Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New dungeon will give us stronger armour

Comments

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by M1sf1t

Well you might as well be playing WOW or RIFT or any other theme park mmo if this is the route they are going with gear. Seriously at then you know what your getting into and their dungeons are 100000% more balanced and fun then the dung heap of dungeons we have in GW2.

I guess you never did the dung heap dungeons in Rift - they are all gimick ones - run left, run right - DPS, kill adds, etc - so dumb. ANd to get to the next Dungeon, you have to be geared up from the dungeon you are currently on.

• M1sf1tM1sf1t Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Originally posted by botrytis

Originally posted by M1sf1t Well you might as well be playing WOW or RIFT or any other theme park mmo if this is the route they are going with gear. Seriously at then you know what your getting into and their dungeons are 100000% more balanced and fun then the dung heap of dungeons we have in GW2.
    I guess you never did the dung heap dungeons in Rift - they are all gimick ones - run left, run right - DPS, kill adds, etc - so dumb. ANd to get to the next Dungeon, you have to be geared up from the dungeon you are currently on.

And those dungeons are still better then the graveyard zerging that happens in GW2 because the bosses and mobs are so horribly balanced that players have no choice but to graveyard zerg, exploit buggy content and/or by-pass it altogether.

Games I've played/tried out:WAR, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, AoC, EQ1, EQ2, WoW, Vangaurd, FFXI, D&DO, Lineage 2, Saga Of Ryzom, EvE Online, DAoC, Guild Wars,Star Wars Galaxies, Hell Gate London, Auto Assault, Grando Espada ( AKA SoTNW ), Archlord, CoV/H, Star Trek Online, APB, Champions Online, FFXIV, Rift Online, GW2.

Game(s) I Am Currently Playing:

GW2 (+LoL and BF3)

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836
  • LadyAraushneeLadyAraushnee Member Posts: 20

I'm thinking the article is being misunderstood. If you played GW1, you would know how infusion armor works. You got your armor infused during a mission and all it did was allow you to fight a new enemy. There wasn't any stat change.

You can read about that here: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Infusion

"Ascended items will also feature a new Infusion slot that will make players even more powerful so that they can tackle new challenges that ArenaNet plans to throw at them as they continue to expand on the dungeon over the coming months and years."

Also note that the statement doesn't say anything about ascended armor affecting anything outside of this one dungeon. My guess is this armor will be used for this dungeon, and provide no other benifit outside of the dungeon. I could be wrong of course. They also updated the info on the GW2 site. There is an image that infers the ascended piece is for the back.

However, they are putting in new weapon skins in the chest again....

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/november-2012/

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by LadyAraushnee

I'm thinking the article is being misunderstood. If you played GW1, you would know how infusion armor works. You got your armor infused during a mission and all it did was allow you to fight a new enemy. There wasn't any stat change.

You can read about that here: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Infusion

"Ascended items will also feature a new Infusion slot that will make players even more powerful so that they can tackle new challenges that ArenaNet plans to throw at them as they continue to expand on the dungeon over the coming months and years."

Also note that the statement doesn't say anything about ascended armor affecting anything outside of this one dungeon. My guess is this armor will be used for this dungeon, and provide no other benifit outside of the dungeon. I could be wrong of course. They also updated the info on the GW2 site. There is an image that infers the ascended piece is for the back.

However, they are putting in new weapon skins in the chest again....

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/november-2012/

fallacy of ommision you intentionally left out "The patch will introduce ascended items. Ascended armors are "slightly more powerful than exotics" 

edit- I support this move.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

Originally posted by M1sf1t Well you might as well be playing WOW or RIFT or any other theme park mmo if this is the route they are going with gear. Seriously at then you know what your getting into and their dungeons are 100000% more balanced and fun then the dung heap of dungeons we have in GW2.

And those dungeons are still better then the graveyard zerging that happens in GW2 because the bosses and mobs are so horribly balanced that players have no choice but to graveyard zerg, exploit buggy content and/or by-pass it altogether.

If you do graveyard zerging in GW2 that is your problem.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• M1sf1tM1sf1t Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter

No it's their problem.

Their dungeon content is horrible. Its bugged beyond compare in many instances and bosses along with dungeon mobs in many instances are horribly balanced to prolong the entire ordeal of running a dungeon.

Games I've played/tried out:WAR, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, AoC, EQ1, EQ2, WoW, Vangaurd, FFXI, D&DO, Lineage 2, Saga Of Ryzom, EvE Online, DAoC, Guild Wars,Star Wars Galaxies, Hell Gate London, Auto Assault, Grando Espada ( AKA SoTNW ), Archlord, CoV/H, Star Trek Online, APB, Champions Online, FFXIV, Rift Online, GW2.

Game(s) I Am Currently Playing:

GW2 (+LoL and BF3)

No it's their problem.

Their dungeon content is horrible. Its bugged beyond compare in many instances and bosses along with dungeon mobs in many instances are horribly balanced to prolong the entire ordeal of running a dungeon.

Maybe we can get a aggro utility ability for warriors and gaurdians next patch.

No it's their problem.

Considering it is possible to duo and trio some of the dungeons without exploiting bugs and full teams can finish dungeons without graveyard rezing (wipe) it is the players that die all the time problem.

If you need to graveyard rezzing, it is your problem.

Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Serelisk
    /thread

I love it when devs use social media to be make passive aggressive remarks about their customers. Stay classy anet

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by killion81
    Does that mean that this new addition is endgame and that the whole rest of the game isn't endgame?  I seem to remember "the whole game is endgame" being thrown around quite a bit.

Who knows. GW2 still hasn't figured out what it wants to be when it grows up. Maybe in time we'll find out.

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595

This thread is tops!  One press release, people freak out.  Then the even keeled people come in and exhibit evidence of the company's prior uses of this very game mechanic.  The freak outs ignore those posts and continue to freak out.  Then comes the slew of posts from people who read the OP and nothing else.   Throw in some people who post to merely continue the tone of the thread.

In the end once this comes out people will see that "Ascended" armor is armor with specific attributes for this brief content window.  Then we just have to wait for the next event for the next round of overreaction. 

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632
    /thread

Thank you Serelisk........Too bad this will be ignored because people would rather sit and predict doomsday.

Once again you all don't fail to fly off the handle and start making a bunch of assumptions based off a half assed amount of information.  I think a lot of you should start watching soap operas and stop posting to forums.   This used to be a sub forum that was filled with good info/conversations.  I come here less and less everytime i read shit like this.

Originally posted by Foomerang

/thread

I love it when devs use social media to be make passive aggressive remarks about their customers. Stay classy anet

-shrug- MK's made posts like that before and Anet apparently hasn't advised him against doing so... 

Odd way for community manager to approach it, but whatever. It does sound a lot more sincere than taking an apologetic tone because he actually seems annoyed enough to do that. I guess that's how I'm gonna rationalize that anyway.  

/thread

-shrug- MK's made posts like that before and Anet apparently hasn't advised him against doing so... 

Odd way for community manager to approach it, but whatever. It does sound a lot more sincere than taking an apologetic tone because he actually seems annoyed enough to do that. I guess that's how I'm gonna rationalize that anyway.  

It is his private twitter.

Originally posted by grimgryphon
    Originally posted by killion81
    Does that mean that this new addition is endgame and that the whole rest of the game isn't endgame?  I seem to remember "the whole game is endgame" being thrown around quite a bit.

Who knows. GW2 still hasn't figured out what it wants to be when it grows up. Maybe in time we'll find out.

Hey grim, good to see you!

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Wow, I'm 17 pages behind, since this morning.

Not really worth catching up, ahm thinkin'.  Back to my grawl hunt.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• rungardrungard Member Posts: 1,035
    This is not a huge deal. Its not like you have to raid for it. Anyone could go get a few friends and get this.

/thread

Yeah, it says that right on the page so I wasn't gonna fault him for it. But idk, "private" statements that are clearly visible to the public anyway still have a tendency toc ause bad PR. Something I'd imagine the head of community in ArenaNet would be atleast mildly cautious of. 

Originally posted by Serelisk Originally posted by Foomerang   Originally posted by Serelisk /thread
    -shrug- MK's made posts like that before and Anet apparently hasn't advised him against doing so...  Odd way for community manager to approach it, but whatever. It does sound a lot more sincere than taking an apologetic tone because he actually seems annoyed enough to do that. I guess that's how I'm gonna rationalize that anyway.  

Private Twitter? Lol thats an oxymoron
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    I just finsihed getting all exotic weapons, armor, and making all exotic jewels on my thief so I'm stacked. tbh I'm not upset, gives me something else work towards. I was wondering when they were gonna add more progression. Whatever, most MMOs have done this.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Originally posted by Serelisk /thread
    -shrug- MK's made posts like that before and Anet apparently hasn't advised him against doing so...  Odd way for community manager to approach it, but whatever. It does sound a lot more sincere than taking an apologetic tone because he actually seems annoyed enough to do that. I guess that's how I'm gonna rationalize that anyway.  

He isn't talking in a Arenanet official channel so whatever he says is irrelevant and should not be taken any more seriously than a random dude.

Originally posted by Foomerang   Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter Originally posted by Serelisk Originally posted by Foomerang   Originally posted by Serelisk /thread
    He isn't talking in a Arenanet official channel so whatever he says is irrelevant.

Hehe sure buddy :)
  • SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397
    All I can say is I couldn't care less for a armor set that have better stats than exotics because I know Anet aren't dumb and they won't release a set that will make people go EZ mode on the ones that only have exotics. The difference in stats between both armor will be so low that it won't make a difference, the bad player will still loose to the better player even if the bad player have the new armor set. Most people here don't seem to have a clue between gear grind in GW2 compared to other themepark MMO's.

Originally posted by Serelisk /thread
    He isn't talking in a Arenanet official channel so whatever he says is irrelevant.
    Hehe sure buddy :)

If you prefer personal twitter instead of private life twitter be my guest.

Arenanet as a company isn't liable for whatever their employees say in their personal/private life, so I wouldn't be surprised whatever he says is the exact opposite of reality.