Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dragons are overdone. What unique creatures would you use as the "main villain"?

Comments

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

A giant sentient malevolent city: 

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• MelachisMelachis Member UncommonPosts: 2
     Mother-in-law
  • KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217

what if there were no more villains or bosses. what if the goal of the game was just a cooperative mission to better humanity to explore, expand knowledge build better worlds, eradicate disease and poverty. Imagine...

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• gambe1gambe1 Member UncommonPosts: 123
    Cats
  • dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

As much as I LOVED the FFXIV ending cinematic, I would also love to see them incorporate something like the Atma Weapon from FFVI lore.

From http://zharth.tenjou.net/ffvi/chars.htm:

Atma Weapon
    "1000 years ago, during the War of the Magi, 2 so-called Atma Weapons existed. One changed a person's power into a sword, the other was a monster, bred for mass destruction."
    -Scholar of Weapons

"My name is Atma... ...
    I am pure energy...
    and as ancient as the cosmos.
    Feeble creatures, DIE!" -AtmaWeapon

"I'm Atma... ...
    Left here since birth...
    Forgotten in the river of time...
    I've had an eternity to
    ponder the meaning of things...
    And now I have an answer..." -Atma

<3

• dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271
    Originally posted by Kenze

what if there were no more villains or bosses. what if the goal of the game was just a cooperative mission to better humanity to explore, expand knowledge build better worlds, eradicate disease and poverty. Imagine...

Good luck selling that game.

People crave conflict & bloodshed, it's what we are. We can rise above it due to the power of reason, but can never shake it completely.

Besides, your idea usually sounds good in theory, but turns out to be mindnumbingly boring in practice.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    How about jellyfish? They come in different sizes and are the source of evil in this planet.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217

Originally posted by dimnikar
    Originally posted by Kenze what if there were no more villains or bosses. what if the goal of the game was just a cooperative mission to better humanity to explore, expand knowledge build better worlds, eradicate disease and poverty. Imagine...
    Good luck selling that game.

People crave conflict & bloodshed, it's what we are. We can rise above it due to the power of reason, but can never shake it completely.

Besides, your idea usually sounds good in theory, but turns out to be mindnumbingly boring in practice.

fine then..how about REPUBLICANS

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    Elements of nature
  • VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
    Potato salad!

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

another great thing about Asherons Call, they made up their own lore and bad guys. they didnt just copy trolls, elves and dwarfs from everybody else.

instead we had Olthoi, shadows, tuskers, and so on....

oh and dont forget the mites, damn that sound they made when they beat your head in.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by teotius
    Car tires.

Cool, I'm not the only person that watched Rubber.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• Valgar1Valgar1 Member UncommonPosts: 324
    Drunk Unicorns.  Mean and nasty drunk unicorns.

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415
    Originally posted by PyrateLV
    ManBearPig

You just won the thread.

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415
    Originally posted by dreamscaper

As much as I LOVED the FFXIV ending cinematic, I would also love to see them incorporate something like the Atma Weapon from FFVI lore.

From http://zharth.tenjou.net/ffvi/chars.htm:

Atma Weapon
    "1000 years ago, during the War of the Magi, 2 so-called Atma Weapons existed. One changed a person's power into a sword, the other was a monster, bred for mass destruction."
    -Scholar of Weapons

"My name is Atma... ...
    I am pure energy...
    and as ancient as the cosmos.
    Feeble creatures, DIE!" -AtmaWeapon

"I'm Atma... ...
    Left here since birth...
    Forgotten in the river of time...
    I've had an eternity to
    ponder the meaning of things...
    And now I have an answer..." -Atma

Nice, this i the kind off stuff i'm refering to.

I'd also like bird type creatures, like a Phoenix to make a more important role.

• Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    Originally posted by gambe1
    Cats

i hate cats...they are so damn indifferent

• GadarethGadareth Member UncommonPosts: 310

Rabbits the most dastardly and evil of all creatures. They lull you into a false sense of secuirty and them BAM they  going for the throat.

Only known weakness is the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.

• TofkeTofke Member UncommonPosts: 342

Dolphins!

They could be the evil masterminds of the universe and you wouldn't even understand em!

HA!

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869

After dragons all thats left for main bosses are gods. Just make up some or use ones that are already made up. But you want end bosses and dont want it to be a dragon? Gods are all thats left.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    TAYLOR LAUTNER AND ROBERT PATTINSON

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Originally posted by tofke

Dolphins!

They could be the evil masterminds of the universe and you wouldn't even understand em!

HA!

Would they be ill tempered and have laser beams attached to there freakin heads?

• Arcondo87Arcondo87 Member Posts: 94
    i too am sick of seeing dragons in ever y single mmo as UNBER LEET bosses...WE WANT SUMTHING DIFFRENT!
  • TofkeTofke Member UncommonPosts: 342
    Originally posted by xAPOCx
    Originally posted by tofke

Dolphins!

HA!

Would they be ill tempered and have laser beams attached to there freakin heads?

Mm lasers makes em even more terifying!! Like dinosaurs with lasers and saddles! :o We're onto something! Let's create a new IP! To the SOE mobile!

• OriousOrious Member UncommonPosts: 548
    If I were to make a story that includes villains and the like (which I am editting my book right now (:  ), I would make something that is both familiar, but something that's never been seen before. Something like a conglomerate of different creatures into one being with interesting lore to back up why it's that way. People would be familiar with portions of the villain or creature, but the combined effect should induce emotion or prove to the player that what they are looking at is a villain and not jus tsomething with pieces of other things glued on loosely.