Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why isn't Blizzard releasing additional details about Titan?

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by TigerAero

I've heard in good faith that MOP is suppose to end the WoW franchise december 2013 and titan to start open beta in december 2013. Can't quote my source nor say my source is valid but...what I can say...is that Activision is actively seeking to sell Blizzard.

ive heard completely different - and have sources to back me up :)

wow has 2 more expansions planned

http://www.gamespot.com/news/next-two-world-of-warcraft-expansions-planned-6367729

Activision/Blizzard could buy back themselves from Vivendi

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/18/activision-could-buy-itself-back-from-vivendi

• TigerAeroTigerAero Member Posts: 127
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by TigerAero

I've heard in good faith that MOP is suppose to end the WoW franchise december 2013 and titan to start open beta in december 2013. Can't quote my source nor say my source is valid but...what I can say...is that Activision is actively seeking to sell Blizzard.

ive heard completely different - and have sources to back me up :)

wow has 2 more expansions planned

http://www.gamespot.com/news/next-two-world-of-warcraft-expansions-planned-6367729

Activision/Blizzard could buy back themselves from Vivendi

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/18/activision-could-buy-itself-back-from-vivendi

Oh, well that's good and a bit of relief. I was engaged in some background chatter at blizzcon. If both of those are true then well, hey, high hopes. :)

• bigronbigron Member Posts: 42

Wasn't titan a social media/MMO hybrid? It was in the quarterlies or the annual filings, forget which.

I'd don't think it's "WOW II" or anything like that.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

I think more info will be coming out in 2013 and a release date announced 2013 BlizzCon

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

Option 1. They spent years creating a story based MMO filled with cutscenes and VOs and are now a little embarrassed.

Option 2. They spent years creating a casual MMO without any progression and are now a little embarrassed.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by RefMinor
    Option 1. They spent years creating a story based MMO filled with cutscenes and VOs and are now a little embarrassed.Option 2. They spent years creating a casual MMO without any progression and are now a little embarrassed.

Option 3. They havent found another mmo worth copying yet.

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

theyre still making a decent earning on wow, so they still have time to polish the game

and perhaps they can get some new "inspiration" from competiton too in the process

i would be surprised , if titan didnt have a variant of swtors companion system

( i always felt, that companions was a variant of hunters pet/bridge officer system)

competition is much harder now,,every man and his dog is running an mmo these days

IMO , the battle will be between GW2 and titan for the big casual market

so many games,,so little time

• Ngeldu5tNgeldu5t Member UncommonPosts: 608

They were busy cooking another instant gratification themepark MMO but with the recent change in the MMO trend they were a bit caught off guard and are trying to remedy that.But we all know that Blizzard just copy and dumb down what other creative minds pour out in the mmo land.

In the land of Predators,the lion does not fear the jackals...

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

ok i just asked the mailman, and here are the basics:

its a story driven mmo centered around a french piano lesson in the previous century

it wil have permadeath,,not only for your character, the entire account will be wiped

there will be no pet battles,,only pet cleaning

i hope hes right,,id better get a piano, and learn how to use it

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Didn't the lead game designer of the game quit a few months back.   I think they said that they were having to take the game back to a different build because it was not going the way the Blizzard Execs expected it to go.  
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Blizzard is worth more money with the prospect of having a game on the market, than it is worth if people actually realize what it is they are making.  In other words, the anticipation far exceeds the actual event.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• papaz1papaz1 Member Posts: 27

On the site TitanFocus which I follow there was a good article today about a leak that Titan is actually a spin-off of an existing Blizzard IP. 

Also that they are working on a next gen xbox version.

Here is the article:

http://titanfocus.info/_/news/titan-is-not-entirely-a-brand-new-ip-and-is-also-coming-on-xbox-more-rumor-r60

What do you guys think?

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654

If I had owed a gaming company like Blizzard, I wouldn't say a peep either.

1. They don't have to. People are going to buy it anyways.

2. There would be less whining about not telling anyone anything, than there would be by showing the world and listening to all the complaints that they don't offer what little Johny wants.

I hope they keep their mouths shut and drop a final product without any public betas. Again, they don't have to have public betas (aka free trials), millions will buy it anyways.

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346

- waiting for another two MMO launches so they have a bevy of ideas to steal

- fighting to convince the suits to greenlight F2P/B2p instead of the sub model

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Originally posted by simplius

theyre still making a decent earning on wow, so they still have time to polish the game

and perhaps they can get some new "inspiration" from competiton too in the process

i would be surprised , if titan didnt have a variant of swtors companion system

( i always felt, that companions was a variant of hunters pet/bridge officer system)

competition is much harder now,,every man and his dog is running an mmo these days

IMO , the battle will be between GW2 and titan for the big casual market

so many games,,so little time

When you say "inspiration", do you mean copying others? Is that good? Or should they do something new and different? Becuase if all they are doing is copying another game, why would I leave the original which I invested my time in already?

Also, I haven't read anything that shows GW2 being as popular as fans loosely claim. Seems to have lost momentum from the many forum posts.

No, I haven't seen any numbers of concurrent players in GW2, if it was high, the company wouldn't stop bragging. And since this is the case, I have been watching twitch and xfire live streams for awhile and I found that there isn't many live streams at all compared to many other games and those live streams show very empty worlds. I barely ever saw other players on the same screen as the people streaming on those sites.

So I guess, I will challenge your claim that Titan will be in any competition with GW2. I just don't see it. Literally. But feel free to link an official statement on concurrent players in GW2, I'd really like to know. I never had interest in this game until maybe a month ago. I did the research and the results made me pass on GW2.

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626
    Originally posted by papaz1

On the site TitanFocus which I follow there was a good article today about a leak that Titan is actually a spin-off of an existing Blizzard IP. 

Also that they are working on a next gen xbox version.

Here is the article:

http://titanfocus.info/_/news/titan-is-not-entirely-a-brand-new-ip-and-is-also-coming-on-xbox-more-rumor-r60

What do you guys think?

Well, that's probably baseless (read: fabrication), but... now that I think of it, I'd really like to see something like a World of Diablo from Blizzard. Just bring in some new thinking as well, but please leave the Diablo III antics like real money auction house out of it! :)

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I don't expect they'll say much since the game probably won't be released until 2014 or 2015.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

I would not be suprised if it has been restarted a couple times, like EQNext.  Blizzard probably has more pressure on them than anyone else, if they come out with a flop or mediocre game that is the same as everything else, they will get killed....Go from the success of WoW, to a game that has the subs of say Rift (Rift is not a failure, but sub wise it is no WoW).

They will have initial sales, even if it is horrible, people will chalk it up to haters and misinformation probably. 

I did not like WoW (played beta), but you cannot argue that it made a boat load of cash, so I would not be suprised if this mmo ships late, say 2015/2016, due to pressure to have a clear winner and something different.

I myself am done giving any standard themepark money, it's stale/shallow imo.  It's probably hybird/sandpark or whatever you want to call it or nothing for me.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

They're probably aware of the hype-trainwreck that other games turned into after holding off the release for years while the expectation mill turns on game forums.

I think Blizzard is going to throw the game out there a couple months before release and hype it like hell during that limited time. Giving consumers enough time to piss their pants in terms of wanting it, but not enough time so they're already tired of the game before playing it.

Blizzard is usually very good with this kinda thing (imo).

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626

If it's by Blizzard, if it has their usual high-caliber craftsmanship in art and sound, fluid animations, solid atmosphere, something other than quest-to-cap-and-raid-or-pvp-or-do-dailies routine, and if it does away with the exploitative antics of Diablo III... Well, it's going to be a smash hit, themepark or not.

The decline is really not about themepark design being passé. Themepark is OK, but the way it's being done right now has been worn down to an absolute dead-horse state. We need "the next level" themepark design, as we need the next level sandbox design.

The brilliant new themepark: If you build it, they will come. And they will come by the loads.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Two words

Blizz

Con

And that is why you see very little info on it.

This have been a good conversation

• DonVadimDonVadim Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Maybe because they don't have to try releasing anything until there are enough wow fanboys to milk.
  • LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    Originally posted by Rthuth434

- waiting for another two MMO launches so they have a bevy of ideas to steal

- fighting to convince the suits to greenlight F2P/B2p instead of the sub model

Agree with your first one.  It will most likely have a lot of voice overs and a limited number of abilities, now they are just waiting on a few more games to rip ideas from since they can't come up with any good ideas on their own.

• NeherunNeherun Member UncommonPosts: 280

Well, I cracked the code.

The supposed newest "insider's friend information" reveals Battle.net changes with subscriptions. Now, Blizzard has stated that the game will not compete with World of Warcraft. So they have basically taken the SOE's model. "Pay monthly fee, play all our monthly subbed games." This way, the game won't in anyway compete with World of Warcraft. The best part about it is, it would business strategy wise be the smartest move. (Any MMO vs. WoW is still considered a subsidiary product, therefore it would compete with it.)

• Dexter2010Dexter2010 Member UncommonPosts: 244
    Like I said elsewhere, Titan is beginning to sound like vapourware.