Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: The End is Near

13»

Comments

• moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337
    Originally posted by Mannish
    Anybody looking for a real mmo needs to support this game.

I will be one of those people. As long as my food stamps bring me a healthy return at the pump.

• Arcondo87Arcondo87 Member Posts: 94
    Originally posted by ChaosLord83
    Originally posted by iamjason1989

In b4 DEATHWING CLONEZ ELDER DRAGON CLONEEE

assuming that dragon is Bahamut, deathwing and the elder dragons would be his clone

It has been confirmed that it is Bahamut. Was there for the last hr and in game nothing happend. Squarenix just released a video when the clock struck zero.

• Soldier101Soldier101 Member Posts: 111
    Is there any way to try this game for the ps3, before buying the game or the pc one?
  • TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235
    this is what i call a trailer

So What Now?

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552
    Amazing trailer. Best quality I have seen in ages. I hope this does as well as we all wanted it to do originally :P
  • hillson18hillson18 Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by biggarfoot
    Originally posted by cybertrucker
    What's up with double posting this? There is already a 5 page conversation going on with links to video. As for the vid. It's a good vid, but the character models are horrible. Not the best game trailer I have seen. 

I don't really consider it a game trailer, but a cgi to show the end of an era as is titled, the character models are horrible in what way? show me what you consider better character models.  Compared to some games out there, they are pretty decent.

Totally agree, it is well known that square-enix (especially the FF series) been always the leading CGI and character model creater in the industry since decades ago.  They are some big name out there make good CGI once a while (blizzard for example, maybe once every year?)  But square-enix been making CGI like this much more frequently and always been at the top quality level.  Some people may not like the anime-ish character, but you can't deny the quality of the video base on personal taste.

• hillson18hillson18 Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by PKJackCrow
    I think the thing that has drawn me and psuhed me away with square is their story telling. This might be fuuny to hear  but square used to have great story telling, there was a reason that final fantasy 1 took the company from bankrupcy to where they are today. At the same time i feel that they have grown so comfortable so safe that only the failure of 14 shook them up to realize that the reason people bought their games, whether it was 1 or 2 or 6 or 7 was because it told a GREAT story even if the gameplay was a minor thing. Unfortunely in the MMO world Gameplay does weigh in as much as story amoung other things. Companies that make great single rpgs need to realize if you make a MMO it needs to be a world not what alot of these guys have brought so far.

I still think SE got good story telling, tbh FF series are probably the only RPG i play nowday that i actually read the character conversation and try to understand the story, most other I will just fast forward/skip most of the time.  But imo it is a bit harder to do the story telling for MMO, solo RPG and MMORPG story telling is totally different story. 

• blythegablythega Member UncommonPosts: 174
    If only they put the same effort into the game that they put into the game trailers... then this game would not have to be reborn
  • HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357
    ITT:  Bahamut is a copy of Deathwing.
    Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • neobahamut20neobahamut20 Member Posts: 336

Hopefully they wont overprice the relaunch.

I'd give it a try for 5$ for the first month (with no need to buy the physical game, ie: free digital download)

Boycotting EA. Why? They suck, even moreso since 2008.

• neobahamut20neobahamut20 Member Posts: 336
    Originally posted by drivendawn
    Um correct me if im wrorg but deathwing shows up in warcraft 2 in 1995 I believe and bahamut is in the first final fantasy witch came out in 1987 so bahamut -> deathwing.

I think Bahamut was actually created in 1975 (in dungeons and dragons)

In Final Fantasy:
    Japanese release was in 1987 and came to America in 1990.

All of these dates are before Deathwing and the fact is, Bahamut is, and will always be, way cooler than Deathwing could ever hope to be, even as an airship.

Boycotting EA. Why? They suck, even moreso since 2008.

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519

in order for this game to not fail Enix has to be in no way involved. They admit that the orginal failed because it was rushed then they state this remake will be done by 2013 which is admitting they're rushing the remake as well.

RIP Final Fantasy

• o_Owlo_Owl Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by biggarfoot
    Old news travels fast.  If this site wants to be on top of their game at least get the information before everyone has seen it, plenty of topics covering this since yesterday.

Your comment is old. I've seen this one all over the internet on about every news article out there. If you're going to comment, at least be constructive.

On a more serious note, I'm glad they posted this because I don't scan the internet for all gaming related news ever created. I go for MMORPG.com if anything.

• OtashiOtashi Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Originally posted by Whitebeards
    Dragon causing mayhem and destruction to the world... i have never seen that before. very original.

This is no common dragon mate, Bahamut come on ! :p

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507
    Originally posted by Dahkot72
    Props to Square for taking it the complete revamp route.
    Something EA/Bioware should have done with SWTOR.
    May pickup the revamp both to hopefully enjoy it and also to support the idea that redoing entirely is better than sticking to a terrible shell of a game like other companies do.

SE had a good chance to go for that as they have PS3 FF XIV launch to aim for. The alpha footage which is ciculating the web now shows that a good job has indeed been done. I think we could be talking a condole mmo treat for many.

• TzagarothTzagaroth Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by Otashi
    Originally posted by Whitebeards
    Dragon causing mayhem and destruction to the world... i have never seen that before. very original.

This is no common dragon mate, Bahamut come on ! :p

besides the fact, that bahamut existed long time before deathwing..

bahamut actually succeeds, deathwing does not.