Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Ideas for Greed Monger

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Hey share some of your ideas for the developers that linger here.

whats some ideas you want in the game?

for me I would persoanlly like to see a MMO thats sandbox but with Faction PvP instead of FFA for once.

also like to see a skill line that a hybrid of Magic and Melee, rather than pure melee or pure caster magic.

also a skill line for magical pets and creatures to summon.

A way to build on the world with blocks and tools like Minecraft but for PvP would be awesome.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• MogusMogus Member Posts: 169

We are considering Faction PVP as opposed to Open PVP and if we do utilize factions, each faction will be representative of a specific House ran by one of the Castle Owners. It just depends on how many castle owners we have at launch.

www.greedmonger.com
    Did you like Ultima Online? Then you'll LOVE Greed Monger!

• AbdiellAbdiell Member UncommonPosts: 102

I think the one unifying theme amongst all criticisms for this game is the name. It is god aweful. Listen to the people that will eventually become your player base, and change it. 

The average person will see that name and think it is some tycoon or facebook game, and move along without bothering to research it. You will kill your populaiton before you even start.

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Originally posted by Mogus

We are considering Faction PVP as opposed to Open PVP and if we do utilize factions, each faction will be representative of a specific House ran by one of the Castle Owners. It just depends on how many castle owners we have at launch.

I like this idea better than set factions..The players get to control what goes on and as Castle owners change, factions could shift.  Seems much more dynamic than this faction created in the beginning vs this one vs this one.. etc

• RheanonRheanon Member UncommonPosts: 130
    Since it will be a crafting oriented game, maybe player-run vendors can sell sets of things instead of individual items.
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Also maybe Raid dungeons can offer rewards that are powerful Crafting materials, 

as well as some kind of PvP faction progression currency. This way PvE players can help out their fellow PvP players who guard their faction. Like a large scale coop of sorts, without being dirrectly in the PvP fighting.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

Also maybe Raid dungeons can offer rewards that are powerful Crafting materials, 

as well as some kind of PvP faction progression currency. This way PvE players can help out their fellow PvP players who guard their faction. Like a large scale coop of sorts, without being dirrectly in the PvP fighting.

SOunds like instanced talk to me.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• lasombra2012lasombra2012 Member Posts: 2
    I like the faction idea but I personally would like to see it where you can be unalligned to a faction or the ability to change factions. I think that would be good for RP purposes.
  • fernetekfernetek Member Posts: 61
    Originally posted by Mogus

While I definitely like the idea of clans being tied to lore, the problem I forsee is that whether or not people like whoever owns the castle, they have to obey them. Or am I misunderstanding?