Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PVP with lv 50 = impossibru

2»

Comments

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by Jyiiga
    The pvp as a whole is still a travesty and likely in worse shape now than when the game was new. All of the gear I earned has quickly become kinda meh for warzones. As the game has no real world pvp (ilum pvp is turned off) I have zero urge to grind for gear. Why would I grind gear for subpar play, subpary warzones... When GW2 has everyone in SPVP setup on nice even footing, all the gear you need to enjoy yourself.. No fees, no grind, just skill. 

The whole thing with what Bioware has done is a stupid joke, they ditched Centurion which was very viable (all my cent gear had +power stat changed to +defense, which was completely useless on my operative) and they changed the bags too many times then did away with them and then added War Hero. The biggest one was when they released a patch where you can create augment slots from crafted items and BM/WH crafted gear came out where people rushed to get all those crafted with all augmented out and then the VERY NEXT PATCH they released an augment kit that can aug any gear you want- kind of a punch in the face for those that wasted time crafting BM/WH gear. This sort of thing is what Bioware intentionally does.

Thank god I didn't do any crafting, SWTOR's crafting is pretty bad anyways.

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Originally posted by Elikal

Good riddance. I just tried to play my old lv 50 chars (Jedi Guardian and Sith Assasin) in PVP again... and GOOD RIDDANCE. I didn't have any gear yet, and people with uber pvp endgame gear... it's like attacking someone wih cotton balls. It does no damage. Liek none at all.

Trololol... how pathetic. After having saved/doomed the galaxy with my chars in that uber epic story, in PVP they are the suxxors, because this gear gap makes it hilarious.

Weird, I haven't see any MMO having done this right. Somehow.

You quit GW2 because it has no gear progression. Then you re sub to SWTOR knowig very well that it is based on gear progression. And now you are complaining about that no MMO has done it right?  *scratches head*

Me thinks you just love to complain.

• ajax7ajax7 Member Posts: 363

Yes you can buy the gear lvl 50 pvp for about 300k your suppose to get a set free when you hit 50 check the pvp terminal.

Yes if you go in there with no pvp gear at lvl 50 be prepaired to have light saber inserted where the light don't shine!

Ajax

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

Good riddance. I just tried to play my old lv 50 chars (Jedi Guardian and Sith Assasin) in PVP again... and GOOD RIDDANCE. I didn't have any gear yet, and people with uber pvp endgame gear... it's like attacking someone wih cotton balls. It does no damage. Liek none at all.

Trololol... how pathetic. After having saved/doomed the galaxy with my chars in that uber epic story, in PVP they are the suxxors, because this gear gap makes it hilarious.

Weird, I haven't see any MMO having done this right. Somehow.

1). Did you bought the new recruit gear?, you even have a quest to get it for free. If you was fighting in Champion or Centurion gear, thats was your problem because that gear is now useless in PvP. You should use the new Recruit gear.

2). You can get all ur Battlemaster gear in less than a Week.

3). Is not the gear what make the difference, you need augments in your armor. The blue ones are good enough till you get ur War hero set.

4). A guy un BM gear can beat a guy in WH gear.  

Originally posted by TeknoBug

Originally posted by GolbezTheLion
    So basically you want to look awesome and have availability to high rank gear without putting in even a tenth of the effort everyone else did to get the rank and gear they have?

You can be very competitive in 50 PvP as a new player, even just wearing the blue set. Maybe you're just not a very good PvPer? Did you ever consider that?

If I were you, I would either spend time practicing every day to improve, or stick with PvE.

You're kidding right? Recruit gear is TERRIBLE, but yes you have to buy it if you want to get into pvp, people will bash you for not wearing any gear with +expertise if you don't. Recruit doesn't help you because you only get 13K health and can still die to a single rage smash.

The carrot on the stick grind for pvp gear got old for me quick last time I played.

No you won't die in one hit but certianly in 3 hits!

Ajax

Originally posted by rygard49
    Originally posted by GolbezTheLion

You knew the game had gear based PvP.

You tried to PvP with no gear.

You got destroyed.

And now you're trying to blame that on the game?

Come on guy....

Well you have to "get" PVP gear you know.

It's not like I can just go and buy it. And the way to get it is like participating 2 months as worthless trash companion where people send you tells like "you are worthless, please don't join pvp anymore".

Actually, yes. Yes you can. There's a whole set of PvP gear to buy.

OMG you are right... but but... my Sith looks like BIBO the Sithlord! My wonderful, decend, understatement looks is now replaced with feather stuff that looks like Vader's Gay Twinbrother on a dragshow parade! *sob*

Oh and I die all the time still.. must be me... don't mind me. *handwave* This is not the looser you were looking for... move along.

SIDENOTE: In seriousness. PVP until level 49 is fun, great and usually I fare ok. But getting level 50 in SWTOR pvp is like dropping in a damn abyss, a stampede walzing over you and 1000 cats nibbling you to death. PAINFUL. And having played GW2 PVP I am simply TOTALLY overwhelmed in SWTOR with 3 full quickbars and a subjectively felt 2000 skills. With 41 I am just not that nimble anymore or I lack like 4 additional pairs of hands to manage all these skills. In PVP, less is more. My Jedi Knight just isn't better because he was 15 different "attack with lightsaber slash" variants and 8 different "stun" variants. I am just overwhelmed with that fustercluck of quickbars! @__@

You don't need to use them all. II use just 10 abilitys in pvp that way I can use the keybrd quickly and I'm always 1 or 2 in medals or damage or kills.

Ajax