Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall UW "gameplay"

Comments

• FaleshFalesh Member UncommonPosts: 78
    There is no information on when we will be able to buy or download the game. Stating that you will not be able to buy the game until days after release is silly unless you have some proof to post.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Falesh
    There is no information on when we will be able to buy or download the game. Stating that you will not be able to buy the game until days after release is silly unless you have some proof to post.

Yes there is information. 

"Darkfall: Unholy Wars will be available for PC, via digital download, on November 20, 2012."

There is no information to the contrary. Just random number dude talking. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Originally posted by bcbully

"Darkfall: Unholy Wars will be available for PC, via digital download, on November 20, 2012."

Oops, my mistake. I was just trying to think of any posts about any delayed buying and came up blank and that blank transfered to the rest of my post. ;)

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045

Assuming you will and getting people hopes up is silly.   Unholy Wars will be a disasters if they open it to everyone Day 1.

Originally posted by Hancakes

Assuming you will and getting people hopes up is silly.   Unholy Wars will be a disasters if they open it to everyone Day 1.

Why will it be a disaster? Because there will be too much demand?

DId you forget the first release? image  And that was only 7000-16000 people in the first WAVE!!!  It doesn't take a ton of people to flood the starting areas and bring the server to its knees. (well before hitting the 10000 cap)

Do you really think DF-UW will be a failure compared to DF!? How many of the past 150000 DF players will try UW for only the cost of a subsciption?

why do you think AV has been putting out such short/crappy videos?

DId you forget the first release? image  And that was only 15-20K people in the first WAVE!!!  It doesn't take a ton of people to flood the starting areas and bring the server to its knees. (well before hitting the 10000 cap)

Do you really think DF-UW will be a failure compared to DF!?

That was their first release so they hadn't been able to stress test their system for the demand they experienced. They now have more funding and also have been able to test a lot of their software during the life of Darkfall. Sure there could be issues as there are for most big game releases but I don't see why there has to be. If you want to think it will be a disaster then fine, but that doesn't mean it will be.

I think DF:UW will be a success. I think it will have less people at launch then there were at the original release but I think this time they will gain players as time goes on rather then lose them.

DId you forget the first release? image  And that was only 15-20K people in the first WAVE!!!  It doesn't take a ton of people to flood the starting areas and bring the server to its knees. (well before hitting the 10000 cap)

That was their first release so they hadn't been able to stress test their system for the demand they experienced. They now have more funding and also have been able to test a lot of their software during the life of Darkfall. S

They're using the exact same server clusters and at no time has AV stated they've increase the games capabilities above the 10000 mark. image 

Why do you think there isnt a DF-UW website, forum or advertising? Yet , you say AV now has more funding!!

That was their first release so they hadn't been able to stress test their system for the demand they experienced. They now have more funding and also have been able to test a lot of their software during the life of Darkfall. S

They're using the exact same server clusters and at no time has AV stated they've increase the games capabilities above the 10000 mark. image  Why do you think there isnt a DF-UW website and forum?

They haven't increased above the 10k mark, if more try to log in they will be put in a queue.

They're using the exact same server clusters and at no time has AV stated they've increase the games capabilities above the 10000 mark. image  Why do you think there isnt a DF-UW website and forum?

They haven't increased above the 10k mark, if more try to log in they will be put in a queue.

Then why are you trying to make the servers sound more capable now?  Care to comment on my other question above?

• 123443211234123443211234 Member UncommonPosts: 244
    Originally posted by bcbully

Damn you guys are thick.  The digital download is for PEOPLE THAT ALREADY OWN THE GAME!   You still haven't found a valid link to where DF: UW is available for purchase.  BECAUSE THERE ISN'T ONE!!   If you don't already own Darkfall you won't be playing on launch day.  Deal with it.

P.S.  I don't know why you guys are even looking at this game.  With the amount of whine in your posts there is no way in hell you can handle a full loot game.

Then why are you trying to make the servers sound more capable now?  Care to comment on my other question above?

I never said they could handle more then 10k online at the same time which is why they will use a queue. With regards to the launch they are not going to be using the same software/hardware combination that they did the first time so why shouldn't it be different? They have had years to test and improve their login system. They have the stats and hindsight about launch day and have also changed their shop system.

With regards to why they don't have a better DF:UW site, that is probably because they suck at that kind of thing. With regards to the forum it is probably because they already have one and making a new one might mean some old forum members who they wish to get to play DF:UW miss the change. Or it could be because they suck at that kind of thing. *shrug*

Originally posted by 123443211234
    Damn you guys are thick.  The digital download is for PEOPLE THAT ALREADY OWN THE GAME! You still haven't found a valid link to where DF: UW is available for purchase. BECAUSE THERE ISN'T ONE!! If you don't already own Darkfall you won't be playing on launch day. Deal with it.

P.S.  I don't know why you guys are even looking at this game.  With the amount of whine in your posts there is no way in hell you can handle a full loot game.

You can't find a place to buy it now because they aren't selling it now. Taking that fact and changing it to mean you cannot buy it on the 20th is a strange and illogical thing to do.

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338

You can't find a place to buy it now because they aren't selling it now. Taking that fact and changing it to mean you cannot buy it on the 20th is a strange and illogical thing to do.

Actually it was the fact that AV's blog said to 'make sure you have the correct email on your account and everything is in order' for the 20th.  The implication is that people with valid accounts are going to get an email that the general public is not.

It's quite likely they will judge demand by seeing the response of existing customers after that email goes out.

I seriously doubt the general public will be in on the 20th based on those comments, which may or may not be illogical to you - but it sounds like AV logic to me.

Originally posted by psykobilly

Actually it was the fact that AV's blog said to 'make sure you have the correct email on your account and everything is in order' for the 20th.  The implication is that people with valid accounts are going to get an email that the general public is not.

It's quite likely they will judge demand by seeing the response of existing customers after that email goes out.

I seriously doubt the general public will be in on the 20th based on those comments, which may or may not be illogical to you - but it sounds like AV logic to me. 

That could be for anything though. It could be for a few days of beta stress test, for early downloading of the client, for fluff perks given to old DF players or a host of other things. The only actual information we have from AV on whether people can buy the game on the 20th is that they can.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    Originally posted by psykobilly

That could be for anything though. It could be for a few days of beta stress test, for early downloading of the client, for fluff perks given to old DF players or a host of other things. The only actual information we have from AV on whether people can buy the game on the 20th is that they can.

Since anyone that has bought original df will get df uw for free, it could just be little more than that.  But as you said would be a waste not to use the free downloads to stress test etc..

Originally posted by Falesh. The only actual information we have from AV on whether people can buy the game on the 20th is that they can.

How do you come to that conclusion ?image

How do you expect the previous Darkfall owners to get UW?   AV secretly mailing out disks? image

Originally posted by Falesh. The only actual information we have from AV on whether people can buy the game on the 20th is that they can.

How do you expect the previous Darkfall owners to get UW?   AV secretly mailing out disks? image

I hope you are not being serious...

I come to that conclusion because they said it will be available on the 20th. I expect previous Darkfall owners to get DF:UW by digital download.

Originally posted by Falesh. Darkfall: Unholy Wars will be available for PC, via digital download, on November 20, 2012.

I come to that conclusion because they said it will be available on the 20th. I expect previous Darkfall owners to get DF:UW by digital download.

Umm. ...So where does it say anything about buy/purchase? So you can keep guessing and I'll make an informed opinion based on Darkfall last release.  But dont going around acting like its fact, because your statement is BS.~ "The only actual information we have from AV on whether people can buy the game on the 20th is that they can."

Originally posted by Falesh. Darkfall: Unholy Wars will be available for PC, via digital download, on November 20, 2012.

Umm. ...So where does it say anything about buy/purchase? So you can keep guessing and I'll make an informed opinion based on Darkfall last release.  But dont going around acting like its fact, because your statement is BS.~ "The only actual information we have from AV on whether people can buy the game on the 20th is that they can." 

I'll leave it to others to make their mind up on whether "Darkfall: Unholy Wars will be available for PC, via digital download, on November 20, 2012." means people can buy it on the 20th or not. I see no point continuing this with you.

• langstondoglangstondog Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Ugh, why they just put time into creating a trailer to get excited about. This was poorly and amuturely made in my own opinion. 
    Originally posted by langstondog
    Ugh, why they just put time into creating a trailer to get excited about. This was poorly and amuturely made in my own opinion. 

I agree the video was garbage.  The games either in really rough shape or they are pumping out poor videos on purpose.

• GadzyGadzy Member Posts: 143

They're using the exact same server clusters and at no time has AV stated they've increase the games capabilities above the 10000 mark. image 

Why do you think there isnt a DF-UW website, forum or advertising? Yet , you say AV now has more funding!!

Yo, brosephine.

InternetQ invested millions of Euros in Aventurine for the development and release of UW. This information is publicly available. I think that's why he says AV has more funds. Just sayin.

Originally posted by Gadzy

Yo, brosephine.

InternetQ invested millions of Euros in Aventurine for the development and release of UW. This information is publicly available. I think that's why he says AV has more funds. Just sayin.

I'm fully aware of the InternetQ deal, I even posted it here.  ( Is AV selling out post ) My point was AV has the funds but is choosing not to use them for the items listed above.  

• ArnoagnsArnoagns Member Posts: 100

To us that aren't hyped this video looks like an attempt to give gameplay while covering it up at the same time. Rationally, I think they want to sell a graphical update to earn a bit more money and settle debts. I don't think the community of DF even knows their plans, that's way too transparent for AV. The excuses given by the players on their behalf are, frankly, sad and baseless.

• jahgreenjahgreen Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Originally posted by Arnoagns

To us that aren't hyped this video looks like an attempt to give gameplay while covering it up at the same time. Rationally, I think they want to sell a graphical update to earn a bit more money and settle debts. I don't think the community of DF even knows their plans, that's way too transparent for AV. The excuses given by the players on their behalf are, frankly, sad and baseless.

Too bad that even with all the negativity DF 2 will be the best game on the market haha.