Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have a refer a friend key, is it too late to start GW2 though?

wireded21wireded21 Member UncommonPosts: 131

As per title.

Is it too late?... starter areas and PVE still populated ok?

Comments

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

YMMV, but at least it does seem that it's not too late at all.

I play on the Yak's Bend server, last night I played a little bit on a charr engineer I had created at releast but hadn't played since then, I had no problems finding other people around, of course, nothing like how it was at release but nowhere near being a ghost town. Later at the norn starter area someone called in map that the shaman event was starting (a chain of events that end up in a boss fight), by the time the shaman appeared there were at least 20 or 30 people there.

On another character I was in a level 25-35 area for a story quest (he's level 61, of course downleveled for the area), and doing events and stuff on the way so I could finish the daily achievements. Most events I did had at least 4 or 5 people around, and I did see several other people running around as well.

Of course, as with any theme park game, it does eventually become top heavy, and GW2 is no exception, so the lower level (and specially mid level) areas are nowhere near as populated, which can be both a blessing and a curse from time to time. I say a curse because it can take a little while to get enough people to do some of the biggest group events in the mid-level areas (I'm looking at you, Kraitt Witch... or was a couple nights ago), but also lots of events become much less zergy (and IMHO more fun) with 5 or 6 people instead of 20 or 30, and there's actually a posibility of failure on them.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Not too late to start, no. Almost nothing actually needs you to be with anyone else in the open world and the dungeons seem to be still pretty easy to get groups for.
  • WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Originally posted by wireded21

As per title.

Is it too late?... starter areas and PVE still populated ok?

This is really hard to answer since situation differs from server to server. 

• AdzijaAdzija Member UncommonPosts: 58

Leveling my third alt and it seems very good. Even better than at launch since now it's not too crowded but you still have people around doing stuff and helping each other.

Edit: I'm on Desolation EU..dunno about other servers

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    It's not too late, GW2 is extremely casual friendly. Pick high populated server.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• wireded21wireded21 Member UncommonPosts: 131

Ok great,. Thanks for the replies.

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    This game doesn't have vertical gear progression. Even if you play an hour a day you will catch us. Have fun
  • BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037
    Playing new alts, outside of US prime time, I'm still finding it well populated. I'm on Yak's Bend also.
  • GeobardiGeobardi Member Posts: 68
    I'm in Baruch's Bay, the european spanish server and i'm leveling a level 32 mesmer and a level 16 guardian, i had no problems finding people to play with in the lower and medium areas so far, in fact it's much more fun and challenging now that there is not a zerg of people doing the events.