Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Deepworld: A Crafting & Mining MMO

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Deepworld is a seemingly simple game with amazing depth. It's billed as a crafting and mining MMO and we've got a first look preview to share. Check it out and then leave your thoughts in the comments.

You start off with a pick, a jet-pack and lots of inventory space. Everything stacks to the hundreds and you can explore and mine to your hearts delight before you begin to contemplate crafting.  The tutorial takes you through movement – you toggle a joystick by touching the edges of the device, mining – you touch blocks with a pick in hand and crafting – touching items that are not greyed out in your crafting menu.

Read more of Carolyn Koh's Deepworld: A Crafting, Mining MMO .

Previewer’s View

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• teotiusteotius Member UncommonPosts: 100
    So basically this is Terraria but with the mmo.
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Sounds kind of cool, but I think would be better in 3D. Just my opinion, of course.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    Yeahhh, I'm with lizard on this one, should have been 3D
  • DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

I wish people would stop tossing the word MMO around. It basically means nothing now.

So you're connected to a master server, but you never see anyone until you friend them? Sounds like Minecraft with a friends list instead of a server browser.

Remember when MMO meant thousands of people in the same area that you can see 100% of the time?

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    I'm going to have to agree with the 3D option, if this was 3D it would easily gravitate to the top of the MMO charts.
  • KeegarKeegar Member UncommonPosts: 19
    it still means that
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by DavisFlight

Remember when MMO meant thousands of people in the same area that you can see 100% of the time?

No, because it never did.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713

-What others have said (minus the 3D)

Terraria Online would/could have rocked... I was interested in this until I saw the actual combat. Looks horrible.

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    MAC only for now?
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence Member Posts: 1

I wish people would stop tossing the word MMO around. It basically means nothing now.

So you're connected to a master server, but you never see anyone until you friend them? Sounds like Minecraft with a friends list instead of a server browser.

You can see everyone in a given world. The friends list is just to keep tabs and allow people to collaborate in building.

Thousands is a stretch, but hundreds could work :)

• AesowhreapAesowhreap Member Posts: 78
    Where is the wiki definition of 'mmo'.

Originally posted by mikelaurence

You can see everyone in a given world. The friends list is just to keep tabs and allow people to collaborate in building.

Thousands is a stretch, but hundreds could work :)

Best Regards, ...

• Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642

Sounds like a game created just for I-pads.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    First diablo, now Ipad games.
    http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    I got this gifted to me for mac but have a pc so I hope I can get it changed to pc if not I guess I won't be checking it out.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    LOL about as much a MMO as Pong.
  • FistyMayhemFistyMayhem Member UncommonPosts: 61
    I'd buy it and probably love it if it was for PC
  • outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619
    Did I miss something? Is there PvP in this game?

• neosparkkneosparkk Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Ew... I want a 3D mining and crafting mmo with good graphics, huge amounts of depth, and an intricate economy. Make one.