Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you could have one MMO profession's "superpowers", which one would it be?

KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

You know how this question gets asked over and over: "If you would be able to have superpowers, which superpower would you want?"

So apply this to the MMO archetypes and you have our question. Which MMO profession would you pick? Only one profession, from any game. Keep in mind, the question is not which is your favorate class. Although it could coincide with the answer to this question.

For me, I would probably pick the GW's rendition of the Mesmer class. Aside from their questionable choice of clothing and style they are built around deceit. Not straight up power and not the same deciet as an Assasin/Thief/Ninja would have. They play with your mind and usually their enemies downfall is their own doing.

What about you guys?

EDIT: THE QUESTION IS: WHICH CLASS/PROFESSION'S POWERS WOULD YOU LIKE IN REAL LIFE?

Comments

• DethevanDethevan Member UncommonPosts: 60
    For me would have to be a Wizard from EverQuest.  Nothing more fun than calling down an Ice Comet on someones head!  Although I'd prefer for it to be a mix between a Wizard from EQ and Black Mage from Final Fantasy.    :-)

Currently playing EverQuest 2

• TheIronLegionTheIronLegion Member Posts: 269

GW2 Mesmer: Love to have clones of myself to do my bidding.

WoW dryad: You know why ;)

• Sovren1Sovren1 Member Posts: 312

I can actually answer both.

DCUO's superman archtype without the weakness to kryptonite.

Other than that I have a few others, but I think wow's druid is pretty versatile.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by Dethevan
    For me would have to be a Wizard from EverQuest.  Nothing more fun than calling down an Ice Comet on someones head!  Although I'd prefer for it to be a mix between a Wizard from EQ and Black Mage from Final Fantasy.    :-)

Ohh man yeah, Black Mage from FF a classic in display of sheer power ;)

• MrStabemsMrStabems Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Bard from EQ, nothing like being able to do everything a bard can do. But mostly I would just use the Levitate, invisibility, and insane run speed song Selo's Song of Travel.

“Do not argue with an idiot they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
    Mark Twain

• DethevanDethevan Member UncommonPosts: 60
    Originally posted by Kuppa
    Originally posted by Dethevan

Ohh man yeah, Black Mage from FF a classic in display of sheer power ;)

The ultimate glass cannon, but woe be to those who couldn't kill them before they got a spell off.

Currently playing EverQuest 2

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Polymorph.  I am the shepard you are all my sheep.
    Originally posted by muffins89

Pardon my ignorance, what game is this from?

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    If I had to pick a power it would be a Beastlord from Everquest.  The ability to talk to and command animals would be awesome.  Who wouldn't want to have a Drake at your command? hehe
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

lots of games have morph spells.  the  only one i've seen where it a sheep is wow.

lots of games have morph spells.  the  only one i've seen where it a sheep is wow.

Ahh I see what you mean, the specific spell. 

If I had to pick a second one, I know breaking the rules I set lol, it would be the elemental Druid from D2(yes I know, not really an rpg). Man would love to be able to have a hurricane swirling around and throw tornadoes around at will.

• goozmaniagoozmania Member RarePosts: 394
    Anyone who doesn't pick some cleric-type class is crazy. I'd pick any profession with heals, cures, buffs and revives. Plus, all cleric-type professions have projectile spells that would be more than capable of killing a simple human; I assume humans have around 100hp, because they suck.
  • ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308
    Boobs.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Flying.

Nothing beats that. It's the ultimate freedom.

As to the MMO class, hmm. That's really difficult. I love change, that's why I always make so many alts. But if I had to nail down to one, I'd say the Everquest II Ranger. I loved my Fae Ranger from EQ2 to bits. :)

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Rezzing ofc.
  • YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Druid shapeshifting spell. Although knowing my luck, I'd probably shapeshift at the wrong time in midair and go splat.
  • gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757
    Originally posted by Piiritus
    Rezzing ofc.

I ll go for self-rez instead. Sorry I am a greedy ***

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Ok, OP, did you mean "could you have a power/be a class in REAL LIFE or in a MMO"?? ^^

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• KalestonKaleston Member Posts: 173
    Originally posted by gordiflu
    Originally posted by Piiritus
    Rezzing ofc.

I ll go for self-rez instead. Sorry I am a greedy ***

Well WoW shaman could self-res now and then and also can rez other people - win win :)

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503
    As someone has said before anyone with rezzing or healing capabilities would be immensely rich in the real world. The ability to create gates and teleport would also make you an immense commodity to some corporations. Unfortunately it would also make you a potential nuclear weapon deliverer,  meaning the NSA or the CIA would  enroll you by force, forbid you to accept any other kind of job and give you the standard spy fee as the only means of living. Life sucks, i know. You can always teleport to North Korea if you dont like it.
  • IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292
    Musician from Ultima Online. Complete with peacemaking, provoking and uber skills in all instruments. HELL YEAH!

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    Druid shapeshifting. That would make my commute to work so much more fun.
    Originally posted by Elikal
    Ok, OP, did you mean "could you have a power/be a class in REAL LIFE or in a MMO"?? ^^

Be a class in real life.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Four things.

The ability to resurrect myself endlessly.

The ability to not have to spend any money at all on day to day expenses.

The ability to kill hundreds of thousands of things with impunity.

A rogue's stealth ability.

** edit **
    Five things. The ability to carry a trusty mount in my pocket.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.