Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Storm Legion Arrives

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Rift players will be happy to note that today marks the official launch of the Storm Legion expansion. The new content nearly triples the size of Telara and brings new souls and much more into the award-winning game.

MAKE TELARA YOUR OWN

• Dimensions: Customizable spaces allow players and guilds to own a sliver of Telara

• Take your professions to new heights with Grandmaster crafting

• Become the talk of the town and boost your stats with stylish new capes

• New puzzles, artifacts and collectibles, achievements, mounts, pets, title

Find out more on the Storm Legion page on the Rift site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809
    If the sub for this game was less then 10 dollars I would give it a go again. When I left the game it was not worth my money because of  bad crafting and lack of choices on my ways to level with my alts. Let alone it was another quest hub based game that I have grown tired of. 
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

I am sat here eagerly waiting for the EU servers to come back up. This is gunna be great.

If $5 a month affects whether or not you play a game then you have bigger money issues than worrying about MMO subs. That's the price of a bloody burger.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Originally posted by Vannor

If $5 a month affects whether or not you play a game then you have bigger money issues than worrying about MMO subs. That's the price of a bloody burger.

This. 

time to turn in some cans or something. wash a windshield or two.

Originally posted by Daddydazzle
    Originally posted by Vannor

This. 

If your buying I'm playing do you want my address to send the check? Its only 5 bucks right. :)

• ArakaneArakane Member UncommonPosts: 204

Been watching this game from a distance,so to speak,for a long while now and thinking about trying it out  so I think this expansion would be a good place to start. wish me luck please,lol.

• NacarioNacario Member UncommonPosts: 222
    Originally posted by Zeppelin4

This. 

If your buying I'm playing do you want my address to send the check? Its only 5 bucks right. :)

None said anything about charity

• TheHiveLeaderTheHiveLeader Video MaestroMember RarePosts: 234

Finally!  My most anticipated launch of the year, by a long shot.  Thank you Trion!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Yl4RQO28yM

• emotaemota Member UncommonPosts: 413
    To be fair this looks very good indeed, i would even go as far to say for me personally, a lot better than GW2.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

This. 

If you want to throw money at this game have at it, but I happen to agree with him, not worth a $15 subscription.  It is a question of value here, not money.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    You complain but I'm currently subbed to it for less than 9 a month.  Yes, it's an annual sub but that meets my requirements.  I support Trion even if I don't necessarily constantly play this game.
    Originally posted by Ikeda
    You complain but I'm currently subbed to it for less than 9 a month.  Yes, it's an annual sub but that meets my requirements.  I support Trion even if I don't necessarily constantly play this game.

I made a mistake on two games with a long term subs. LOTRO (lifeime) and Wow ( a year) for the free diablo 3. I decided that from now on I will pass on any long term subs. 

• KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 794

Whathever you say its a very good game.

You might not like it but someone else will love it.

As the saying goes. Ones Heaven is another persons Hell :)

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

Originally posted by Khebeln

Isn't that the truth. The problem is I keep getting hell. :(

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    i also agree i cancelled my preorder after playing the beta and 1.11 , this game just isnt worth a sub any longer to me as it never changes and is always more of the same .  Games evolve and are exciting , not rift unless you count carnage quests and dimesions , which the later is cool and fun but just a mini game .  WOW released a terrible lazy expansion and now Rift removes features like conquest and only adds one new warfront forcing you to quest to level and their quest system is just atrocious and I cannot bring myself to grind to 60 with that horrible design any longer. While Storm Legion is def much more polish and quality than mists of pandaria , its still just more of the same.

Conquest is only Temporarly off till new players reach lv cap. Out of all the Rift zones i loved Ember issle the most as it was the least linear and rail based zone. Ember Isle was more of a Sandbox like zone.

Changes to souls are nothig new as they change those things almost every patch. But obviously its more drasting with new expansion and souls as they had to balance things out.

Personaly im not really interested in pvp in Rift, and rift never was primarly focused on that to begin with.

In other words if you loook for pve fun you will find more than you where barganing for, but if you want pvp you might be disipointed.

Im happy they focused on pve tho.

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

Sssh.. Don't mention money, I already crossed that bridge and was met with fierce very fierce resistance (including one female spokesperson for mmorpg.com).. I tend to agree about value, but some people feel that it's always a rich or poor thing..

Even if I was a millionaiire, I would not pay over $1.02 for a McDouble off of the value menu at McD's.. Even if they tried to sell it to me for only 25 cents more, because to me, a McDouble is only worth $1.02..

Not saying that this will not prove worthy, but at this time, i prefer to remain on the sidelines watching instead.. Good luck to Trion though..

Originally posted by Zeppelin4
    Originally posted by Khebeln

Isn't that the truth. The problem is I keep getting hell. :(

Hehe, i know what you mean. Problem is big studios are not willing to risk to try anything new. And small projects looke like 10 year old games.

One thing i learned only games that are allowed to have pvp and pve are Sandbox.

If you play themepark, they should either focus on one or the other, or you will get the opposite effect and huge amount of haters that are not satisfied becasue the game went only half the way towards what they want.

In other words, dont try to make games for everyone. Make games for specific group of players.

But as long as sales will be more important than player retention this wont change much.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

My sub isn't $15 a month, I have year long founders pricing still :)  Worth every penny!

I have 3 subscriptions to Rift and WoW.  My total per month is under $60...Which is still cheaper than going to the movies once lol

• ShaikeShaike Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by Gravarg

My sub isn't $15 a month, I have year long founders pricing still :)  Worth every penny!

I have 3 subscriptions to Rift and WoW.  My total per month is under $60...Which is still cheaper than going to the movies once lol

nice...

i will w8 a bit till they release the 1st patch after release and maybe a bit more - i think towards the end of this year (very soon now) they will bring back the one year price of 100$ and then it will be worth it (maybe even make it a special price with the new expansion)....

Just my 2 cents...

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by Shaike
    Originally posted by Gravarg

nice...

i will w8 a bit till they release the 1st patch after release and maybe a bit more - i think towards the end of this year (very soon now) they will bring back the one year price of 100$ and then it will be worth it (maybe even make it a special price with the new expansion)....

You just missed that boat. 12 month sub with free expansion has been available for ages and ended today.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

I cant understand how someone will drop 60 bucks on a game, play it for a month or two and say they got their moneys worth. Then turn around and say they wont pay 15 bucks a month for a game that costs 5 bucks and the first month free. By the time youd get to the 60 dollar point, you would be starting your 5th month of playtime.

Anyway, on topic. I cant wait to get home and dive into this xpac. I may even do a review a month or so from now. Already got it downloaded before i left for work today hehe

• ereyethirnereyethirn Member Posts: 79
    Is trion always going to be terrible at making trailers? Every trailer I have seen for rift has been terrible! Don't get me wrong, I love rift its an amazing game, however everytime they release another shitty trailer like this it makes me want to play rift less!
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    This sounds like something that the people who are currently playing Rift will enjoy.  When I played the trial though, I had the biggest "game on rails" feeling than any other MMO that I have ever played.
  • SarykSaryk Member UncommonPosts: 476
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

This. 

If you want to throw money at this game have at it, but I happen to agree with him, not worth a $15 subscription.  It is a question of value here, not money.

$15.00 a month is a small fee compared to the time you can play. If you think the game sucks, why are you even posting. If any person on this site (or any) needs to scrap money together for a MMO, you need to sell your computer. Because boys and girls, PC gaming isn't for  poor folks.

• black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 258
    Incredible trailer. Incredible mood.