Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New dungeon will give us stronger armour

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

holy S%*@ Official forums [MEGA THREAD]

800 post 14k views already.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by bcbully

Yeah they are getting ripped a new ahole. Something similar happened with the Black Lion Chests during Halloween. However, this is esclating faster. 

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,897

The idea of doing dungeons just for cosmetic gear sounded OK to me.  But once I played the game, I realized that the dungeons weren't fun enough (for me) just to get better looking gear.  Apparently a lot of people felt similarly.  If I'm going to grind dungeons for gear, it should at least be an improvement over what I already have.

I applaud them for trying something different and being willing to make adjustments based on feedback.  It will probably be a pain to get runs for the old dungeons though, if you want the look of that armor.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,897
    Originally posted by Pouf

wow i'm Really and kinda pissed at the same time , I am not playing anymore but I got my full flamearmor set before leaving KNOWING that they said that end game gear will be best for a lot of time because progression will be horizontal.

Now I know that all the time I "wasted" doing cathedral of flame again and again to grind a set was "useless" since if I relog in 6 months my gear will probably be outdated by a lot.. Wow..

So this game really is like the other ones..

Meh.

It's not useless if you like the look of that gear and want to transfer it to gear with improved stats, assuming they still allow that with ascended gear.

Originally posted by Jyiiga

Yeah they are getting ripped a new ahole. Something similar happened with the Black Lion Chests during Halloween. However, this is esclating faster. 

The best part about it is the community is split right down the middle. 

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by Foomerang

I dont think the addition of a new tier of gear by itself is the issue. I just think that for some, this is the final straw in a list of letdowns.Lets be honest for a moment, the gw2 that we have in front of us is not quite like the one anet told us about. From an outsiders view, i dont think its a big deal especially since crafting will most likely stay up to date with the new tiers added. But some people seem disillusioned and i cant really blame them.

It started with dynamic events being redundant and farmable, then rng cash shop items, and now content patches that add more powerful gear. Its really hard to look past these as anet claimed a changing dynamic world that players could permanently affect, bashed sub fees saying it was basically ripping off customers, and shunning carrot on a stick tactics claiming that "fun" was all you needed.

For Some and at the end of the day it's a video game, hope to God no one thought otherwise.

Context

Light Blue and the fact of all the previous things stated, however won't fully know till Friday(I'm assuming)

Story Mode from Manifesto

That's subjective because to [me] it does lmao.

So it's really subjective, from what I see it comes from both sides, I really can't blame either side :( 

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

And thus GW2 joins the 'gear grind' like every other MMO.

Thought GW2 was advertised to not have 'traditional themepark MMO endgame'?

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    This all seems a little premature.  It's not like we're at the point where we can change their direction, so might as well wait the few days and see what the deal really is, before getting all worked up over it.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by botrytis

Originally posted by deakon

Originally posted by bcbully Gg. Let the "gear grind" begin muhahahhh lmao.
    Its better to have gear to grind for than just having the grind   Now if they could just add some progression to leveling beyond 40 the game might actually manage to keep my interest beyond a couple of hours a month (if that)
    Sorry - now GW2 is just like EVERY other game out there. They caved to the hardcore whiners and not worrying about the casual player. That is sad.

It's not even that, Its logical sense in an rpg to have continual character progression.

Striving for statistical parity is nonsense in a rpg, May as well play a shooter.

The problem is that if you use ANet's original philosophy, these dungeons wouldn't be the only way to get these new armors and weapons.  So, they are essentially taking on the raid or die mantle if you want top gear.

It's not only ironic, but a definite shift in their design philosophy.

I wonder what ilevel Ascended gear is.
  • Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Gg. Let the "gear grind" begin muhahahhh lmao.

LOL yup - the holy grail game where there is no gear grind....  Looks like they see how short sighted they were.....

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I like the idea of a randomly generated dungeon in the vein of Torchlight.

What I think they really need though is.
    1 names on in pvp, such a small change that will boost pvp rivalry and longevity a lot.
    2 random invasion events, that trigger a server wide alarm. Like tabular rasa / rift but ramped up more with consequences for failure. E.g. one of the dragons sends their army to attack rata sum, if you don't fend them off its inaccessible for a week, or until players clear them out
    3 some sort of reward / goal for consistent territory holding in WvW. Ideally some sort if darkness falls set up (which TESO is doing)
    4 ways to earn cash in WvW so you're not forced into pve to pay for it.
    5 guild housing, with a group crafting system to support it. Team based crafting would be a cool new feature.
    6 competative pve leaderboards with titles. Whoever does the fastest run of a dungeon gets unique title and cosmetic gear associated with it. If someone else does it faster they get the title instead.
    7 likewise with people with the top spvp rankings, unique cosmetic gear and titles you can wear in pve and WvW.
    Originally posted by Deerhunter71

LOL yup - the holy grail game where there is no gear grind....  Looks like they see how short sighted they were.....

I'm getting interested again. Let's see if we can get a damage meter in the next patch. 

• stealthbrstealthbr Member UncommonPosts: 1,054
    ROFL! I knew this would happen
  • clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463
    Lmao man I need a huge bag of popcorn for this wonderfull S-storm. I played GW1 for 7 year's with no problem because gear had very little effect imo, it was what skill's you had on your hotbar. And with over 400 skill's per class, there was alot of creativity to be had. Imo A-net's little french poodle isn't walking so strait with the release of GW2.
  • nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501
     And so it begins, so much for just vanity items at endgame and no gear treadmill lol....
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,384

Lol sound like Anet want GW2 to be more like Rift. Lol.

notice all this stuff they doing around Rift's new Expansion release date. And Ascendant armor? Come on... Lol. Good job Trion. Hopefully Trion can take WvW idea like in GW2, and GW2 can take Zone Invasions and Raid dungeons like in Rift.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

notice all this stuff they doing around Rift's new Expansion release date. And Ascendant armor? Come on... Lol. Good job Trion. Hopefully Trion can take WvW idea like in GW2, and GW2 can take Zone Invasions and Raid dungeons like in Rift.

Problem for ArenaNet is there are other MMO that do the treadmill item grind better.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

I'm getting interested again. Let's see if we can get a damage meter in the next patch. 

Who needs a DPS meter - only those who epeen - look I DPS much better than you. Just remember, there is no healer besides you in this game.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Even if rift put in "wvw" it wouldn't be very good as rifts combat system is just not good for pvp - macroed to hell and back, no collision detection so you get all the fig 8ing numbnuts or you get a who can step inside and aoe duel.
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

Rift more like GW1, you mean. Ascended armor was in GW1 (called Infused armor - you still took damge from the Mursaat just way lower) and it was out WAY before Rift.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Its amaizing how much people look into what they want to see instead of what is actually there.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by RizelStar
    Originally posted by Foomerang I dont think the addition of a new tier of gear by itself is the issue. I just think that for some, this is the final straw in a list of letdowns.Lets be honest for a moment, the gw2 that we have in front of us is not quite like the one anet told us about. From an outsiders view, i dont think its a big deal especially since crafting will most likely stay up to date with the new tiers added. But some people seem disillusioned and i cant really blame them. It started with dynamic events being redundant and farmable, then rng cash shop items, and now content patches that add more powerful gear. Its really hard to look past these as anet claimed a changing dynamic world that players could permanently affect, bashed sub fees saying it was basically ripping off customers, and shunning carrot on a stick tactics claiming that "fun" was all you needed.  
    For Some and at the end of the day it's a video game, hope to God no one thought otherwise.

Context

Light Blue and the fact of all the previous things stated, however won't fully know till Friday(I'm assuming)

Story Mode from Manifesto

That's subjective because to [me] it does lmao.

So it's really subjective, from what I see it comes from both sides, I really can't blame either side :( 

I agree. Im just trying to see this from other peoples pov :)
  • fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Originally posted by botrytis

Who needs a DPS meter - only those who epeen - look I DPS much better than you. Just remember, there is no healer besides you in this game.

I do, so I can know who the bads are. hahah j/k, j/k

What's your gear score?

Next patch cross-server automatic auto-teleport LFG, holy trinity and raids :E

• M1sf1tM1sf1t Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Well you might as well be playing WOW or RIFT or any other theme park mmo if this is the route they are going with gear. At least then you know what your getting into and their dungeons are 100000% more balanced and fun then the dung heap of dungeons we have in GW2.

In addition I'd much rather have the classical roles of the "holy trinty" given to us in theme park games rather then the half assed roles given to us in GW2 which are vague and meaningless. Also at least in Rift and WoW I can also switch specs on the fly rather then having to visit a trainer to redo my trait points.

Games I've played/tried out:WAR, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, AoC, EQ1, EQ2, WoW, Vangaurd, FFXI, D&DO, Lineage 2, Saga Of Ryzom, EvE Online, DAoC, Guild Wars,Star Wars Galaxies, Hell Gate London, Auto Assault, Grando Espada ( AKA SoTNW ), Archlord, CoV/H, Star Trek Online, APB, Champions Online, FFXIV, Rift Online, GW2.

Game(s) I Am Currently Playing:

GW2 (+LoL and BF3)