Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The doomsday of Nov. 15th: NGE and now SWTOR f2p days ;)

ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Fun fact: Nov. 15th, the day SWTOR goes F2P is also the day SWG had the infamous NGE.

Coincidence?

Cosmic destiny??

Remember remeber

The 15th Nomvember

The NGE SOE plot

I see of no reason

Why the NGE treason

Should ever be forgot.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Comments

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Wow... that's actually kinda funny that they're both happening at the same time. I wonder if SWTOR is gonna go in the opposite direction of SWG's NGE, or if they'll have the same outcome...
  • SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

I can't tell if EA picking that date was meant as a joke or that they really don't have any idea what happened to the previous SW MMO. Either way I find picking that date comical and a likely harbinger of things to come for SWTOR.

It's time to rest now SWTOR, rest in peace sweet prince...

• AhnogAhnog Member UncommonPosts: 240
    There's no reasonable parallel between the two. NGE was a rewrite of a game, SWTOR is simply going to a hybrid ftp.

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
      I am very excited to come back to TOR,  as someone who plays mmo's 10-15 hrs a wk it is a boon to have F2P. I look forward to finishing my alts and re visiting again
  • Dahkot72Dahkot72 Member Posts: 261
    Still chuckle that EA can't even pick a date right for a relaunch of something.
    Any date out of the 365 would have been better than the one they picked for this.
  • FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

Yeah, this is REALLY hilarious.

15th November.. again.. another SW MMO makes a drastic change for the worse.

Soap Opera music:

"Will this be the final curtain for the once beloved and hyped new Star Wars MMO?

Will F2P bring in 50 million players as stated by a famous analyst?

Will people pay 14 dollars to own a carbonite chamber?

Tune in to our next episode of : Star Wars MMOs - Behind the Doom and Gloom"

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by FromHell

Yeah, this is REALLY hilarious.

15th November.. again.. another SW MMO makes a drastic change for the worse.

Soap Opera music:

"Will this be the final curtain for the once beloved and hyped new Star Wars MMO?

Will F2P bring in 50 million players as stated by a famous analyst?

Will people pay 14 dollars to own a carbonite chamber?

Tune in to our next episode of : Star Wars MMOs - Behind the Doom and Gloom"

DRAMA!

Hehe, I almost see Doctor Bob from the muppets before my eyes. ^^

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by Dahkot72
    Still chuckle that EA can't even pick a date right for a relaunch of something.
    Any date out of the 365 would have been better than the one they picked for this.

Lol, very true

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

http://www.swtor.com/free/features This is the reason why not to play SWTOR it answers itself As a FREE player you are limited on every aspect of the game.

Not only this but as a paying player what do you get besides limits removed You still have to purchase for real money coins to buy additional items they will be selling on top of your subscription if you want them.

They double Milk the Cow its not worth playing all around. They do the same thing Enmasse did with TERA.

For example

Inventory  as a paid member still requires me to use in game credits or RL money to expand.

Why not give this FREE to paid subscribers while they are subscribed.

Same thing with Cargo Space.

Three WarZones per WEEK FOR FREE PLAYERS????

What is the point of limit to this.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    i dunno i just resubbed to it and have over 1000 cartel coins as soon as it launches the store. I enjoy the combat and some of the story is fun . While this game doesnt have the best free to play model for sure , there is obviously a ton of cheap people that spin crap about the game here on this site.  15 Bucks for a month of entertainment is cheap and swtor still has plenty of entertainment value to it.  People cry so hard about how its going down here because they are to cheap to pay 15 bucks for a month and get 500 coins for free to spend on whatever you wish. Im glad though free players wont get some of the perks that subs get like sprint and 1 crewskill , already the trial players coming into the launch are changing the community for the worst at least on the two RP servers. Nod stealing while in combat , and general kill stealing is already in the starting zones with just the trial influx of players.