Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Goodluck recovering your account

I have been emailing square enix support for over a month. My account is in good standing. I can recover my password no problem. Here is the issue.

When you follow square enix User ID recover method. They email you back an automated response saying we cannot recover your user ID without your user ID.

Long story short. Worst customer service ever. Not suprised considering the epic fail this company has been since the enix merger. Im not even bothering anymore to contact them. After 20+ emails they still have not even given me a real GM response.

FFXIV is dead anyway. Wasting more money on a game that already failed. Yay for so many games right now. Was going to try and get the 20$ worth of this game I wasted on 1.0 but they probably just saved me 15$ for having to resub. Thanks bad customer support! Saved me moneys :D

(I have contacted every single tab of the customer support on 3 seperate sites. The new global. The NA SQEX site. Playonline.I get the same response from the exact same automated response.)

From Square Enix:

We do apologize, however we could not verify your ownership of the account in question, and we could not process your request.

Please confirm the information registered under the SQUARE ENIX Account Management System and resubmit your request under a new ticket. Please be aware that proper verification requires that the SQUARE ENIX ID, Email Address, Birthdate, Security Question and Answer be provided as they appear on the SQUARE ENIX Account in question. Please be sure to provide this information correctly when submitting your ticket.

Ok so to recover my User ID. I need my User ID. Fail lol.

Hero Evermore
Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

Comments

• zevni78zevni78 grimsbyPosts: 1,133Member Uncommon
    I would keep trying, I've had some odd issues with them but last year they re-funded £100 when I was at fault, so at least greed isnt the issue.
  • KyleranKyleran Tampa, FLPosts: 19,966Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by HeroEvermore

I have been emailing square enix support for over a month. My account is in good standing. I can recover my password no problem. Here is the issue.

When you follow square enix User ID recover method. They email you back an automated response saying we cannot recover your user ID without your user ID.

Long story short. Worst customer service ever. Not suprised considering the epic fail this company has been since the enix merger. Im not even bothering anymore to contact them. After 20+ emails they still have not even given me a real GM response.

FFXIV is dead anyway. Wasting more money on a game that already failed. Yay for so many games right now. Was going to try and get the 20$ worth of this game I wasted on 1.0 but they probably just saved me 15$ for having to resub. Thanks bad customer support! Saved me moneys :D

(I have contacted every single tab of the customer support on 3 seperate sites. The new global. The NA SQEX site. Playonline.I get the same response from the exact same automated response.)

From Square Enix:

We do apologize, however we could not verify your ownership of the account in question, and we could not process your request.

Please confirm the information registered under the SQUARE ENIX Account Management System and resubmit your request under a new ticket. Please be aware that proper verification requires that the SQUARE ENIX ID, Email Address, Birthdate, Security Question and Answer be provided as they appear on the SQUARE ENIX Account in question. Please be sure to provide this information correctly when submitting your ticket.

Ok so to recover my User ID. I need my User ID. Fail lol.

[mod edit]

They require "you" to know the SQUARE ENIX ID, Email Address, Birthdate, Security Question and Answer, and "you" apparently have forgotten the Square Enix ID.

I know some companies let you recover your ID from your email address, but with all the problems recent titles have had including GW2 with using email for authentication it's no wonder some are starting to not support this.

When you set up a MMORPG account, "you" are responsible to make a note of the key security info and keep it safe, not them.

Notice that key word "you" that I keep tossing about, it's important you understand it, no one is responsbile for this mess, but...well, you.

In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.
    "I don't have one life, I have many lives" - Grunty
    Still currently "subscribed" to EVE, and only EVE!!!
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore salem, ORPosts: 672Member

Sorry but you are 100% wrong. That is what the automated response is. They have a ticket system for recovering you USER ID and it is the ONLY thing WITHOUT AN ASTERISK because it is the section to recover your USER ID.

Thanks for your completely unhelpful post to this topic though.

Hero Evermore

• AeolronAeolron Ottawa, ONPosts: 648Member
    Originally posted by HeroEvermore

Sorry but you are 100% wrong. That is what the automated response is. They have a ticket system for recovering you USER ID and it is the ONLY thing WITHOUT AN ASTERISK because it is the section to recover your USER ID.

Thanks for pretending you went through this issue though.

Yeah that does suck, sorry for your trouble man, just keep trying ! Do they have phone support by any chance?

I hope so thanks for the suggestion ill try that. There online system is such a mess. It is my fault for not remembering the USER ID. I am not blaming anyone for that but I have all the other required info and am a paying customer who deserves the same benefit of not having to repurchase. I feel very unhelped in my issue and as a consumer have every right to be upset when properly providing all the info asked of me by the company to recover my account.

Hero Evermore

nice now it gets worse! So just to test i register a new account and it lets me create an account with the same email. How does that make sense considering all my support tickets and password changes are with the same account and its let me change the PW for my email. Definately calling them lol. What a mess. They must have lost my account from 4 months ago already?! I just bought the game recently. What a waste.

Hero Evermore

• Arcondo87Arcondo87 Prince Albert, SKPosts: 94Member

i had no issue last week in getting my account ID..just went on there site and clicke the link "if you forgot your user ID click here" had my user id within 10 mins. didnt ask me for anythign there asking you.

You must be doing sumthign wrong....there in good standing in my books. Though i DO agree with your down the drain when they became square enix

Found my user ID from the email THEY SENT ME WHEN I PURCHASED THE GAME. Found my password. Found my game reciept in my email.

Guess what... They just sent me the same automated response saying please provide your username! Err duh i did!!!!

Holy fail batman! Biggest headache ever. I bought the game in Feb. the reciept says. This year. They already deleted my account it looks like because I have all the info and it let me register a new account on the same email. Makes no sense. Never had trouble in 15 years with any account. Good times. Thanks SQEX! lulz.

Hero Evermore

• darkrain21darkrain21 philadelphia, PAPosts: 274Member
    I had no problem with it. Guess it just sucks to be you.
    Definately sucked to be me here. SQEX disabled my account because they didn't think it was being used. This is what I get told on the phone from them lol. Thank goodness I saved all that original info cause that was the most unhelpful customer service ever sheesh. There website is also letting me infinitly create SQEX accounts with the same email. Basically setting there system up for a billion worthless email accnts No wonder its such a mess.

Hero Evermore

I got my account back ONLY because I had my original reciept. Now I remember why I used to buy discs and not just buy with a credit card. Having that box with the original key on it. Thats invaluable. Email servers crash and info gets lost. Its not safe enough. Especially for someone who buys maybe 20 mmos a year. What a headache. That was the first time and hopefully the last I ever have an issue like this.

I give SQEX customer support a 1/10. The 1 is for reponding with a bot. lol. Never got 1 real GM to respond.

Hero Evermore

• IfrianMMOIfrianMMO BarcelonaPosts: 212Member

This reminds me of Tera Frogster´s service.

I was one of the very first to preorder the game and one month after launch they were still fighting to find out why the hell my account did not allow me to access the game despite showing as "in good standing" to them.

Then once they fixed it (Their bank had frozen my payment by accident and forgot to clear it) they refused to give me the preorder bonuses because they said due to the bank issue, i had not actually preordered it, even if it wasn´t my fault.

I tried to reason with them on how if they admitted it was their fault, they should simply activate the preorder bonuses for my account, but they wanted nothing to do with it.

Then i finally logged in to join my guild and i was one of the players affected by certain bug that made the game unplayable.

By the time i could finally play all my guild was max leveled and i ended up playing alone and bored till i left the game.

Ouch yeah I played RoM. I remember legendary stories of thier customer service. I know SQEX is going through a lot with the ARR change but seriously. The USER ID is recovery is broken or there GM is broken. I don't think they realize the recovery is being sent to them to recover the USER ID because it is asking in the recover method to provide your USER ID which makes literally no sense. (though the USER ID is not required to request the USER ID, no asterisk* demanding it.)

HUGE HEADACHE. SO lucky i had all my original emails. So lucky.

Hero Evermore

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Ul''dah, CAPosts: 1,536Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by zevni78
    I would keep trying, I've had some odd issues with them but last year they re-funded £100 when I was at fault, so at least greed isnt the issue.

The account systems have almost always been crap since FFXI.  Though this right here is very typical of Square as well, I've had similar things with them and they were more than happy to help me even though I was at fault.

To date Square Enix and NCsoft (with Aion) have refunded me money simply because of an oversight on my part (and they did so within 24 hours each).  EA/Mythic have yet to do so for me, even when the fault was their own on Warhammer Online; it was just back and forth with them (also with a policy if you don't write back within three days they consider it closed).  D:

When faced with strife or discontent, the true nature of a man is brought forth. It is then when we see the character of the individual. It is then we are able to tell if he is mature enough to grin and bare it, or subject his fellow man to his complaints and woes.

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Mt marion, NYPosts: 1,534Member Uncommon

This is why I keep everything written down, saved to a backup on my computer and handy.

You could be someone calling up trying to steal another person's account info for all they know. It could be stolen information. They don't know that. So, yes, they make it a pain-in-the-ass because, well, they expect the customer to have the information they require to recover their account. And really, it's only a pain in the ass if you don't have the info they need.

If it were the other way around, and someone was actually trying to hack your account, you'd be grateful that they're so stringent.

I had to go through something similar with SE when my POL password wouldn't work on FFXI. I was fortunate to have found the information they requested, and so it was 1, 2, 3...

• WizardryWizardry Ontario, CanadaPosts: 8,423Member Uncommon

You will NEVER get a real GM through emails,it wil lalways be some no common sense cue card reading support that is outside the firm.

Your best bet is to always call on the phone.I went through the same thing over and over .

Here is the rpoblem,Square Enix has better security than all these other lame operations.They are not about to start handing over authority to their paid customer support people,who really are not part of SE.It would be like you leaving the babysitter your credit card to use,not going to happen.

You knwo and i know,EVERY single developer going sends out automated responses to email,imo it is a copout to PRETEND they have ACTIVE support and to keep from overworking the real support.

If you call by phone you will get a real english talking ,easy to understand person who also uses common sense.

You might think they are too hardcore on security and they are,they basically opearate in a manner that everyone is possibly guilty  and that they trust no one.Look around at all the account thefts in other games,then yo urealize that maybe they are right.

Samoan Diamond

• Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Chickasha, OKPosts: 584Member
    had issues with ffxi and tech support . It's best to call them have them walk you through the mess that is there website get your ticket number and call back with the number

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Columbus, OHPosts: 520Member
    Your rage will pale in comparison to the people just now buying the box and loading it to find no game at all and no refund lol.
  • supermike27supermike27 bakersfield, CAPosts: 24Member
    SE is the worst when it comes to customer support. I bought the CE edition day 1 and played for 2 days i went to work tried to login when i got home said my account is banned i called called and called and they wouldnt tell me why and they have no way of asking a GM so their suggestion was wait til it unbans me which they said will be a few days probably and ask them myself. I waited and waited for 1 full week and i called them back and the guy said i was banned for gil spamming which is a 3 day ban the first time i told him i was at work and i dont even know what that means he stated i was trying to sell gil (Which i wasnt). he said give it one more day. I did i recieved a Email saying my account was turned back on so i went to login and it said i was banned once again and i recieved an email telling me i was banned for gil spamming. So i called and they said you need to talk to a GM in game but i cant get into the game period they said they dont know what to do that i should just wait to see if they unban (they did not) so i will never buy another SE online game again so FFXIV can just go F off.
  • SkuallSkuall UnknowPosts: 1,280Member Uncommon

i forgot my ID for FFXI , and was able to recover it np, SE will ask u about EVERYTHING , they take the ID very seriusly.

now talking about FFXIV u know u can get another copy really cheap? like 5$?, u will start from scratch but ...

• Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Chickasha, OKPosts: 584Member
    and the reason why there so anal about the ID is because you could be a rmt who wants this chr because of what it has , strip it down sell off items leaving you with nothing it happens to a friend of mine. Then SE made most high $ items non tradeable. And it helped stop that sort of thing

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Mt marion, NYPosts: 1,534Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by supermike27
    SE is the worst when it comes to customer support. I bought the CE edition day 1 and played for 2 days i went to work tried to login when i got home said my account is banned i called called and called and they wouldnt tell me why and they have no way of asking a GM so their suggestion was wait til it unbans me which they said will be a few days probably and ask them myself. I waited and waited for 1 full week and i called them back and the guy said i was banned for gil spamming which is a 3 day ban the first time i told him i was at work and i dont even know what that means he stated i was trying to sell gil (Which i wasnt). he said give it one more day. I did i recieved a Email saying my account was turned back on so i went to login and it said i was banned once again and i recieved an email telling me i was banned for gil spamming. So i called and they said you need to talk to a GM in game but i cant get into the game period they said they dont know what to do that i should just wait to see if they unban (they did not) so i will never buy another SE online game again so FFXIV can just go F off.

That doesn't sound right. Gil spamming would earn you a perma-ban with SE. ANYTHING that's RMT-related, or could be construed as such, will earn you a perma-ban. A friend of mine's girlfriend was in-game and, for whatever reason, managed to do something that SE's anti-RMT software flagged as RMT-like behavior and she was banned, flat out. No "3 days" or second chances.

Perhaps they lightened up since then and realized their system wasn't flawless.

Curious, though.. Did you check for keyloggers or anything else? Did anyone else have access to your info? Did you have your security token attached to your account? Because the only way I can see your account having been flagged for RMT-like activity - and it wasn't you - is someone else gaining access to your account and doing it.

It's not like SE randomly picks names from a hat and decides "let's flag them for gil spamming". Something was going on there to make them notice you, out of thousands of other players.

This, of course, assumes you're giving the whole story and not leaving out key details... We'll never know that.

• postpwnpostpwn Tustin, CAPosts: 87Member
    Square Enix has NO idea how the Internet works.
  • EdeusEdeus Stamford, CTPosts: 506Member

What do you mean you don't have the original credit card from when you bought the game 5 years ago? 

Oh wait, this is the FFXIV forum and game is only 2 years old... thought I was in FFXI for a second there.

Taru-Gallante-Blood elf-Elysean-Kelari-Crime Fighting-Imperial Agent