Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is Bioware Selling Bikini Panties in Their Shop?

Comments

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

did you see the first three star wars movies?

does the name "leia organa" ring any bells?

if not, watch star wars.

if, well, that's why ^^

the story behind is is actually that the star wars universe is full of slaves.

and sexy slaves are dressed sexy, usualy been done like that since rome :)

so, for real, what are you guys complaining about? that your version of star wars was censored? :)

ps: uh, wait, forgot where i write this. and the reason why jedis and sith are "allowed" to wear the items worn in star wars is simply for RP reasons.

or most of you guys would go like "why cant i wear this and that which they had in the movies mimi"

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    I always thought the game should add skirts. How they have it was either robes or pants, seemed a little off to me. thinking panties may be going abit far though.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by gigat
    Originally posted by Karteli

Not sure, but if they got a patent on that design they could make a fortune.  Good mixture of cloth and metal... or is that leather?

The other angles:

...snip... 

snip.

What's the deal with the axe?

As Tiefighter said, it's the Gamorrean Axe.  I'll add that it's also available in the cash shop, I believe it only comes from the most expensive gambling Pack, the one that is $4 a pop.  It has a low loot rate.

I suppose it's an item of envy .. everyone else only has lightsabers .. but the wielder has a primitive axe ...

If EA was going to add crazy items, I'd rather see a lightsaber with a rainbow crystal...

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

Originally posted by OG_Zorvan
    Originally posted by Thane

if not, watch star wars.

if, well, that's why ^^

Did you? Leia wore the bikini as a slave for a short time in the beginning of Return of the Jedi. So a couple scenes in one movie makes it iconic for everyone and their sister to run everywhere in a bikini?

Last I checked, there is no "slave class" when you choose your character.

Maybe they should make one. Then, everyone who wants to wear a bikini can make a slave and stand around all day chained to a pole while a dancing script does all of their playing for them.

I never saw Leia running around in a small bikini interacting with Vader or other characters .. or seeing her in full upper garb but only wearing a see through bottom g-string, while holding a smoking blaster in her outstretched arms ..

Not that there is anything wrong with that .. but Star Wars wouldn't be much of a family movie then, and, I think Star Wars would have taken to a different crowd  .. and SWTOR probably would have never existed to even talk about it now anyways :-P

Makes for good video games though .. best not to relate it to the movies.  SWTOR makes little sense to the movies anyways .. common folk using the force, even though they never spent a day in training? oh yeah legacy!

• reb007reb007 Member UncommonPosts: 613

Not sure, but if they got a patent on that design they could make a fortune.  Good mixture of cloth and metal... or is that leather?

The other angles:

...snip... 

snip.

As Tiefighter said, it's the Gamorrean Axe.  I'll add that it's also available in the cash shop, I believe it only comes from the most expensive gambling Pack, the one that is $4 a pop.  It has a low loot rate.

I suppose it's an item of envy .. everyone else only has lightsabers .. but the wielder has a primitive axe ...

If EA was going to add crazy items, I'd rather see a lightsaber with a rainbow crystal...

Yea it just seemed out of place until Tiefighter mentioned the Gamorrean.  I'm not complaining, was just curious why a SWTOR character was holding an axe.  Seems odd for some reason.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

The other angles:

...snip... 

snip.

Rainbow crystal? Errr.... LOL

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

I have an idea what EA can add to swtor cash shop for all classes that use guns.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by Thane

if not, watch star wars.

if, well, that's why ^^

Did you? Leia wore the bikini as a slave for a short time in the beginning of Return of the Jedi. So a couple scenes in one movie makes it iconic for everyone and their sister to run everywhere in a bikini?

Last I checked, there is no "slave class" when you choose your character.

Maybe they should make one. Then, everyone who wants to wear a bikini can make a slave and stand around all day chained to a pole while a dancing script does all of their playing for them.

I never saw Leia running around in a small bikini interacting with Vader or other characters .. or seeing her in full upper garb but only wearing a see through bottom g-string, while holding a smoking blaster in her outstretched arms ..

Not that there is anything wrong with that .. but Star Wars wouldn't be much of a family movie then, and, I think Star Wars would have taken to a different crowd  .. and SWTOR probably would have never existed to even talk about it now anyways :-P

Makes for good video games though .. best not to relate it to the movies.  SWTOR makes little sense to the movies anyways .. common folk using the force, even though they never spent a day in training? oh yeah legacy!

SWG entertainer class had similar outfits and I don't recall much complaining about it then.

Originally posted by Sevenstar61

The other angles:

...snip... 

snip.

Rainbow crystal? Errr.... LOL

What better way to really devastate your enemies than to create a rainbow with every swing? :-)  An item of pride and humiliation to your enemies at the same time!

• ShadewoodShadewood Member Posts: 8
    I couldn't care less if they objecfiy women, just as long as I can get a similar outfit for my male character, which exposes a nice amount of man flesh and abs. I was highly dissappointed to see no such item for a male character on the list, which is a shame considering the amount of straight female and gay male players who play the game, who may want to buy such an item. Get with the times, Bioware. If you're going to objectify one gender, at least objectify the other in similar ways; or none at all. 
    Originally posted by Shadewood
    I couldn't care less if they objecfiy women, just as long as I can get a similar outfit for my male character, which exposes a nice amount of man flesh and abs. I was highly dissappointed to see no such item for a male character on the list, which is a shame considering the amount of straight female and gay male players who play the game, who may want to buy such an item. Get with the times, Bioware. If you're going to objectify one gender, at least objectify the other in similar ways; or none at all. 

Lots of posts still on forum requesting SSR. One day BioWare will cave in and add it. There were speculations that Lucas did not agree to it (we all know BioWare is not shy about it). The question is if it was the truth and if it was, if changing from Lucas to Disney will change it.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

Lots of posts still on forum requesting SSR. One day BioWare will cave in and add it. There were speculations that Lucas did not agree to it (we all know BioWare is not shy about it). The question is if it was the truth and if it was, if changing from Lucas to Disney will change it.

Hmm

George Lucas Gives to No on 8 Effort, Notables Follow Suit

October 24, 2008

http://sfist.com/2008/10/24/george_lucas.php

Sympathetic with the plight Jabba's gay uncle, Ziro the Hutt, as well as countless same-sex couples throughout California, Marin County resident and filmmaker George Lucas, plunked down a cool $50,000 to the No on 8 effort. But wait, there's more! Lucasfilm, George's company perched in the Presidio, donated an additional $50,000 to boot.

Maybe PR .. and $100k is chump change .. but I guess if Lucas didn't believe in something, he wouldn't give anything.

If you have links that show Lucas didn't agree with SGRA's, please share!

Hmm

George Lucas Gives to No on 8 Effort, Notables Follow Suit

October 24, 2008

http://sfist.com/2008/10/24/george_lucas.php

Sympathetic with the plight Jabba's gay uncle, Ziro the Hutt, as well as countless same-sex couples throughout California, Marin County resident and filmmaker George Lucas, plunked down a cool $50,000 to the No on 8 effort. But wait, there's more! Lucasfilm, George's company perched in the Presidio, donated an additional $50,000 to boot.

Maybe PR .. and $100k is chump change .. but I guess if Lucas didn't believe in something, he wouldn't give anything.

If you have links that show Lucas didn't agree with SGRA's, please share!

I don't have it, just speculations from SWTOR forum, why BioWare did not implemented in in SWTOR while they did in ME. I guess it's a good thing that it was not lincence. At least it looks like..

It's not about "caving", this is a Bioware game, and if you've played previous Bioware games, they've features SGRA's [Jade Empire, KOTOR, Dragon Age, Mass Effect]. So it's only natural when people play these previous games, that many come to expect similar themes in SWTOR. The company dared to be different, set a progressive stance and stuck with it in their previous games. That's the problem, really. To make matters worse, Bioware stated "Same Gender Romance Arcs" would be added "SHORTLY" after launch. Its been nearly a year, so I can hardly blame people for being dissappointed with the company.  If it was reversed. and OGRA's were cut, many would be annoyed too. Especially since these were naturally, also in Bioware games.

And about Disney, well.. Disney's gotten a lot more proggressive over the years. They have equal employee spousal benefits for same sex couples, along with allowing allowing same sex weddings in their parks. There's also "Gay Day" in Disney World, which is one of the largest pride parades held in the world. I think there's a good chance Disney's probably not going to get involved.

• atuerstaratuerstar Member Posts: 234

There is a much more serious issue at hand here.

This being the buttocks that look like they crush rock for a living and the unmentionable area that looks like a carpenters chisel!

I'll be honest here - SWTOR is the only game where I played a male as the female models were downright offensive. Sarcasm begin Somehow this didnt affect my sexuality! /Sarcasm end.

It's not about "caving", this is a Bioware game, and if you've played previous Bioware games, they've features SGRA's [Jade Empire, KOTOR, Dragon Age, Mass Effect]. So it's only natural when people play these previous games, that many come to expect similar themes in SWTOR. The company dared to be different, set a progressive stance and stuck with it in their previous games. That's the problem, really. To make matters worse, Bioware stated "Same Gender Romance Arcs" would be added "SHORTLY" after launch. Its been nearly a year, so I can hardly blame people for being dissappointed with the company.  If it was reversed. and OGRA's were cut, many would be annoyed too. Especially since these were naturally, also in Bioware games.

And about Disney, well.. Disney's gotten a lot more proggressive over the years. They have equal employee spousal benefits for same sex couples, along with allowing allowing same sex weddings in their parks. There's also "Gay Day" in Disney World, which is one of the largest pride parades held in the world. I think there's a good chance Disney's probably not going to get involved.

Thanks for this post. That's clarifying a lot. My use of cave in word was not the best :). I meant it as they would make it priority 1 or 2 instead of end of their list.

I hope they would add this option after F2P will go live, I have level 4 male sith warrior who would love to have some good talk with Quinn LOL.

I think the difference is all those other games were singleplayer. You never had to see a bunch of "gay" characters running around or kissing in cutscenes unless you wanted to play that way. In an online game, it's hard to have that content without offending those who don't want to see it/have it around them.

Me personally, I don't care. I'm just explaining a probable reason.

Yeah, there are as many "I quit" if you add it posts on SWTOR forum as "I quit" if you don't add it. The only option that would satisfy all would be a toggle "on" or "off" option in UI.

• SetsunSetsun Member UncommonPosts: 286
    "sad"? beautiful! slave look right there.
  • OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

Originally posted by Crazy_Stick

I was looking over Duffy’s site HERE regarding the F2P shop items and prices and stumbled on the bikini panties they are selling. Is this for real. I mean really? I never thought their cash grab would come to this... this quickly.

I know they want to make money but is this the way to go about it? STO has Orion Slave girls and didn’t go this far. I appreciate a fine female figure and all but, come on man! Where is the line? It's a Star Wars RPG game not a sex on the beach simulation. Here is a screen shot of one pair you can get:  Is this the best they can come up with to cash in rather than actual new content to buy? I am not a prude but are they going too far to make a dime too easy by cashing in on our worst instincts? There are super hero games with a better dress code man... I like sexy women but I also admire intelligence class and all that too which work together to make a female hero. What happened to the story? Just sell T&A now? Just LOL. I wonder if it'll work? Are we game players that easy to milk for a few dollars? Or do "we" have any class? LOL. I never thought I'd be posting this... O.o (Edited to fight the typo monster that follows me around.)

They're not making any buy them or wear them. It's a pointless argument in regards to role playing. What the problem is?

It's not really a BioWare game, as anyone would expect.  BioWare sold their company to EA in 2007.  The Doctors who created these games left (presumably after their 5 year post-sale obligation expired).  Upon sale, nobodies heart or soul was in the game.  It's all EA.  And EA says alot of things for every game in their portfolio to keep profits high.

I admire your passion though.

I think the difference is all those other games were singleplayer. You never had to see a bunch of "gay" characters running around or kissing in cutscenes unless you wanted to play that way. In an online game, it's hard to have that content without offending those who don't want to see it/have it around them.

Me personally, I don't care. I'm just explaining a probable reason.

Same Gendered content would purely optional, just like oppossite gendered content is. It's not like you're not going to have a lightsaber to your throat, with some sith lord saying "PICK THE OPTION TO FLIRT WITH THE GUY, or I will sever your head". Also, companion cutscenes are an entirely private affair, so the only way people are going to know about your same gendered romance with your smokin' companion, is it you tell someone about it. 

The only way anybody is going to be "offended", is if they choose to be offended. It's simple as that.

Originally posted by wonderwise
    "sad"? beautiful! slave look right there.

My Assasin loves his slave/apprentice and always encourage her to wear her favorite outfit. Need to get better screenshot :)

• UronksurUronksur Member UncommonPosts: 310

About the same-gender relationships, I really hate to say it, but I think a lot of you are underestimating just how bigoted a lot of people still are about such things.

Good God, I remember watching election coverage and watching CNN interview conservative Evangelical Christian voters in Ohio or Iowa or something, and they were just fine telling the media that they were voting for Romney to keep those horrible gay people in the closet and from destroying this super-awesome Christian nation with their nefarious evil gay agenda and how they just couldn't see how any True Christian(TM) could ever support those wicked homosexuals and baby killing so Obama must be either a secret atheist/muslim/socialist.

This caused me to lose faith in humanity somewhat. So you might have to consider the possiblity that EA/Bioware hasn't implemented them yet because they are afraid of a market backlash of parents screaming that EA/Bioware is trying to indoctrinate their children with the liberal agenda. Remember that while these same-sex relationships were in Dragon Age and Mass Effect (I think, right?), those games were rated M while SWTOR is T, and could possibly have more children playing. And even then, same-sex relationships in DA and ME were hardly announced too loudly.

And even with ALL of that, a moronic Fox News segment still labled Mass Effect as some depraved alien sex simulator. Here, you can watch it for laughs and more evidence that Fox News is pure idiocy not to mention Fox getting totally humilated. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKzF173GqTU

By the way, I studied psych in college so I hope you will give me some credit when I say that Fox's "psychologist" is full of crap.

The meaning of tolerance is to be tolerant to all points of views. We might not be able to understand or comprehend others but we should respect their views, as long as they do not impart them on others.

Until people will have more love and tolerance for others and accept everybody for who he/she is... we will always have problem. I understand though that bioWare wants to play safe, the only way they can indroduce it to game imo, is if there will be toogle on and off.

Originally posted by Uronksur

About the same-gender relationships, I really hate to say it, but I think a lot of you are underestimating just how bigoted a lot of people still are about such things.

Good God, I remember watching election coverage and watching CNN interview conservative Evangelical Christian voters in Ohio or Iowa or something, and they were just fine telling the media that they were voting for Romney to keep those horrible gay people in the closet and from destroying this super-awesome Christian nation with their nefarious evil gay agenda and how they just couldn't see how any True Christian(TM) could ever support those wicked homosexuals and baby killing so Obama must be either a secret atheist/muslim/socialist.

This caused me to lose faith in humanity somewhat. So you might have to consider the possiblity that EA/Bioware hasn't implemented them yet because they are afraid of a market backlash of parents screaming that EA/Bioware is trying to indoctrinate their children with the liberal agenda. Remember that while these same-sex relationships were in Dragon Age and Mass Effect (I think, right?), those games were rated M while SWTOR is T, and could possibly have more children playing. And even then, same-sex relationships in DA and ME were hardly announced too loudly.

And even with ALL of that, a moronic Fox News segment still labled Mass Effect as some depraved alien sex simulator. Here, you can watch it for laughs and more evidence that Fox News is pure idiocy not to mention Fox getting totally humilated. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKzF173GqTU

By the way, I studied psych in college so I hope you will give me some credit when I say that Fox's "psychologist" is full of crap.

Older games had SG twists, it's not anything new.  Politicians treat it as such because ... they are biggots.

It was somewhere around Ultima 4-6, in the 80's early 90's when the main character met a group of traveling gypsies.  Sex preference was inquired upon.  It was part of the adventure :P  It didn't affect the overall story.

I'm less inclined to buy EA Games now because I think they are a bunch of liars.  I think they are still promising SGRA, even though they promised it last year .. /sigh