Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A few questions some of you may be able to answer

Hey all,

As of now there doesn't seem to be any stickies I can read on this forum and no FAQ on the Elder Scrolls Online site, so I decided to ask a few questions here. Some may not have answers yet but any help is appreciated.

1. Will this require a subscription? It seems that MMO's now are leaning heavily towards F2P with a cash shop. If they didn't come out that way (GW2) they made the switch (LOTRO) or are planning to (SWTOR).

2. Do we have any idea if this will follow in the steps of WoW and others like that, and to that I mean the basic quest grind to endgame that you commonly see in MMO's, or are the devs going to play around and try to incorporate new ideas? If so can I get an example or two?

3. Is anyone worried about bugs, since Bethesda has a stake in it? I've learned that it usually takes a couple weeks after a Bethesda game release before most of the bugs are fixed, and there seems to be a lot in comparison to other games. However, once the bugs were taken care of, Skyrim was damn good. Still playing it off and on.

4. How much will this be like Skyrim in gameplay? To that I mean will the decisions we make open up or close off areas and NPC's to us?

Just based on the website it seems we have a while to wait and that most if not all of these questions will go unanswered for now, but I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing anything.

Thanks!

Comments

• GreenishBlueGreenishBlue Member Posts: 263
    Originally posted by Zeppelin5083

Hey all,

As of now there doesn't seem to be any stickies I can read on this forum and no FAQ on the Elder Scrolls Online site, so I decided to ask a few questions here. Some may not have answers yet but any help is appreciated.

1. Will this require a subscription? It seems that MMO's now are leaning heavily towards F2P with a cash shop. If they didn't come out that way (GW2) they made the switch (LOTRO) or are planning to (SWTOR).

2. Do we have any idea if this will follow in the steps of WoW and others like that, and to that I mean the basic quest grind to endgame that you commonly see in MMO's, or are the devs going to play around and try to incorporate new ideas? If so can I get an example or two?

3. Is anyone worried about bugs, since Bethesda has a stake in it? I've learned that it usually takes a couple weeks after a Bethesda game release before most of the bugs are fixed, and there seems to be a lot in comparison to other games. However, once the bugs were taken care of, Skyrim was damn good. Still playing it off and on.

4. How much will this be like Skyrim in gameplay? To that I mean will the decisions we make open up or close off areas and NPC's to us?

Just based on the website it seems we have a while to wait and that most if not all of these questions will go unanswered for now, but I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing anything.

Thanks!

1. No official statement. But, many believe it will have a monthly sub.

2. WoW/GW2 hybrid. Game opens up at max level, per Bethesda (see latest official video)

3. Don't panic. Let's hope they don't pull a Skyrim bug fest ever ever again.

4. I think it's similar, not sure though.

On the latest video they said they will release more information soon. So let's hope for the best. Vampires and werewolves rejoice, we can shapeshift again for better or worse lol

• QallidexzQallidexz Member Posts: 253

Hey all,

Thanks!

1) Yes, there will almsot assuredly be a subscription, I won't go into all the quotes that basically confim this, but they're there.

2) No, it's not like WoW in any way except that it's a Fantasy MMORPG, other than that, it's totally unique, and there'll be much better and more unique questing done via exploring rather than relying on "quest hubs".

3) No, according to the people who've played it, the game is in pre-alpha, and already "feels" very polished, and like it's ready to ship, so no, I'm not worried about bugs, and Bethesda doesn't have their hands in it other than in the Lore.

4) From what we've heard, and plays and FEELS very much like Skyrim... The people who played it couldn't stop talking about how "it feels like an Elder Scrolls game", and how they "forgot they weren't playing Skyrim". For more info on that, I recommend you check out the last 3 podcasts of Elder Scrolls Off The Record... Special-44.

Edit: LONG LIVE THE LANNISTERS!!!

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583

1. No idea, nothing has been confirmed and it could go either way tbh, all depends on how much the game cost to make and how much money they can make from f2p/sub/freemium/b2p

2. Well not sure about the quest system, in the vid there were no "?" or "!" above npc heads, so thats a good sign and it looked to me that rather than big things above npc heads they are just icons on the map itself (much like the icons on the compass in the tes single player games). They have said the game "really opens up" at cap, with raids, hgeroic dungeons and something called adventure zones, which seem to scale up depending on if you solo, group or raid them

3. There will be bugs, not because of bethesda (they arent making the game themsleves) but because its an mmo and mmo's always have bugs at launch, the question is how bad will the bugs be and i'm hopefull that theyre not too bad

4. Well the combat system sounds like its Oblivion plus a hotbar (right click attack, hold down for power, right click block, hold right and left click to interupt), from the various hands on its confirmed that near the start you get to chose between protecting a village or helping the military and which side you chose meens the others get wiped out and those you save will apear later in the game, so your choiced do matter, which is good but it will be handled using phasing which i'm not as keen on (tho personally I dont mind it as much as others do)

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Al right, I'm gona give this a shot seeing as i've been doing quite alot of research lately on TESO

So their has been no official statement. Anyone saying otherwise is Guessing
    On speculation, Devs have said there will be a premium service. interprate that how you will.

In short it will be Quest > Level cap > Dungeon | Hard Mode | Raid | Difficult area.

So yes in that regard, Although they are choosing a more free form quest system which encourages exploration.

There will always be bugs in software. I guarantee you TESO will have at least one at launch.

I can tell you this, The world is closed off only to your faction. you cannot enter the Provence of another faction except in pvp via cyr.

They did speak of opening up different content at level cap tho. How they implement that remains to be seen.

Imo i think most of their systems are still up in the air due to customer backlash or the demographics change since TESO's inception. Im betting we will see major and minor changes in the months to come.

If you don't agree or believe anything i've said i will post links to recent official news.
    http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/media/videos/411
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gameon.cfm
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/821/feature/6855
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/821/feature/6846
    http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1415616-confirmed-faction-members-will-be-restricted-to-their-own-factions-provinces-part-2/

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• QallidexzQallidexz Member Posts: 253
    Originally posted by Nitth

Al right, I'm gona give this a shot seeing as i've been doing quite alot of research lately on TESO

So their has been no official statement. Anyone saying otherwise is Guessing
    On speculation, Devs have said there will be a premium service. interprate that how you will.

In short it will be Quest > Level cap > Dungeon | Hard Mode | Raid | Difficult area.

So yes in that regard, Although they are choosing a more free form quest system which encourages exploration.

There will always be bugs in software. I guarantee you TESO will have at least one at launch.

I can tell you this, The world is closed off only to your faction. you cannot enter the Provence of another faction except in pvp via cyr.

They did speak of opening up different content at level cap tho. How they implement that remains to be seen.

Imo i think most of their systems are still up in the air due to customer backlash or the demographics change since TESO's inception. Im betting we will see major and minor changes in the months to come.

If you don't agree or believe anything i've said i will post links to recent official news.
    http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/media/videos/411
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gameon.cfm
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/821/feature/6855
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/821/feature/6846
    http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1415616-confirmed-faction-members-will-be-restricted-to-their-own-factions-provinces-part-2/

Re-read my answer to his first question...

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Three thing i am 90% sure wont change is the factions system and the PVP system and the mega server system. All three of these system are interwined and are the core of the  whole games system.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

As for number 4, it's alot like Skyrim.  As for Factions, it plays alot like DAoC.  Each faction has thier own homeland, which I don't think will be invadable or anything, with a huge main area where people will battle it out with no-holds-barred brutality :)  The more I hear about this game, the more I like it.  It took my favorite MMO and mixed it with my favorite RPG, maybe it'll be my favorite MMORPG :)

Who knows why it took game developers this long to figure out the pvp formula that everyone loves...DAoC did it over a decade ago hehe.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Qallidexz
    Re-read my answer to his first question...
    And?

Whos to say there isnt Fremium and a premium models in conjunction?
    Its speculation.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development