Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Starter /Returning Player Guild Forming

Comments

• rutaqrutaq Member UncommonPosts: 428

We have a great solid start so far, and are getting close to 50 people.

Everyone is starting their main characters at level 1 so you actually have lots of active players close to your level to hang with.  It is a nice change from the standard....  Hey welcome hee is some gold and a couple backpacks....  when you hit 92 let us know....

It is nice to see MMORPG.com being used to pull players together, rather than then usually outlet to complain about the state of MMOs and the overhyped soon to fail themepark  :p

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Joined today as Miniflyn, gnome dirge.

Will be fun to run the lower content with your folks :)

• Trudge34Trudge34 Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Just finally got my character made last night and leveled up a bit. Met up with Faedom on a different server over the last few days and knew there was talk about a new startup guild. Really impressed at how quickly we're filling up spots and everyone seemed pretty helpful and fun to be in chat with. Looking forward to advancing through the game in the upcoming weeks for sure. Maybe the game isn't exactly what everyone is looking for, but can tell the one big thing that's missing out of most games today is not absent in here now. Got a good community started here.

Played: EQ1 (10 Years), Guild Wars, Rift, TERA
    Tried: EQ2, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Runes of Magic and countless others...
    Currently Playing: GW2

Nytlok Sylas
    80 Sylvari Ranger

Originally posted by rutaq

Hey welcome hee is some gold and a couple backpacks....  when you hit 92 let us know....

Made me smile, but you got gold?? I never got gold image

• JeneleaJenelea Member Posts: 22

Hi Guys, 

I'll be making a char today on AB to join you, can't wait to meet you all! Really looking forward to this.

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899
    Originally posted by Jenelea

Hi Guys, 

I'll be making a char today on AB to join you, can't wait to meet you all! Really looking forward to this.

I should be on after it comes back up - Elderrat in game as well - send me or anyone else on the recruiting page and we will invite you.  I'm not in charge of the gold tho, lol.

Currently bored with MMO's.

• paulythebpaulytheb Member UncommonPosts: 363
    Originally posted by Mavek

Hey I'm currently in college and never played EQ2 before, but I've played a bunch of other mmo's including wow lotro eve vanguard rift etc (themepark mania).  Since I'm in college I cant really afford a sub fee at the moment so I was wondering how would I fair if I wanted to play the free version of the game?

Thank in advance, I haven't stuck with an mmo in 2-3 years now and I'd like to find one I could play casually with a good group of people (athletics and school only allow so much time for games).

EQ2 is playable for free. You can do quite a bit. If you just want to play and explore and level up , that alone will last you for  quite a while. The gear and spell restrictions don't really matter to a leveling toon. The bag and bankspace kinda sucks, you just have to avoid being a packrat.Really none of the restrictions will matter until you want to start doing endgame type stuff.

The only one that really hurts is you can't use the Auction House for free. Even that though, can be mitigated by joining a guild and making friends.(You could have a friend sell an item you can't use)

Out of all the FTP games, EQ2 probably has the most content, so there is a lot to see and do before you have to pay.

( Note to self-Don't say anything bad about Drizzt.)

An acerbic sense of humor is NOT allowed here.

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Never played EQ2 before, but I'm tempted to try it because of your guild :-) I'm gonna download the game and open a f2p account and maybe make it my side game.

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• rutaqrutaq Member UncommonPosts: 428
    Originally posted by Vesavius
    Originally posted by rutaq

Hey welcome hee is some gold and a couple backpacks....  when you hit 92 let us know....

Made me smile, but you got gold?? I never got gold image

Instead of handing out gold, gear  and packs for you to use as you solo level 92 to catch up like most established guilds,  you get to group with cool guildmates instead  :P

On a serious note,  we really are starting fresh and don't have a bunch of 92 level characters to twink us with gold or crafted gear...  So earning guild status,  levelig crafting skills and working through quests and Dungeons matters... at least for the next couple of months until the guild levels up.

• insideout321insideout321 Member Posts: 71

Well guys i had a few hours to spare while the game goes through its patching ect.

I made our website and will probably do some tweaking to it later but its up and running .

Im importing the guild member list from eq2 players but it takes some time. Its still not xfred yet..

Hope ya guys like it so far.

www.instinctguild.guildlaunch.com

Nice job Fae :)
    Thanks!
  • JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290
    I might make a beastmaster and hop in to check it out.  I have a 90 Monk / Troubador that have been collecting dust for a while as well.
    Sure thing!
  • JeneleaJenelea Member Posts: 22
    Website looks awesome Fire :)
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Deleted, re-read the original post.

-Ike

• DethevanDethevan Member UncommonPosts: 60
    Hey guys, I'd like to join you on your journey.  I don't have any characters on AB, but would gladly join you guys if you guys haven't hit your max yet.  image  I definitely do not mind starting from scratch as I've been trying to find a guild like this for a while now.  I can't decide on what to make, but I'll probably make a wizzy just because they are the one class i've always wanted to level, but never had a chance to.

Currently playing EverQuest 2

Originally posted by Dethevan
    Hey guys, I'd like to join you on your journey.  I don't have any characters on AB, but would gladly join you guys if you guys haven't hit your max yet.  image  I definitely do not mind starting from scratch as I've been trying to find a guild like this for a while now.  I can't decide on what to make, but I'll probably make a wizzy just because they are the one class i've always wanted to level, but never had a chance to.

join us.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    I just started last week on different server.  First time in EQ2 for me.  I'm going to make a char on your server in hopes to join.
    see you in game - it's up

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

I used to play this years ago....

I'm tempted.  I'll download and give it a go.  If I plan on staying, I'll send a PM when online.

• DethevanDethevan Member UncommonPosts: 60
    Will be on as soon as server comes back up hehe.  Name is Dethevinicus.  Figured since i have the vet reward for the EQ1 server name i'd remake my wizzy from there.  Dethevinicus Disappearus of Vazaelle. image

Currently playing EverQuest 2

looks like it is down again, welcome to those I was able to invite.

• OzivoisOzivois Member UncommonPosts: 598

This is the greatest post thread I have ever seen on this site! Glad to see people connecting in a game from here. I might have to get in there, too! 

Looks like the server exploded :(