Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: The End is Near

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Square Enix has released a new trailer showing how the Eorzean Alliance clashed with the Garlean Empire. Called "End of an Era", the video heralds the arrival of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. Enjoy!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• IngvarIngvar Member UncommonPosts: 193
    Amazing!
  • Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Old news travels fast.  If this site wants to be on top of their game at least get the information before everyone has seen it, plenty of topics covering this since yesterday.
  • WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Dragon causing mayhem and destruction to the world... i have never seen that before. very original.
  • ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670
    Definitely one of the best game videos along with WoW's cinematics.

• DjildjameshDjildjamesh Member UncommonPosts: 406

This 'short movie' :p truly is of brilliant quality...

Not many company's are capeble of pruducing this quality work. And god the music is epic! :)

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Djildjamesh

This 'short movie' :p truly is of brilliant quality...

Not many company's are capeble of pruducing this quality work. And god the music is epic! :)

Indeed, I am sure even other compaines like Blur are looking at this and nodding.

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    What's up with double posting this? There is already a 5 page conversation going on with links to video. As for the vid. It's a good vid, but the character models are horrible. Not the best game trailer I have seen. 
  • MalrendMalrend Member Posts: 3
    Poor Louisoix.. That man was a beast.
  • Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Originally posted by cybertrucker
    What's up with double posting this? There is already a 5 page conversation going on with links to video. As for the vid. It's a good vid, but the character models are horrible. Not the best game trailer I have seen. 

I don't really consider it a game trailer, but a cgi to show the end of an era as is titled, the character models are horrible in what way? show me what you consider better character models.  Compared to some games out there, they are pretty decent.

• JayarisJayaris Member Posts: 308
    Originally posted by Whitebeards
    Dragon causing mayhem and destruction to the world... i have never seen that before. very original.

Miser on the internet saying 'I've never seen that before' - I've never seen that before. Be less of a hater...

Hi

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Originally posted by Ingvar
    Amazing!

My thoughts exactly, fantastic trailer even if you’re not a FF fan it was pretty epic to watch and very fitting for the games rebirth.

I really hope Square get it right now for their fans second time round as not many mmos if any ever get a second chance. The way they handled the game post launch has been admirable, realising there were major issues that couldn’t just be band aided, going f2p for a while and rebuilding the game from the ground up is something I don’t think many software houses would or even could do these days, respect to them.

GL with the re-launch.

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662

holy shit.. that looks awesome!

Best game trailer i've ever seen.

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345
    Even better than the Matrix Reloaded end. Hope they definitely relaunch and people play so there isn't another repeat of this vid. But it is an amazing vid in all fairness.
  • PKJackCrowPKJackCrow Member Posts: 231
    I think the thing that has drawn me and psuhed me away with square is their story telling. This might be fuuny to hear  but square used to have great story telling, there was a reason that final fantasy 1 took the company from bankrupcy to where they are today. At the same time i feel that they have grown so comfortable so safe that only the failure of 14 shook them up to realize that the reason people bought their games, whether it was 1 or 2 or 6 or 7 was because it told a GREAT story even if the gameplay was a minor thing. Unfortunely in the MMO world Gameplay does weigh in as much as story amoung other things. Companies that make great single rpgs need to realize if you make a MMO it needs to be a world not what alot of these guys have brought so far.
  • Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081

Best......Video........Ever!

Truly one of the best CGI videos I have ever seen. I actually got choked up watching it lol.

No signature, I don't have a pen

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by biggarfoot
    Old news travels fast.  If this site wants to be on top of their game at least get the information before everyone has seen it, plenty of topics covering this since yesterday.

You mean before the forum lurkers have seen it right? You really think all gamers lurk every forum out there and check every news site? Get a clue and figure out why your personality is bothered by this and try to fix it.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869

a sacastic post stating the obvious... I have never seen that before.

I havent played 1.0 and this video made me feel for the people in the vid. was excited, was mad, was sad. It made me want to look up the lore of this game. This very short vid raised my interest in this game alot. and if it gets me to buy this game then they did there jobs right. congrats to them for putting out a very compelling video.

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    Best video to date! Not a FF fan but I'll be getting the re-launch.

Originally posted by xAPOCx

People getting upset at the obvious sarcasm..i have never seen that before.

• IneveraskforthisIneveraskforthis Member Posts: 374

In b4 DEATHWING CLONEZ ELDER DRAGON CLONEEE

• MMObroMMObro Member UncommonPosts: 97

EPIC! Never played this game, but now Im going to check it out.

Great job to those who made it.

A sarcastic post about another sarcastic post... I have never seen that before.

Originally posted by MMObro

EPIC! Never played this game, but now Im going to check it out.

Great job to those who made it.

This is my sentiments. Had no desire to play 14 at all till i saw this. thats what these trailers want to do. get people interested in there game so they will buy it. well they sold me.

they told a very compelling story in a short amount of time. . iv watch 2 hour major motion pictures that could make me feel what i felt in 6 mins.

A sarcastic post about another sarcastic post... I have never seen that before.

You are completely ruining it now. Thanks for sucking all the fun out of it.

the guy who loves to have the 'last word'.