Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall UW "gameplay"

1235»

Comments

• Params7Params7 Member UncommonPosts: 212

Adventurine needs to hire someone from the media who know how to make trailers. Even a trailer about the lore in Darkfall would do as long as it isn't as amateurish as the one's they've been putting out.

• naljejanaljeja Member Posts: 94
    Originally posted by Arnoagns

To us that aren't hyped this video looks like an attempt to give gameplay while covering it up at the same time. Rationally, I think they want to sell a graphical update to earn a bit more money and settle debts. I don't think the community of DF even knows their plans, that's way too transparent for AV. The excuses given by the players on their behalf are, frankly, sad and baseless.

You are mistaken.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045

Rationally, I think they want to sell a graphical update to earn a bit more money and settle debts

Is that why they are giving away the client to over 150000. (Free) Settle debts?  One company alone invested over $3.4 million into AV this year and they partnered with another for a launch in ASia.  You couldn't be more uninformed image

• ArnoagnsArnoagns Member Posts: 100
    Originally posted by Hancakes

Rationally, I think they want to sell a graphical update to earn a bit more money and settle debts

Is that why they are giving away the client to over 150000. (Free) Settle debts?  One company alone invested over $3.4 million into AV this year and they partnered with another for a launch in ASia.  You couldn't be more uninformed image

Do not forget the fee and that you do not know how much this cost to make. Free is not the word to be used here when you are still paying something, I hope you know that. Where is the information to the company that invested into AV, who? You do enjoy that emoticon, but it's ironical since it most accurately represents yourself.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Hancakes

Do not forget the fee and that you do not know how much this cost to make. Free is not the word to be used here when you are still paying something, I hope you know that. Where is the information to the company that invested into AV, who? You do enjoy that emoticon, but it's ironical since it most accurately represents yourself.

Perhaps you should do a little research before making such ridiculous statements.  Since you seem unable I'll give you a few hints Mgame & InternetQ , there's even a post about one of them a few post down. image

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Hardly any information or videos on this,can not force myself to buy or play this as it is. Nothing is know and for non df1 players this will hurt any chances of df2 being any more or less successful than the first. Poor advertizement and information :/ Sounded like something i would like, but just cant throw money on a game i have no clue what its about.
  • ZushakonZushakon Member UncommonPosts: 148
    Originally posted by Onomas
    Hardly any information or videos on this,can not force myself to buy or play this as it is. Nothing is know and for non df1 players this will hurt any chances of df2 being any more or less successful than the first. Poor advertizement and information :/ Sounded like something i would like, but just cant throw money on a game i have no clue what its about.

Well then why not just wait for a few days? Soon there will be floods of videos and info from players playing the game. Do not see the problem honestly.

Darkfall Unholy Wars:
    Zushakon Odi

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    Originally posted by Zushakon

Well then why not just wait for a few days? Soon there will be floods of videos and info from players playing the game. Do not see the problem honestly.

This is what im doing. i will never pay for a game without seeing tons of actual game play videos or without trying it myself for free first.

• ZushakonZushakon Member UncommonPosts: 148
    Originally posted by DrunkWolf

This is what im doing. i will never pay for a game without seeing tons of actual game play videos or without trying it myself for free first.

That's the right thing to do, I feel it's kind of silly with all the people proclaiming they're not gonna play it because of lack of information.. just hold your horses for a little while and you'll get tons of information from people actually playing it.

Darkfall Unholy Wars:
    Zushakon Odi

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

Originally posted by Onomas Hardly any information or videos on this,can not force myself to buy or play this as it is. Nothing is know and for non df1 players this will hurt any chances of df2 being any more or less successful than the first. Poor advertizement and information :/ Sounded like something i would like, but just cant throw money on a game i have no clue what its about.
    DFO 1 was f2p for serveral months. That was there "try out DFO" campeign for anyone intrested in DF:UW. 

Look at all the old DFO siege videos and apply that to what we know about UW. UW will have classes, we know how their skills work. The combat system in DFO is essentially the same. Gameplay, outside the class system and the new skills, is essentially the same. Sieges are going to be, essentially the same. The crafting system, the merc system, the land towers, and demi-gods are the only things we don't know about. You should know if you want to play based on this info IMO.

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• SeronysSeronys Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Originally posted by Kenze

zigzag around and bunny hop those guys have skillz

yea bro i suppose sitting there autoattacking pressing 1 2 3 is a lot more skillfull.

• SeronysSeronys Member UncommonPosts: 51

That's the right thing to do, I feel it's kind of silly with all the people proclaiming they're not gonna play it because of lack of information.. just hold your horses for a little while and you'll get tons of information from people actually playing it.

those are just the select few, that the game could do without. At this point im kinda concerned that too many people are going to play it, mah server is guna be full D: