Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honestly, I believe I am ready for the expansion pack now

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Honestly, I believe I am ready for the expansion pack now.

i rather skip all these meaningless free content updates, that are really nothing but time gated content that was already made.

i want some new features added to the game. New races to play, and new classes to play. Also new skills to use on classes.

maybe a dual class system brought back somehow, and companions like SWTOR and GW1's hero system put together.

player housing, 

ships and vehicles to explore in.

underwater cities.

mounts.

raid dungeons. 

There are so many cool features that could be added. I am tired of just getting the nothing but a new Premade landmass with same old same old events on them. I am ready for something new.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Hmm. 

Character level 80. Check.

Exoctic gear. Check.

Legendary weapon. Not even close, but then I dont think I need that for the expansion.

Sure, I am ready for the new expansion but I also understand that making a good expansion takes time. I dont think any MMO released a real expansion 3 months after launch.

I rather wait and get a large and fun expansion than getting some half done crap right now. Besides, still needs to level up 2 alts besides getting Twilight so I am in no real hurry.

If you feel 100% finnished with current content I still think playing something else a few months is better than getting a crappy small expansion. 

The original GW had released 2 new campaigns and one expansions 28 months after launch and those were massive with loads of new zones. Thge first campaign factions released exactly a year after the original game, the second 6 months after that.

So a good guess is that we see the first expansion between january and june. I hope for one late this winter.

Mini expansions every 3 months instead is not as good in my opinion.

Edit: Dont forget the guildhouses, just like personal houses have they already worked on them a long time and it is time to get the guild back into guildwars.

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051

I'm ready for some additional content and/or expansion.

But some of your list I don't see being implemented. New skills to use, yes. Races and classes, yes to at least classes. Don't see the point in companions. The way this game functions is so far different than GW1 and TOR, that companions aren't needed and would just take away from some good content. Player housing, nothing big to me. Ships and vehicles to expore the instanced maps in doesn't mean much, maybe if the world was all together and without waypoints all over the place. Again, lame additions that would take the place of good content. Mounts fits into this as well. Raid dungeons, sure.

And from what I've read so far, the events on the new land aren't quite the same as the others. And thinking that everything was premade is probably a mistake on your part, as they explained in the major article featured on this site - feel free to read it ;)

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773

Up until today I would have voted ready for an expansion.

With the announcement of gearbased treadmill the game is dead to me. So vote became: Not playing

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

• grimm6thgrimm6th Member Posts: 973
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

i rather skip all these meaningless free content updates, that are really nothing but time gated content that was already made.

uh...what?  I am not sure I believe that you really think that these free content updates are premade time gated content...

First off, there isn't any need to time gate stuff in GW2, and second, I don't really get the feeling that content is finished and then shelved for release at a certain date.  If anything, they like to go back and reiterate things.  Anet isn't exactly huge, either and this will be their second world event in 2 months.

Lastly, the game released in september.  My guess is 6 months to a year befor the first expansion comes out.

I used to TL;DR, but then I took a bullet point to the footnote.

• Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642
    Originally posted by Halandir  gearbased treadmill

What's that?

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

I want them to fix WvW.

And if they add raiding, it better be DAoC style raiding, now WoW.

Isn't raiding already essentially in the game with the high level dynamic events?

• FreezzoFreezzo Member UncommonPosts: 235
    Originally posted by Blazer6992

What's that?

I don't get the comment either...

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." - John F. Kennedy
    And for MMORPGs ever so true...

Originally posted by DavisFlight

I want them to fix WvW.

Isn't raiding already essentially in the game with the high level dynamic events?

1) Where did you read raiding? There isn't anything remotely close to what I heard of. Just a new dungeon and a new zone...

2) Fix WvW? Aren't the players broken instead of the system?

What's that?

Thats me being disappointed and a little sad, stumbling over words on my way out... image

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

Originally posted by Halandir

What's that?

Thats me being disappointed and a little sad, stumbling over words on my way out... image

Just because of the ascended gear? That was something already in GW1 and you can hardly call that a gear threadmill, can you?

Originally posted by Freezzo

Just because of the ascended gear? That was something already in GW1 and you can hardly call that a gear threadmill, can you?

Sorry... This is nothing like infused gear in GW. This is adding more powerful gear (only obtainable in a dungeon) that will affect WvW play.

BTW: What is "threadmill" image

(repeat ad infinitum)

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

It is gear treadmill for one dungeon, however...

The new gear is back and rings only, plus has minimal stat increase beyond exotic, it will barely affect WvW or anything else beyond the one dungeon it comes from.

If they keep going with the trend though I can see it growing into a full blown treadmill that will impact all parts of the game.

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

Up until today I would have voted ready for an expansion.

With the announcement of gearbased treadmill the game is dead to me. So vote became: Not playing

Maybe you should first read properly through the article and understand its meaning before you make assumptions and quit a game you could otherwise enjoy?

Except if you think that getting rings and a backpack from the fractal dungeons or at a later point gear that will be up to pair with the legendary stats so you can survive in certain instances or against certain enemy groups in the game, is equal to gear based mmos (which is not).

On the topic:

- I have only one level 80

- have 7 alts with the highest being around level 25

- have explored around 45% -50% of the world with my main only

- have only played till the TA dungeon and never touched the other ones yet

Enjoying the game casually with some very busy days ending up for me doing only my daily and getting out again.

So in my case I still have tons to do.

Would still love a expansion with guild halls, housing, team arenas and more mini games though. :)

Unfortunately the guild halls have been set to the backburner through ANet so I don't think we will get any in the next few months, nor we will get any with the first expansion. :/

What I could take out of the interviews I watched was that they mainly focus on sPvP and level 80 content at the moment.

• DjildjameshDjildjamesh Member UncommonPosts: 406

Are you serious :o

i am FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR from ready for an expansion. I dinged 80 last night (yay me) and only explored 30% of the world so there is still lot's of work to be done for me :)

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

Sorry... This is nothing like infused gear in GW. This is adding more powerful gear (only obtainable in a dungeon) that will affect WvW play.

BTW: What is "threadmill" image

You are right that you won't obtain it the same way we got the infusion in GW1 but:

-  the background of the "infusion slot" on the ascended gear

-  the name "ascended" which recalls the ascended status we got after we beat our mirror image in augury rock in GW1 

-  the fact that you need this infusion to block a certain skill some enemy groups will use in the future in certain areas

Indicates that lorewise, it's quite similar to what we had to do so the mursaat couldn't kill us in 2 seconds in GW1.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by DavisFlight

I want them to fix WvW.

1) Where did you read raiding? There isn't anything remotely close to what I heard of. Just a new dungeon and a new zone...

2) Fix WvW? Aren't the players broken instead of the system?

Blame the players? What?

No. The RvR system is completely underdeveloped and void of any kind of real point. They modelled it after DAoC but didn't go far enough, they only grrabbed the surface features. There need to be realm ranks, bigger zones, no population cap, relics, a Darkness Falls dungeon.

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778

I love gear progression. So i am ready for it. Ascended armor actually brought me back and i have started playing again.

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065
    My highest character just dinged 61 last night, with a few others in the 20-40 range, haven't done much WvW (though I do find it fun) or dungeons yet... still lots of things left to do, lots to explore, so I'd say still not ready for a expansion on my end.. :)

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Meaningless free content update? Did the OP even look at what's in it??? Changing the progression of an mmo isn't meaningless.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Sharkz with lazerz!

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.