Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warplane Beta

Has anyone tried the beta testing?

Saw MMORPG giving away beta keys. So I thought why not give it a try. 

Played for half an hour. Uninstall. 

** The flight controls are terrible. How is possible that flight controls in a 2012 game is multifolds time more clunky, unfun that BF1942, a game that I played 10+ years ago??**

Have you guys trued it? If yes, whats your opinion? 

Comments

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

Its a lot harder than World of Tanks thats for sure. For example, it takes about 100 or so battles to learn how to shoot passably, not to mention you can fail and die with simply flying wrong. Still it I think its a comfortable compromise between arcade flying and flight sims. I do well with a mouse and keyboard with a 62% victory rate, however it is worth to note the default button layout and settings are dreadful. So customize them to your liking before you start playing for real.

You can't fly with your friends yet, other than entering the que simultaneously, but its fairly fun and addictive to earn and try new planes and customize them. Due to the high skill factor, you can really pwn and carry your team in this one, much more so than in WoT. Also, apart from the treshold of moving on from propeller aircrafts to jets powered ones, the tier system is a lot more forgiving too, meaning you can take out a plane two tiers above you quite easily if you know how to fly and shoot.

But yeah... jets, they own the sky.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• TwitchnTwitchn Member Posts: 33
    I played for a bit and installed War Thunder as it is way better than WoWp. Lets face it graphics, playability, and content is light years better in War Thunder.
  • HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by uruzu

Has anyone tried the beta testing?

Saw MMORPG giving away beta keys. So I thought why not give it a try. 

Played for half an hour. Uninstall. 

** The flight controls are terrible. How is possible that flight controls in a 2012 game is multifolds time more clunky, unfun that BF1942, a game that I played 10+ years ago??**

Have you guys trued it? If yes, whats your opinion? 

What part of BETA did you fail to grasp? image   Its not a free trial

• Land_SharkLand_Shark Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Originally posted by Twitchn
    I played for a bit and installed War Thunder as it is way better than WoWp. Lets face it graphics, playability, and content is light years better in War Thunder.

I couldn't agree more, as does pretty much anybody with half a brain and isn't a WG fanboi.