Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All those looking for a fun, player driven, excellent economy and player base. Check inside.

knuckledust13knuckledust13 Member Posts: 22

Play EVE Online today!

Despite what many people might say, in my opinion EVE is still the best MMO in the market right now. The theme isn't for everyone, neither is the crude and player driven nature of the game, but it is definitely amazing. I have just quit GW2 after being fooled by the overhype and broken promises of the developers, and found my refugee in EVE once again.

What can I say about the game? I can build my own empire, it all depends on your effort and dedication. Skill training will make you more proficient, and you can queue skills 24/7 so you only worry about PLAYING, thus you are able to do absolutely anything at day one. Want to pvp? Train some basic skills for a couple hours and then jump into 0.0 space. You will get blown up, losing your ship with its cargo? ABSOLUTELY YES, many and many times over. But one thing people say about EVE is true: you DO learn by losing ships and making mistakes. You learn how to play and that is what true player skill is.

EVE is primarily a P2P game but you can buy game time with in-game currency, through PLEX. I am a new player, been playing for two weeks, but I already have made enough ISK to pay for two more fucking months. Of course you will have to use your brain and be creative about how to make money on EVE - the game WILL NOT hold your hand whatsoever.

If you guys want to know any more details about the game, send me a inbox or ask here and I will be glad to answer. I can also offer 21 day buddy trial if you guys want to try the game, and gift those who subscribe under my link (mods: gifting people who subscribe under your referral link is an activity endorsed and monitored by CCP - baiting registrations and NOT gifting referees is a bannable offense, if you promise to): REGISTRATION LINK

Join me in this amazing game! definitely worth your time if you have been disappointed with all the themepark pos launched in the past years, including GW2. 

Cheers,

Knuckle

{ Mod Edit }

Comments

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    I love the concept and really tried to get into it but it was just alot of opening up menus within menus when i played it and it seemed very tedious.  Plus being stuck in a ship all day wasn't the greatest either 
  • EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868

I wish I could love this game but the lack of action combat just makes it so boring.

If EvE had a baby with Black Prophecy like would be grand.  Then again, maybe that's Star Citizen, who knows.

• knuckledust13knuckledust13 Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by hockeyplayr
    I love the concept and really tried to get into it but it was just alot of opening up menus within menus when i played it and it seemed very tedious.  Plus being stuck in a ship all day wasn't the greatest either 

Well mate, if you look closely it is how every MMO works. EVE is a LOT, believe me, a LOT less complicated once you figure out the game. I have been playing for a week and Im perfectly used to it even being a themepark player for the past 12 years.

Now on EVE you has an avatar that you can walk with etc, while you are docked into stations. Further development is being made so the avatars will be able to walk on mutual areas as well!

Originally posted by Entinerint

I wish I could love this game but the lack of action combat just makes it so boring.

If EvE had a baby with Black Prophecy like would be grand.  Then again, maybe that's Star Citizen, who knows.

I think the combat is awesome, primarily because of this: either you or your enemy will be blown up and lose your entire ship! This is very motivational and keeps your heart pumping during PvE and mainly during huge zerg fights!

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by knuckledust13

I think the combat is awesome, primarily because of this: either you or your enemy will be blown up and lose your entire ship! This is very motivational and keeps your heart pumping during PvE and mainly during huge zerg fights!

That concept is awesome, but it seems to take very little actual player skill, and comes down more to your loadout and stats, with the occasional need to push a button.

Orbit, activate auto-attack, wait.  That's about it.  I want to be involved in the combat, not a bystander.  I'm sure it gets more complex when you start dealing with ECMs, drones and other such things, but the combat just seems so sluggish and archaic to me.

All they'd have to do is give me real-time space sim combat and it'd be golden.  Everything else is great but it puts me to sleep when I play.

That said, glad you're having fun with it!  You're definitely not alone!

• Adhesive33Adhesive33 Member UncommonPosts: 227
    I've tried to get into EVE sooooo many times, but it just never sticks. I've found Perpetuum (EvE-clone-with-robots) to offer all of the same features, but to be a lot more engaging due to the combat mechanics. Unfortunately, the population is pretty much dead in Perpetuum, so I'll probably have to give EVE another shot if I want my sandbox fix. Although, maybe the Perpetuum population will get a decent boost once it launches on Steam in the next few months. 
  • OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Dont like flight sim games, if they had actualy characters that walked, visited planets, and fought outside of a ship i would be all over it. But that just isnt my style and dislike being limited to flight. But i do love the concept and it being a sandbox, just wisah that new dust54 (?) was an expansion allowing character interaction  :/
  • AzurealAzureal Member UncommonPosts: 235

I have been playing for a week

Ok, cool. Cheers.

PAST: UO-SWG-DAOC-WOW-DDO-VG-AOC-WAR-FE-DFO-LOTRO-RIFT-GW2
    PRESENT: Nothing
    FUTURE: ESO

• DresbainDresbain Member UncommonPosts: 40
    EvE is the best MMO I have played since SWG! <3

"Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome."

• LerxstLerxst Member UncommonPosts: 648

Eve's problem is age.  I don't mean outdated engine or anything.  You said it, you can queue skills 24/7.  Which means players who have been in the game for the last 8 years have also queued their skills 24/7 since day one.  You will never be in their league in the game.  Not only are you outmatched be a veteran player, but they're always going to have a several year jump on you when it comes to money, equipment, skills, etc.

The next generation of Eve with a large enough player base may prove an awesome experience.  Until then, enjoy being always and forever the little "scrub" in the game at this point.

Originally posted by Mallen78
    EvE is the best MMO I have played since SWG! <3

Interesting enough is that Im a former SWG player, just hadnt the same fun as I had playing SWG.. since I found EVE. Any other MMO nowadays simply doesn't offer enough freedom of choice and dont offer as much power to the players.

Originally posted by Lerxst

Eve's problem is age.  I don't mean outdated engine or anything.  You said it, you can queue skills 24/7.  Which means players who have been in the game for the last 8 years have also queued their skills 24/7 since day one.  You will never be in their league in the game.  Not only are you outmatched be a veteran player, but they're always going to have a several year jump on you when it comes to money, equipment, skills, etc.

The next generation of Eve with a large enough player base may prove an awesome experience.  Until then, enjoy being always and forever the little "scrub" in the game at this point.

Robokapp gave a pretty good explanation on why you are wrong on SO MANY levels, but I want to add some:

Doesn't matter if someone has been training for 8 years to master all skills in the game, because he hasn't reached even half. To train every skill in EVE to the max level, it is estimated about 22 years, thats right TWENTY AND TWO YEARS and this makes your entire point just wrong and invalid.

Before assuming things, you should jump in the game and get to know it. I can start training right now to absolutely MASTER researching blueprints, for instance. When I finish in a couple months, I will be better in this department than any 8 years veteran who hasn't done it. This applies for everything else.

Lastly, there is no "being behind everyone else" in EVE, because the game has SO MANY convergences. You can start playing right now and be a top notch industrialist in a year. Or you can run a player-based lottery and become trilionary like some are. Or you can start running a freight services corporation, and hire other players. 

Do not think about EVE with your limited themepark mind. Think outside the box ;)

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

I respect Eve

When I read the stories of back stabbing,espionage, swindling, and so on...it really intrigues me and makes me want to play..

but I can never last longer than a week..the gameplay is too slow and boring for me..

too much sitting and just watching your space ship do its thing.

I was hoping I would get into the Eve world through Dust,but its console only....blehhh

Originally posted by Robokapp

for me, eve is only slow until the cyno is dropped.

then I start thinking "FUCK I HAD A WHOLE 5 SECONDS TO WARP OUT BEFORE I GOT POINTED, WHAT WAS I THINKING".

then I realise "I thought if he points me, I mwd away from him. third time this month I forget about his webbifier. There goes this ship...".

then I'm sad.

I agree so much with this, that it also makes me deeply sad lol

I just won 1.5 billion ISK on a lottery sponsored by a big corporation :) EVE is awesome
  • KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    Although I don't play(could never get hooked) I still think eve is the best mmo currently available.
  • Arcondo87Arcondo87 Member Posts: 94
    i dont like being a ship....
  • KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 794

That concept is awesome, but it seems to take very little actual player skill, and comes down more to your loadout and stats, with the occasional need to push a button.

Orbit, activate auto-attack, wait.  That's about it.  I want to be involved in the combat, not a bystander.  I'm sure it gets more complex when you start dealing with ECMs, drones and other such things, but the combat just seems so sluggish and archaic to me.

All they'd have to do is give me real-time space sim combat and it'd be golden.  Everything else is great but it puts me to sleep when I play.

That said, glad you're having fun with it!  You're definitely not alone!

Obviously you never played eve, there are types of skill. What you talk about is twitch based arcade based skill.

Eve req. a lot of skill and knowledge as well as tactics. Be warned, ppl taking eve lightly pay dearly :)

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219
    I've been meaning to get going with EvE. As soon as I get off this rock!
  • TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575
    Originally posted by Arcondo87
    i dont like being a ship....

same here.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

I like EvE but I always wanted the whole walking/interacting in space stations to be developed further.

Now with Star Citizen coming there is some serious competition, also joystick combat like in good old Wing Commander times.

Also the new Elite game by Braben.

Guess EvE needs to head into some new innovative directions. They started off with Dust which is cool (should also be on PC though)

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• ZharreZharre Member UncommonPosts: 80

I hate EVE. Utterly despise it.

I spent 2 months years ago desperately trying to enjoy it, because I was sick of fantasy. I wanted sci-fi. A friend was playing EVE and loved it, so I went out of my way to try to find something to love in this game. All I did was develop the deepest hatred for a game I have ever known. 2 months and I never had one moment I can call legitimately 'fun'.

I hate the conspiracies, lying, swindling, griefing, pirating, and all the other 'lovely' stuff that brings out the absolute worst aspects of humanity I have ever encountered.

All that being said...

...I'm glad that EVE exists. I'm glad that it's successful. It shows proof that in the MMO space not only can a game survive WoW, it can also thrive after WoW changed the face of the MMO field (for the worst, IMO). 

...I'm glad Dust 514 is coming out, because while I've never been a fan of PC and console gamers attempting to co-exist in the same game world, I think a PC game and a console game having a common link and playing off each other sounds pretty freaking cool (even though I don't own a console and have no interest in Dust).

So, yeah, I suppose even a hater can appreciate something they hate. Rock on, EVE lovers. 

Originally posted by Zharre

2 months and I never had one moment I can call legitimately 'fun'.

I hate the conspiracies, lying, swindling, griefing, pirating, and all the other 'lovely' stuff that brings out the absolute worst aspects of humanity I have ever encountered.

I guess you went to play EVE with your old themepark mindset.

EVE is a game ran by players and with no 'carebear' rules. If you get scammed, it IS your fault, but in themepark MMOs the developers will take players by the hand and compensate them for something they brought upon themselves. In EVE this doesn't happen and it is AWESOME.

Even on a game, every action should have a reaction. In EVE this truly happens, whereas in common copycat themeparks you can report other players for swearing (instead of using the block function), for scamming (instead of using your brain and not send gold hoping to receive the double), for griefing (instead of dealing with it and moving on), and the list goes on. If anything, this aspect makes EVE a even better mmo.

Long story short: you were too used to have your hand held by the MMO developers, and didn't liked being thrown on a true sandbox atmosphere where you are held responsible for your actions. Don't take this as a offense.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

If it weren't space oriented I would have tried it. I just really don't enjoy space mmos.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

Originally posted by Robokapp

I thought I'd hate eve coming from WoW... what fun can you have without a shield, sword, and blood gushing out of your enemies?

I loved it instantly.  /shrug.

it's an admirable game. love it or hate it, it's one of those that creates something that I'm glad exists. Not because it survives WoW but because it's an opposite extreme, hopefully providing an inspiration for others to create eventually the shield and sword equivalent that many of us would love.

edit: once a wormhole closed and I had no scanner. the GM response was basically "deal with it". Well...now I know not to be retarded. Despite how I just lost my drake 5 minutes ago tryin to single-handedly save a hotdropped carrier in a sanctrum.

turns out EVE doesnt hide your own stupidity from yourself. And I'm not proud of going head-first into 20 enemies but I should've known better. So should the carrier owner.

+ for learning with your own mistakes, and not having your hand held through it just. This is how learning works in real life and should be how learning worked in every mmo