Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 MMORPG bi polar disorder

cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

I swear this game has caused a new type of MMO bipolar disorder. After weeks of seeing people cry, whine, and complain of the game lacking any since of achievement once you get to the top, or not having enough of a carrot on a stick, or no way to advance your character once you hit level 80 and so on and so on. We now have Anet offering ways to advvance new items to achieve and placing new carrots on a stick, and we have those same people crying, whining and complaining yet again.this time with argument ts like I will be behind  others if  I decide to come back (and that's a bad thing). Or so much for only having horizontal progression (thought you wanted that carrot). Or the PVPers complaining that all the work should be going to them (why should they only cater to 1 crowd?)

I applaud Anet for attempting to fix issues that have been staring them in the face. I dont consider myself a fanboy by any means I am still trying to decide if I like certain aspects of the game myself. But all bi polar haters here are pathetic.

Comments

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    it's 2 different groups of people complaining.  those that want carrots and those that don't.   i think only a small portion of them of them complain about everything.
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by cybertrucker
    I swear this game has caused a new type of MMO bipolar disorder. After weeks of seeing people cry, whine, and complain of the game lacking any since of achievement once you get to the top, not having enough of. Carrot on a stick, no way to advance your character once you hit level 80 and so on and so on. We now have Anet offering ways to advvance new items to achieve and placing new carrots on a stick, and we have those same people crying, whining and complaining yet again.this time with argument ts like I will be behind  others if  I decide to come back (and that's a bad thing). Or so much for only having horizontal progression (thought you wanted that carrot). Or the PVPers complaining that all the work should be going to them (why should they only cater to 1 crowd?)

I applaud Anet for attempting to fix issues that have been staring them in the face. I dont consider myself a fanboy by any means I am still trying to decide if I like certain aspects of the game myself. But all bi polar haters here are pathetic.

Its news. people discuss it. - Theres nothing wrong with that and for the most part people have been civil.

Personally I never had any issue with their "end game" rational. Issues on other fronts however..

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988

Infusion is not vertical progression, but I agree most "gamers" here have tripolar disorders, multiple disorders even ;)

"The lunatics are in the grass"

• dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271
    Originally posted by muffins89
    it's 2 different groups of people complaining.  those that want carrots and those that don't.   i think only a small portion of them of them complain about everything.

This.

Going in the right direction for me. If they add world pvp and drop this gear equality carebear bullcrap in sPVP, I'd buy this game.

I'm guessing they did the same math.

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    I am actually glad they are adding another tier of armor. And i hope they keep adding more as time goes by. It is a very good move by Anet and this will surely bring me back. I haven't been playing GW2 that much lately.
  • ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722
    Originally posted by Whitebeards
    I am actually glad they are adding another tier of armor. And i hope they keep adding more as time goes by. It is a very good move by Anet and this will surely bring me back. I haven't been playing GW2 that much lately.

Yes gaining 1 player for every 100 they will lose over this seems like a very good move. 

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by dimnikar

This.

Going in the right direction for me. If they add world pvp and drop this gear equality carebear bullcrap in sPVP, I'd buy this game.

I would wait until the change goes live and you can read some feedback.  It may be possible, but I think you're going to be disappointed and so would recommend you don't spend any money until you know for sure.  Some people that are looking for an "I told you so moment" blow every little thing out of proportion.

If you're looking for standard vertical progression I don't think you will find it and this change isn't likely to deliver it.

"The patch will introduce ascended items. Ascended armors are "slightly more powerful than exotics" and can, in some cases, hold slots for infusions. Infusions will allow you to increase your character's power. "

Exactly, you get double verticle progression in GW2! You can grin eeer get more powerful Ascended gear W/O infusion slots or more powerful acended gear with infusion slots! Vertical Progression Inception image

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Originally posted by Connmacart
    Originally posted by Whitebeards

Yes gaining 1 player for every 100 they will lose over this seems like a very good move. 

Exaggeration are never good for discussion. I am sure they did their homework before making these changes.

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973
    It's not the same exact people.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905

We now have Anet offering ways to advvance new items to achieve and placing new carrots on a stick

What are you referring to here?  If you are referring to the upcoming dungeon, that doesn't address character progression concerns as far as I can tell.  But we won't know until we see the rewards.

I quit because I discovered I need a real carrot to chase.  I never complained about it when I stopped playing.  Although I'm sure many people saw any dislike of the design of endgame as whining/hating.  They can make the game any way they want.  That doesn't mean people that got bored can't hope for something different.  And that doesn't mean that people who love the way endgame is designed can't want it to remain the same.  It's a difference of taste and opinions, not whining/complaining.

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    Ya it is a lot of the same people , go back a d look at some their previous archived whines and gripes.
    Originally posted by dimnikar

This.

Tiered PVP gear is asinine.  It's like playing a FPS where you have a pistol and your opponent has a rocket launcher.

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

We now have Anet offering ways to advvance new items to achieve and placing new carrots on a stick

What are you referring to here?  If you are referring to the upcoming dungeon, that doesn't address character progression concerns as far as I can tell.  But we won't know until we see the rewards.

Sometimes reading the whole thread can answer your questions.

Originally posted by Aviggin

A well written OP that actually links to the changes can prevent any questions on exactly what they are referring to.

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308

A well written OP that actually links to the changes can prevent any questions on exactly what they are referring to.

Hey man, whatever makes you think you're not lazy.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Hey man, whatever makes you think you're not lazy.

Does anything, ever, while we're occupying computer chairs and typing away?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

This discussion has been closed.