Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UPDATE: On Ascended High End Gear

2»

Comments

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by wowfan1996 And this is the last nail in the coffin of MMO "revolution". Welcome to yet another WoW clone. /yawn

Numbers prob dropped so they went against what what they said gear progression would be to pull in more people from Wow. Sad....

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    To be a wow clone you need something more than gear progression. sad to see so many blinded with hatred people.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

All I see here is massive grind for little progression.

If GW2 had normal MMO progression added to it's awesome events and combat system it really could have been a real WoW challenger. I really feel they missed a good opportunity due to poor design choices.

The game is successful, sure. I just think it could have been even more successful.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by InFlamestwo

It's not a big difference in stat unless you're a total noob that can't play.

Don't come in here with that BS. If you take two equally skilled players who wins? The one with better gear, no matter how tiny the difference. Anything that starts tipping scales artifically (beyond exotics) was not suppose to exist in this game. 

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Originally posted by Jyiiga
    Originally posted by Jyiiga

People don't seem to understand that Infusions are only effective in this new dungeon.

It doesn't effect rest of the PvE.

It's good that ArenaNet make content for all kinds of players. Stop your bitch ass whining..GW2 is a game for everyone.

Ok everyone. Try this again.

First item, power stat. 50+18 is 68

Second item, power stat. 48+15 is 63

Now potentially add that up across and entire set of items. We all know chest slot and leg slot have higher margins than that. 

Now all the article speaks of (so thats what we have to go by) is putting these items into dungeons. Before we had the option to buy crafted gear, dungeon crawl, random drop or WvW for our exotics. You say this game is for everyone and yet to me this smells like vanilla WOW. Having to go back into dungeons to stay on par for WvW. It also does not fit with the design mentality they have spoken about in the past. 

The number on those stats are so small it doesn't matter. Player skill > stat difference

No one ever whined at exotics and that they had to either run dungeons or craft them. The big thing with this is Infusions and they don't even effect your power outside the new dungeon.

This is a good update for those that enjoy dungeon crawling and ofc people like you need to whine on the forums of how much it ruins GW2.

Learn to play.

All the points go right over your head. 

People didn't whine about exotics because exotics were suppose to be the cap. I could craft them (by myself), I could buy them off the TP, I could find them in random world drops, I could buy them with WvW tokens, I could buy them from Orr vendors and I could get them from dungeons (wow amazing). They were going to be the top tier gear (as stated) and then we had other gear that was cosmetic. 

As pointed out by others (so I'm not going to do math a third time cause your just avoiding it on purpose) this is a meaninful stat increase once you accumulate a set. 

If you want to add a new tier (which is disagree with) it needs to be just like the previous tier. There should be multiple ways to obtain it. The dungeon crawling demo is not the only demo in this game. Thats half the reason they have the population that they do. 

Learn not to be a lemming. 

You can craft it and do the dungeons. If you don't like dungeons, craft it. You may get it other ways aswell, they haven't told us yet.

It's not a big difference in stat unless you're a total noob that can't play.

Was waiting for this term to come into play. Now we have a full fledged flame post. Congrats once again GW2 fans on fanaticism.

Getting my popcorn...

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Originally posted by QSatu
    To be a wow clone you need something more than gear progression. sad to see so many blinded with hatred people.

This is how it has always been when it comes to labeling of WOW CLONES. Why do you think it is going to be any different in case of GW2? 

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

They are just adding the system they had in GW1: prophecies to the game - Infusion. I was wondering when they would use it. Mursaat had a skill called Spectral Agony that would kill in 2-3 seconds if you weren't INFUSED. It is nothing new here - they are just using a system that was in GW1, but now you won't have a dedicated healer, so you will need the infusion.

Nothing new - people need to get off the WHINING BOX.

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Originally posted by Tayah

Originally posted by wowfan1996 And this is the last nail in the coffin of MMO "revolution". Welcome to yet another WoW clone. /yawn

Numbers prob dropped so they went against what what they said gear progression would be to pull in more people from Wow. Sad....

Surely you jest. I thought that gw2 was best seller on Amazon. and all the severs were full all the time! the game was growing and growing leaps and bounds!

Atleast thats what i hear anyway...

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by Zzad

New High End gear explained!

imageimageimage

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/linsey-murdock-unveils-new-high-end-ascended-gear/

If these screenies are true for all of the sets, I don't see the issue anymore. If they had made them more then 2-3 points difference I would have been on the horn complaining about this more. :P as it is it's no different then legendaries. So if it tricks the ponies into running a dungeon thinking they have more awesomeness, so be it maybe it will keep them quiet for a while so the rest of us can continue playing in peace.

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Originally posted by itgrowls
    Originally posted by Zzad

New High End gear explained!

imageimageimage

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/linsey-murdock-unveils-new-high-end-ascended-gear/

If these screenies are true for all of the sets, I don't see the issue anymore. If they had made them more then 2-3 points difference I would have been on the horn complaining about this more. :P as it is it's no different then legendaries. So if it tricks the ponies into running a dungeon thinking they have more awesomeness, so be it maybe it will keep them quiet for a while so the rest of us can continue playing in peace.

I love gear progression but i can understand why people are upset. If you go by these stats ignoring the new slot upgrades the difference is little udner 10%. Now you can say it is nothing but for a game where exotics was suppossed to be the level cap gear even 10% is a lot. And in article Anet clearly stated that they will keep on adding more upgrades which will widen the gap between exotic and ascended even further.

They could have easily added infusion  to existing exotics but they didn't instead they went with new tier of gear with better stats.

• AdzijaAdzija Member UncommonPosts: 58

We still don't know about rest of the Ascended gear except rings and back slot.

No info about it yet but I belive that 6 set bonuses will still be better than this. Since Ascended stuff can't have that bonus it will be something to consider.

Will have to see it when rest of the Ascended gear is out in few months. For now I'm not too worried about it. More types of gear means more stuff to do in game and I don't want to complain about free content.

New 80 area 3 months after release isn't too bad.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    GW1 Infusion was used ONLY for one Foe. I am wondering if we will go back to the Ring of Fire Islands in the future, since A.Net is adding Infusion to the armor in the game. People complained in GW1 that you had to get each piece of armor infused separately and they did away with that, becaue of the whiners. Here we have more whining BEFORE the items are even in game. I am taking a wait and see now that I read the posts from A.Net.

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by botrytis

They are just adding the system they had in GW1: prophecies to the game - Infusion. I was wondering when they would use it. Mursaat had a skill called Spectral Agony that would kill in 2-3 seconds if you weren't INFUSED. It is nothing new here - they are just using a system that was in GW1, but now you won't have a dedicated healer, so you will need the infusion.

Nothing new - people need to get off the WHINING BOX.

If I recall correctly infusion in GW1 was applied to existing items. It didn't require a different set of higher stat items with a special slot. 

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    I know this is an update, but this is already being discussed in the existing thread, and there's no need to split the discussion (and/or arguments) into multiple places. http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/369231/New-dungeon-will-give-us-stronger-armour.html

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.