Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift Expansion Opening cinimatic

Comments

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869

Trion should have sproken to the FF guys and took some notes on how to make a cinamatic trailor.

EDIT: yes i know that was ingame images but idc.

• cybrinsanitycybrinsanity Member Posts: 106
    neat! :)
  • RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Um, did they put a purple body suit on Crucia for this trailer?

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• JackFrostyJackFrosty Member Posts: 103
    Originally posted by xAPOCx

Trion should have sproken to the FF guys and took some notes on how to make a cinamatic trailor.

Yes your right because FFO did so amazingly well right. Who should be taking notes again lol.

The trailer was awesome :D Can't wait to play it!

When I wake up, the real nightmare begins

Originally posted by JackFrosty

Yes your right because FFO did so amazingly well right. Who should be taking notes again lol.

Trion should take notes from FFRRB on how to make a great trailer. what i wasent clear with that?

That what we were talking about right. the trailer? not the game itself? perhaps you know something i dont.

PS the rift trailer was buns.

• TekkamanTekkaman Member UncommonPosts: 158

I'm happy to see that you have the ability to read and comprehend.

Thank you for your input which is equally as pointless as my post.

I'm gonna go Google to find out what FFO is. Hadn't heard of it.

/sarcasm still on

This trailer did not hype anybody up. It didn't show much, but I understand they were going for the story of invasion.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    It's ok.. but for some reason the graphics look far worse in that trailer than when actually playing with ultra settings. Bad move.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    Originally posted by Vannor
    It's ok.. but for some reason the graphics look far worse in that trailer than when actually playing with ultra settings. Bad move.

Was thinking the same thing. Thought it was just a hd issue on my end but wasent.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Vannor

true , the question is why release it like that? lol

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

They'll need more money to make it happen though, and the expansion itself would probably suffer for that.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

Rift's graphics have always been hit or miss.  Sometimes the game looks great, but other times it looks like ass.  Guess the devs weren't quite as careful with the camera angles in the video as they are with the screenshots.

For the record, I don't think the graphics in the trailer look that bad.  It's a pretty accurate representation of what the game looks like most of the time.

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Originally posted by Tekkaman

/sarcasm still on

This trailer did not hype anybody up. It didn't show much, but I understand they were going for the story of invasion.

People who get all hyped up by CGI traielrs are always the first one to QQ when they realise that actual game play is not on par. SWTOR, WAR, FFXIV etc all had amazing cinematics.

So yeah in game footage over CGI any day.

• LaromussLaromuss Member UncommonPosts: 331
    Originally posted by Whitebeards

/sarcasm still on

People who get all hyped up by CGI traielrs are always the first one to QQ when they realise that actual game play is not on par. SWTOR, WAR, FFXIV etc all had amazing cinematics.

Didn't they just have a full open beta weekend for eveyrone to preivew the new expansion, additonally there is a ton of dev demos etc.  For me this trailer was just extra on top of an expansion that shaping up to be great and quite polished.  

/sarcasm still on

not true. most can seperate the 2. those trailer are ment to generate interest by telling a part of the stroy you cant get with gameplay. Some do it well ( WOW, SWTOR, FFXVI ) and some dont ( all RIFT trailer, GW2, WAR )

In game footage is only worth a damn when its showing you gameplay.

CGI trailers are only worth a damn when its telling a story in a dramatic fashon.

/sarcasm still on

not true. most can seperate the 2. those trailer are ment to generate interest by telling a part of the stroy you cant get with gameplay. Some do it well ( WOW, SWTOR, FFXVI ) and some dont ( all RIFT trailer, GW2, WAR )

CGI trailers are only worth a damn when its telling a story in a dramatic fashon.

I am talking about people who buy MMOS solely based on CGI trailers. 

I personaly prefer in game footage because that is what matters in the end. CGI trailers certainly didn't help SWTOR in long run.

/sarcasm still on

I am talking about people who buy MMOS solely based on CGI trailers. 

I personaly prefer in game footage because that is what matters in the end. CGI trailers certainly didn't help SWTOR in long run.

But you prefer in game footage to tell you HOW the game plays. That different from what the trailers do.

If someone wants to make there dicision to by a product based on a CGI trailer then thats what they do.

I can tell you that the CGI trailer DID help there sales of SWTOR however. Cause that cinamatic trailer hot!

But you prefer in game footage to tell you HOW the game plays. That different from what the trailers do.

If someone wants to make there dicision to by a product based on a CGI trailer then thats what they do.

I can tell you that the CGI trailer DID help there sales of SWTOR however. Cause that cinamatic trailer hot!

Isn't that what matters? the game play? CGI only helps you buy the game, it doesn't help you last longer in game though. I have no problems with those who buy MMOS solely on basis of CGI. All i said was that they are first one to complain about gameplay not being on par with CGI.

Isn't that what matters? the game play? CGI only helps you buy the game, it doesn't help you last longer in game though. I have no problems with those who buy MMOS solely on basis of CGI. All i said was that they are first one to complain about gameplay not being on par with CGI.

Your speculating as to why people complain about gameplay. Truth is you dont know why people complain.

I have no problem with why you prefer ingame footage but to dismiss the power of the CGI trailer is absurd.

They are 2 different things that do 2 different things.

Now you can make a trailer useing ingame footage but it wount have nearly the emontional impact as those cgi ones.

• OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616
    It looks like a bad TERA/FF trailer IMO.

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

Your speculating as to why people complain about gameplay. Truth is you dont know why people complain.

I have no problem with why you prefer ingame footage but to dismiss the power of the CGI trailer is absurd.

Now you can make a trailer useing ingame footage but it wount have nearly the emontional impact as those cgi ones.

I am just going by the posts on forums and how people often say that gameplay was nothing like CGI. Saw it in case of SWTOR as well as FFXIV.

In my own opinion. Buying a game just on basis of CGI without doing any research into actual gameplay is the most stupid thing. And if these people later complain and feel ripped off, they deserve it.

I am just going by the posts on forums and how people often say that gameplay was nothing like CGI. Saw it in case of SWTOR as well as FFXIV.

In my own opinion. Buying a game just on basis of CGI without doing any research into actual gameplay is the most stupid thing. And if these people later complain and feel ripped off, they deserve it.

i can agreee with you on your last point. But i think a majority of MMOers do more research then just seeing a cgi trailer. If anything the trailer will get them interesed in finding out more about that game.