd use them to unlock the Unreal engine that replaces the Hero engine. Though I think it takes more cartel coins than 2k.