Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Trek Online: Season 7 - New Romulus Launch Trailer

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic Studios have released a brand new trailer to celebrate the launch of Star Trek Online: Season 7 New Romulus. Check it out and then leave us your thoughts!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AtmaDarkwolfAtmaDarkwolf Member UncommonPosts: 353

And with the new 'dil for anything u want to do' thing... oh and removing dil rewrds from pretty much anything, means if u want to advance in anything, you either need to spend ungodly amounts of time grinding(for 8k dil max a day per toon) or spend ungodly amounts of cash.

no longer even worth the download imo, S7 could have been great but all the changes just makes the game more work(or real expensive)

• Dward127Dward127 Member Posts: 46
    give us a playable romulan faction that would be sweet .
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

As a lifetime Subscriber i do not find any thing worth playing once STO went F2p.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Originally posted by Elsabolts

As a lifetime Subscriber i do not find any thing worth playing once STO went F2p.

I refuse to support any company who offers a Life-time Subscription then goes F2p.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • gilgamesh669gilgamesh669 Member Posts: 1
    PWE may have save Cryptic from Atari's negligence, but PWE will kill STO with it's stupid asian grind avarice.
  • Hyperion5182Hyperion5182 Member Posts: 66

Season 7 has just gone over the cliff

STAY WAY WAY AWAY FROM THIS GAME!

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=747851

This unnanounced change wasnt even in patch notes and the players are in a frenzy. I'm uninstalling this game as we speak. Probably done by now. There are far better games worth your time and money. These cash grabbing bastards are hoping you'll be duped! Dont be Duped play something else!

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

Lets be serious for a moment.  We all know how PWE operates.  It makes or buys below average games and then milks that games population until it is no longer profitable.  At that point staff are let go and expenses cut until the game is profitable again.  Between the cuts and the milking, PWE makes money.  Did you expect anything less for STO when Craptic was purchased?

STO is a below average game created by people with below average talent.  This is the reason why the two highest level devs (zinc and Stahl) have left the company and had to come back.  They cant cut the mustard at any real game development house.  Both left with long messages about how they had to move on and it was the right thing for them to do and pursuing other interests, both had to come back because they realized they lack talent and only a below average development house like Craptic would continue to pay them for below average work.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

I'm still boycotting this game. 

I gave them $200 for a lifetime membership.  I was willing to give them even more money but they wouldn't let me fly the ship I wanted to end game.  So no more money. 

And frankly, as big a Star Trek fans as I am, there are plenty of other games out there and I only have so much time I can devote to entertainment.

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Atleast this game gets regular support and content from dev team. I will happily susbcribe to this game than say SWTOR.
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Looks like PWI is the best that happened to STo lately. This update is looking good - better than what Crypcit has done with the game so far. Sadly though, no new player race/faction. And Starfleet/Klingons helping to build a new Romulan capital..? Not sure that'd ever happen in Roddenberry's mind...

• Hyperion5182Hyperion5182 Member Posts: 66

And so the sheeple walk blindly in as the mass exodus of the playerbase begins.

Dev team is blatently lying to the players forcing an update that would have and WILL destroy the game in my opinion. (seriously look at the forum rage levels on this particular topic). I just uninstalled the game tonight over what's happening. And i have no regrets. Do not play this game. You might not like TOR but when you realize just how messed up this update is you might like STO even less.

The dev team here gave blatent lipservice to the playerbase then pulled the rug out from under them once the patch dropped. The ethics and tactics employed by PWE are disgusting and i for one wont stand them any more. Read very carefully before you decide this is the way to go. Because it is not fun over there and it became a lot less fun today.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

I play STO mainly for stories and the Foundry, never dug into endgame and dilly grind, so for me Season 7 with New Romulus seems fine. But this blog answer you posted crossed the limit even by me, a dilly outsider...

He basically says: we put dilly in game for grind. The lazy bastard lvl50's don't grind enough, they only do those few things that rewarding the best dilithium / time value ("an unintended aberrant rate" for us). So we remove the reward from those activities. This way they won't grind at all, you say? False, because we make dilithium a much more needed currency. Clever, eh? Did I mention you can buy dilithium for money? But we will closely monitoring the exchange, since we don't want that you could buy it too cheap. Happy grinding, Captains.

It's like a bad joke...
  • pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561
    Let us not forget the bandwith limitation this game has...Constant lag spikes...Disconects and a terrible ping for EU players...