Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New dungeon will give us stronger armour

Comments

• PoufPouf Member Posts: 341
    Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by Pouf
    wow i'm Really and kinda pissed at the same time , I am not playing anymore but I got my full flamearmor set before leaving KNOWING that they said that end game gear will be best for a lot of time because progression will be horizontal.

Now I know that all the time I "wasted" doing cathedral of flame again and again to grind a set was "useless" since if I relog in 6 months my gear will probably be outdated by a lot.. Wow..

So this game really is like the other ones..

Meh.

Still use the skin?

Actually I rarely care about my look in a game, I just though if they release a RAID or some other big event i could try with best gear out, now I know I will need to gear myself again

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

Actually I rarely care about my look in a game, I just though if they release a RAID or some other big event i could try with best gear out, now I know I will need to gear myself again

Ah ok, Thought that you might of got some relief in the fact it could be used for vanity.

It may sound strange, But if my character can wear whatever i set, it takes the load off when "chasing the carrot" in other games.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    Originally posted by Whitebeards
    Originally posted by InFlamestwo

There are already three tiers of armor in GW2 this is tier 4.

Looks like end game is shaping up to go vertical ;)

So now everyone will need to grind these dungeons to get top tier armor. lol!!

You don't have to grind for the gear.

You don't have to grind gear in any MMO. And yet GW2 fans make it sound that dungeon grind is compulsory in other MMOS.

Sorry but i am enjoying the sweet irony here. Do not disturb ;)

If you want to raid in other games you have to "grind" dungeons or craft better gear. Games like WoW are made so that you need better gear to progress. WoW has like 18 tiers of endgame gear. Rift have alot aswell.

In GW2 you can do any content with any "tier" of gear.  Rare - Extotic - Acended - Legendary.  No gear will ever be better than Legendaries and Legendaries are not that mch better than Exotics, just slightly. the thing with GW2 is that combat is skill based and not gearbased like alot other mmorpgs. 

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

There are already three tiers of armor in GW2 this is tier 4.

Looks like end game is shaping up to go vertical ;)

So now everyone will need to grind these dungeons to get top tier armor. lol!!

Only the ones chasing top tier will be grinding. lol!!

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    lol!!

Play nice.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by muffins89
    yeah sounds like they caved.

They have no choice but to cave in, the only way they are going to keep people playing is through end level item grinding. The problem is no matter what new dungeons they bring in they are always going to be just a zerg rez fest.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Icewhite
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    lol!!

Play nice.

Fine. image

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Rimmersman

They have no choice but to cave in, the only way they are going to keep people playing is through end level item grinding. The problem is no matter what new dungeons they bring in they are always going to be just a zerg rez fest.

Have you done the dungeons or just parroting? They are not res zerging, if you play them right. Some of Rift's dungeons were zerg res fests before people figured them out - what has changed? OH, it is A.Net and GW2 is all. People get blinders on when it comes to this game.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

It's still the best gear currently in-game, so you can use it to obtain Ascended stuff. Actually, Rares and Exotics are probably the best sets to wear when getting Ascended items. It's like wearing Rares while trying to get exotics.

I think people are blowing this out of proportion. Of course, this is be a big deal if aquiring Ascended stuff will be very time-consuming, but if it's like getting other tiers of gear, this change won't change how the game plays in a meaningful way.

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

Folks, don't jump to coclusions and think that suddenly Anet has added WoW style progression. 'More powerful than exotics' means they'll have the stat increase that Legendary armor has, IE about 10 points per stat, a statistical advantage to be sure but a very minor one at that. So this new Ascended armor will probably be stat-equivolent to Legendary weapons.

Glad to see they are putting some new 'legendary-equivolent' armor in the game, cant wait to see how the new gear works and 9 part (3 random step) dungeons sound very fun. Cant wait! :D

Originally posted by muffins89 yeah sounds like they caved.

Now correct me if im wrong, But should not their primary goal be to get people to buy from the Gem Store? Not seeing how setting vertical progression of gear outside the store is gona help that goal.

edit; ah..unless their charging for the new content?

Glad to see they are putting some new 'legendary-equivolent' armor in the game,
    Doesn't that diminish the definition of legendary?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by muffins89 yeah sounds like they caved.

Now correct me if im wrong, But should not their primary goal be to get people to buy from the Gem Store? Not seeing how setting vertical progression of gear outside the store is gona help that goal.

Uh, I think making the game fun should be their primary goal?

• PoufPouf Member Posts: 341
    Originally posted by Scalpless

It's still the best gear currently in-game, so you can use it to obtain Ascended stuff. Actually, Rares and Exotics are probably the best sets to wear when getting Ascended items. It's like wearing Rares while trying to get exotics.

I think people are blowing this out of proportion. Of course, this is be a big deal if aquiring Ascended stuff will be very time-consuming, but if it's like getting other tiers of gear, this change won't change how the game plays in a meaningful way.

Yes i Know, but what I mean is that I will probably not try ascending dungeons for now because i'm on minecraft for a while with a friend waiting for Assasin creed 3 and some other game, but what scares me is that, In maybe 6months, some new dungeon will "required" ascending gear to be done correctly, and even as a "grinder/nolife" or watever, it is against what they said initially.

I still play wow from time to time and i'm used to regrinding gear it's allright, the only problem here is that Anet said that would be different.. Only time will tell

Originally posted by Nitth   Originally posted by Rimmersman Originally posted by muffins89 yeah sounds like they caved.
    Uh, I think making the game fun should be their primary goal?

Business perspective mate.

I know people would like to think they are only out to make the perfect 'fairy land' but they are in industry to make money primarily.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by botrytis

Have you done the dungeons or just parroting? They are not res zerging, if you play them right. Some of Rift's dungeons were zerg res fests before people figured them out - what has changed? OH, it is A.Net and GW2 is all. People get blinders on when it comes to this game.

They do (have blinders on). What I'm waiting for is to see if the armor sets they speak of for this dungeon are like the legendaries, only slightly better then the Exotics. If so this will end this nonsense right off the bat as it will show that it will be doubly unnecessary to grind for them but they added it in there so they can satisfy the needs of the crazed elitest jerk who has to prance around LA yelling "U Jelly?! while doing a /dance.

That pretty much sums up the gear progression player imo.

Yes i Know, but what I mean is that I will probably not try ascending dungeons for now because i'm on minecraft for a while with a friend waiting for Assasin creed 3 and some other game, but what scares me is that, In maybe 6months, some new dungeon will "required" ascending gear to be done correctly, and even as a "grinder/nolife" or watever, it is against what they said initially.

I still play wow from time to time and i'm used to regrinding gear it's allright, the only problem here is that Anet said that would be different.. Only time will tell

Yes, that would be a problem. I doubt they'd go that far, though. They did say something about expansions raising the level cap beyond 100, so clearly they want GW2 to have more vertical progression than GW1 has. Time will tell how much.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Oh dear
  • Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    And when this dungeon is done with by the majority, they will create a new dungeon with T5 gear, wash rinse and repeat, every few months, 2 yrs later players will be on T12 gear, sound familiar?
  • killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995
    Originally posted by itgrowls

They do (have blinders on). What I'm waiting for is to see if the armor sets they speak of for this dungeon are like the legendaries, only slightly better then the Exotics. If so this will end this nonsense right off the bat as it will show that it will be doubly unnecessary to grind for them but they added it in there so they can satisfy the needs of the crazed elitest jerk who has to prance around LA yelling "U Jelly?! while doing a /dance.

That pretty much sums up the gear progression player imo.

Either that or people like character development in their RPGs?  If you cap the level at a relatively easy to obtain point, gear is the only thing that can really continue character development.

Bang goes gw2s usp.
    The usp been you can go play the latest single player game that came out for a week or two and not woody about being left begining.d when you return.
  • JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by Entioch
    good, armor equality belongs in pvp and spvp, not pve :P

Um... PVE gear is used in WvW so this directly effects it. If they start forcing me down the dungeon/raiding path I will not give them another cent. They will also transform avid fans into avid bashers. 

Worry about being left behind when you return. Through combination of no sub and low gear requirements.

Now WvW becomes even more pve to pvp (the cost of it, then this change)
  • YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Originally posted by botrytis
    Originally posted by deakon
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Gg. Let the "gear grind" begin muhahahhh lmao.

Its better to have gear to grind for than just having the grind

Now if they could just add some progression to leveling beyond 40 the game might actually manage to keep my interest beyond a couple of hours a month (if that)

Sorry - now GW2 is just like EVERY other game out there. They caved to the hardcore whiners and not worrying about the casual player. That is sad.

They caved to falling player numbers. Why would they cave for a minority group like hardcore players?

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678

stop panicking

if you didnt played Gw1 and dont know what infusion and insignias are

you should read

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Infusion

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Insignia

with the introduction to new enemy type "karka" and more info

Aside from being a new type of foe, the karka also bring in new mechanics and skills. Part of the event will involve players racing around Tyria to try to figure out how to damage these baddies. You see, as they mature, karka develop a nigh-impenetrable outer shell, which players will have to get through to start doing meaningful damage.

you already should figure it out

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by ShakyMo

Oh dear

Lmao Idc what they say mo, you are my boy. ;) you call it like you see it.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"