Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We should not be able to craft exotics, or should we?

andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

IMO it is way to easy to obtain max stat gear. You can craft all the max stat gear for not much effort at all. About 2-5gold a piece. 

It would be way better if each dungeon offered exotics with different stats. This way, you would hve to play the game, instead of spamming 1 in Cursed shore. Just my 2 cents. 

Accidently hit enter > I was going to make more options but oh well...

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

No the best items in any game should be craftable..

But the ingredients, those shgould come from hard to get places and dungeons only...   So if you want that dagger of dragonbreath, get me that dragons tooth first and i will craft it.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

I sometimes feel like crafting in gw2 isn't really "crafting". It's just another progression for a character and it is expected for every player to have at least 1 crafting discipline at 400 by lvl 80. If you look at it this way it means every player is almost self sufficient and then I can totally understand that it shouldn't allow players to craft exotics.

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

Yes, it should be possible to craft highest-level gear. The basic premise of GW2 is that gear is not the main objective, it's something that you get on the side. You don't play for progression, you play for playing. 

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

I think Exotic gear should drop from dungeon bosses, rare spawns and loot for certain meta events (like the dragons).

On another note, this will be last post on these forums, I am pulling a Creslin and moving on.  These forums are nothign but this game sucks, and mine is the best and a complete troll fest for those who disagree.

Cya mmorpg.comimageimage

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Originally posted by Deleted User

I think Exotic gear should drop from dungeon bosses, rare spawns and loot for certain meta events (like the dragons).

On another note, this will be last post on these forums, I am pulling a Creslin and moving on.  These forums are nothign but this game sucks, and mine is the best and a complete troll fest for those who disagree.

Cya mmorpg.comimageimage

Can I haz ur stuff?

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

I would like all sorts of things to be rare drops from ordinary mobs to bosses.

Was always a good feeling when you killed a random mob in EQ/EQ2 and you found a fable weapon.

In most MMOs today most loot are just vendor trash, sure GW2 do have infact ok yellow drop rate but I do not like this magic find crap you have to use, I rather just have raw numbers rolling in the background.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• AsabellAsabell Member Posts: 18
    Crafted gear and weapons should be the best in the game followed by  wvw = dungeon = rare drops = karma
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

No the best items in any game should be craftable..

But the ingredients, those shgould come from hard to get places and dungeons only...   So if you want that dagger of dragonbreath, get me that dragons tooth first and i will craft it.

It's rare, but I agree completely.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    there should never be a difference in stats on max level crafted vs max level dropped gear. They should each have unique skins, but not any noteable stat differences.  The time to craft, difficulty gathering mats, or that sort of thing is how they should balance the crafting costs.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.