Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Guild Wars 2: A Peek into the November Update

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

ArenaNet is looking to add a considerable amount of content to Guild Wars 2 in the game's upcoming November update and we've got a sneak peek at what players can expect to find. Read on for details!

The ‘Temple of the Silent Storm’ is a new map coming to Guild Wars 2 with the November content update. The map takes place on and inside a massive iceberg, which features a large temple that serves as a place of meditation and training dojo for Guild Wars 2’s armored polar bear race, the Koden. ArenaNet is emphasizing a sense of verticality with this map and just like all of the Guild Wars 2 PvP maps, the ‘Temple of the Silent Storm’ will feature conquest gameplay with a twist.

Read more of Michael Bitton's Guild Wars 2: A Peek into the November Update.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Cool

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541
    Nice article. Good to see that they are improving the PvE part.

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    the 'Ascended'?   so they are adding vertical progression. 
  • cynistrecynistre Member Posts: 6
    I hope they include "the Hatchery" bug fix with this update...
  • TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575
    Interesting.  Looking forward to it.  I've explored less than 50 percent of the world though.  Big game.
  • WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778

Less dungeons, instanced stuff and more open world content please.

Thank you.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Can't wait! I would have loved to have seen the patch notes about the upcoming class changes tho, that would have been more helpful.

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

Perfect!-

iam a bit concerned  though abt the ongoing rumours on the 30 so changes on the engineer profession. which is  my main atm.

the spvp sounds awsome!

the fractals sounds that itll keep me busy for a while!

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

Thanks, but could we get a little more coverage on other titles than GW2 as well? Seems to me like every third article is on this game. I think there are a lot other interesting titles, released and upcoming.

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• TiiKiiTiiKii Member UncommonPosts: 163

I wish they would run that event thru the 'Thanksgiving Weekend'... Not just for 3 days.  After the event then what? That area just does away? If they put it in, why not keep it in? Since I have not seen any articles on a Thanksgiving Holiday at least this would occupy players thru that holiday.

Just thinking aloud folks :)

"Huntress"

• GreenishBlueGreenishBlue Member Posts: 263
    what about W v W ?

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Originally posted by GreenishBlue
    what about W v W ?

SPVP is where GW2 is focusing. I have stopped hoping for any changes to W v W. A new SPVP map should tell you something and if you look at all previous patch notes you will see what si their main focus.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by cynistre
    I hope they include "the Hatchery" bug fix with this update...

This^^^  I've been stuck on my personal story for a while now..

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    Is the dungeon for lvl 80 only?

• GreenishBlueGreenishBlue Member Posts: 263
    Originally posted by Whitebeards
    Originally posted by GreenishBlue
    what about W v W ?

SPVP is where GW2 is focusing. I have stopped hoping for any changes to W v W. A new SPVP map should tell you something and if you look at all previous patch notes you will see what si their main focus.

Most of the servers are full and the queues are still an issue; oh well, at least there is some new PvE stuff to look for.

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    Originally posted by FromHell

Thanks, but could we get a little more coverage on other titles than GW2 as well? Seems to me like every third article is on this game. I think there are a lot other interesting titles, released and upcoming.

You name me 3 upcoming quality mmo's (not rpg console games) ...And ill credit your comment as valid. otherwise sounds like your trollin in a worth good informative article for GW2 fanbase.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Nice, it didnt took very long until the "There will be no gear grind in GW2!" statement was erased. Looking forward to see a new level of gear each larger patch. *facepalm*

Hodor!

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Originally posted by gwei1984

Nice, it didnt took very long until the "There will be no gear grind in GW2!" statement was erased. Looking forward to see a new level of gear each larger patch. *facepalm*

That's what I thought too. I am pretty disappoint.
  • SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836
    Originally posted by IPolygon
    Originally posted by gwei1984

That's what I thought too. I am pretty disappoint.

I'm extremely disappointed. :( 

I really hope they don't go farther into this than they already are.

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    I'm still grinding gold to get a full suit of exotic on one level 80 and already they're adding a new gear tier? I guess it's time to move on to the next game.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836
    Originally posted by muffins89
    the 'Ascended'?   so they are adding vertical progression. 

I really hope not. > < 

Infused armor and becoming ascended were story points of GW1, but had little to do with your actual worth as a character in the end game farming areas like FoW and UW, as well as any of the dungeons. And it wasn't hard to get either, you really just needed to do half a mission to talk to some dude...

If they're seriously turning this into vertical progression, then all the legendaries will be worthless and they'll marginalize a, I feel, large section of their fanbase who enjoy the horizontal progression. 

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795
    So far I don't see: LFM dungeon x only with exotic weapon and armour. Hopefully it'll stay this way and we won;t see LFM dungeon x only with infused armout. As long as I won't feel forced to do this special content just to compete I am ok with adding this kind progression. Still I compoletely understand people who are worried GW2 will become a full dungeon/raid or die game.

• grimm6thgrimm6th Member Posts: 973

Fractals of the mists = challenge missions (GW1) + multi-path dungeons (GW2)

I have high hopes for this dungeon.

I used to TL;DR, but then I took a bullet point to the footnote.

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961

Dear Anet Devs, you can't beat WoW on it's own playground. Many tried, all failed. Why convert GW2 in another WOW2 with gear progression from dungeons/raids ? Disappointing.....