Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fishing in GW2

TiiKiiTiiKii Member UncommonPosts: 163

Someone started a article in the GW2 main forums about fishing.. God I would love that to happen down the road!! :)

What do you all think? I get so burned out on just killing, killing killing. Weather it is pvp - wvw - pve what have you. I have seen so many spots to where it would be great to take a down-time and just relax.

Most every MMO I have played had this in game... I so loved to fish in a quiet area, with breath taking scenery in front of my eyes to feast on.

Although if.. they do this down the road, they will have recipes etc to go along with  fishing. Otherwise, what's the point? Correct?!

"Huntress"

Comments

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by TiiKii

Someone started a article in the GW2 main forums about fishing.. God I would love that to happen down the road!! :)

What do you all think? I get so burned out on just killing, killing killing. Weather it is pvp - wvw - pve what have you. I have seen so many spots to where it would be great to take a down-time and just relax.

Most every MMO I have played had this in game... I so loved to fish in a quiet area, with breath taking scenery in front of my eyes to feast on.

Although if.. they do this down the road, they will have recipes etc to go along with  fishing. Otherwise, what's the point? Correct?!

Right can't wait! I requested they give us props for fishing like a parasol and a picnic lay out etc. I als requested in their forums the ability to fish up rare items occasionally and the ability to fish up bags o stuff people trying to hide underwater. I would love to have the chef recipes for the fish tho and be able to make those without some expensive or not easily obtainable resource (they screwed the pooch when they made vanilla beans so hard to find). 

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164

I go spear fishing everyday for Krait.

Yeah real fishing would be nice, tournaments and such would be even better.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Need for A-NET to get those other mini games finished as well.

I like the idea of adding in fising as well.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• DjildjameshDjildjamesh Member UncommonPosts: 406

only have experience in WoW with fishing ....

first ... i hated it

then .... i really disliked it

then .. it was alright

then ... it became boring as hell

then at cap ... well at cap i guess even i thought it was fun to do ... but still leveling it was a pain in the butt ;p

• almalexiusalmalexius Member UncommonPosts: 180

Yes ! Any MMORPG without fishing is fail. I started mutiple posts about this.

On a more serious note; these games need more stuff t do in the world besides fighting.

WOW,eq2,Vanguard,WAR,LOTRO,AOC,Rift Aion, SWTOR, TERA.

Currently playing GW2.

• AdzijaAdzija Member UncommonPosts: 58
    No source but I remember reading somewhere that Anet said they have plans with fishing in future. They reminded us that if we look at cooking we will find no food related to fish directly and that it was on purpose so I guess one day it will be there.
  • TiiKiiTiiKii Member UncommonPosts: 163

Thanks all for responding to my fishing addiction lol :)

It will make me sad though, if..  they allow fishing, but - have NO recipes for the fish. WTH is that!? It can't be that hard to code recipes for fish, clams, etc... good heavens even!

I also understand that before the fishing.. things must be fixed, tweaked etc.. I just hope they will let us fish and have some kind of loot also that goes with the fish... OR - as you are quietly fishing one of those big bastXXards decide that they have had enough of your hook & bite you on the butt.. LOL That would be hilarious.  -  Kind of like in EQ and me beating on an ORC because I forgot to put my fishing pole away!!! Hahahahahaha.. Good times.. Good Memories!!

Have a great day all & Happy Holidays! :D

"Huntress"

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by TiiKii

Thanks all for responding to my fishing addiction lol :)

It will make me sad though, if..  they allow fishing, but - have NO recipes for the fish. WTH is that!? It can't be that hard to code recipes for fish, clams, etc... good heavens even!

I also understand that before the fishing.. things must be fixed, tweaked etc.. I just hope they will let us fish and have some kind of loot also that goes with the fish... OR - as you are quietly fishing one of those big bastXXards decide that they have had enough of your hook & bite you on the butt.. LOL That would be hilarious.  -  Kind of like in EQ and me beating on an ORC because I forgot to put my fishing pole away!!! Hahahahahaha.. Good times.. Good Memories!!

Have a great day all & Happy Holidays! :D

They already have recipes for shellfish:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bowl_of_Clam_Chowder

But yes, fish were suspiciously missing from the chef recipes.

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

I really like this idea. Hope it gets some traction.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    NAH - fishing is overrated in any game. Not every MMO needs to have it.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by botrytis

Considering how much waterfront real estate that GW2 has and the fact that it already has cooking, its a bit strange it doesnt have it already.

Also in a casual game like GW2 they need mini-games to play on the side.

I suspect from the hints they have been dropping about lost island that it will have a bunch of mini games.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by evilastro

Considering how much waterfront real estate that GW2 has and the fact that it already has cooking, its a bit strange it doesnt have it already.

I suspect from the hints they have been dropping about lost island that it will have a bunch of mini games.

They do have mini-games already, such as robot fighting (in the Asuran area). Fishing is like watching golf on TV - overrated and boring.

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by evilastro

They do have mini-games already, such as robot fighting (in the Asuran area). Fishing is like watching golf on TV - overrated and boring.

Speak for yourself plus it depends on what game you are playing, some MMOs have better fishing systems than others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06awxmTdMhY This is just fresh water fishing not deep water which you have to sail out into deeper water in the ocean.

• DuviousDuvious Member Posts: 116

They do have mini-games already, such as robot fighting (in the Asuran area). Fishing is like watching golf on TV - overrated and boring

Like the dude after you said, speak for yourself.  I happen to love watching golf on TV.  If you don't then you obviously aren't an avid golfer or understand the game, which is ok, not knocking you, just saying things like that are niches for people who enjoy those things.  You may find it boring while I find it exhilirating.

• almalexiusalmalexius Member UncommonPosts: 180

The way fishing was implemented in WoW i found nice. You could fish up mats for crafting, could get a special buff sometimes from cooking recipes made from certain types fof fish, you could sometimes fish up backpacks, you could join the fishing contest, fish up coins etc. They had the special fishing quest in zul'gurub for a raid boss etc.

You can do lots of things with it.

Also you could sell fish to other people for good money who didn't want to bother to run up fishing skill themselves.

WOW,eq2,Vanguard,WAR,LOTRO,AOC,Rift Aion, SWTOR, TERA.

Currently playing GW2.