Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Bless Announced by Neowiz

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

During this week's G-Star 2012, Neowiz announced Bless, its 'photo-realistic' MMO currently in development. Along with the announcement, Neowiz released a teaser site and a trailer to introduce the game. Enjoy!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• health001health001 Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Sweet sandbox....Last dude looks like a zergathon
  • bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    thats not photo realistic , considering they already started lieing to me I'm not interested. It's really easy to get lured in by nice graphics, but i learned my lesson with tera. Those nice graphics come at a cost they take time and money, which cuts into other thing. 

sandbox is now a buzz word most of the people who thinks they like sandbox games most likely do not even know what  a sandbox game is

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    another arcade style combat,  nice environment,  anime characters,  korean mmo.   no thanks.
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    This isn't Tera? Seriously?
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

@ the people who claim this looks like TERA.

Did you start playing Dragon Age and say "What is this, Lord of the rings?"

I mean honestly, if you can't help compare everything to everything else, you are gunna have a bad time.  Just enjoy it for what it is, stop trying to make things into things they are not.

• KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 794
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

@ the people who claim this looks like TERA.

Did you start playing Dragon Age and say "What is this, Lord of the rings?"

I mean honestly, if you can't help compare everything to everything else, you are gunna have a bad time.  Just enjoy it for what it is, stop trying to make things into things they are not.

They are obviously trolling, same ppl as well.

If they dont like the style their choice, i personaly dont like artstyle of majority of eu "realistic" or not mmo as they are usualy plain ugly.

And i refuse to play a game that dont looks up to its time, even if its the most revolutionary thing if it looks like 1993 i wont play it :)

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    This could be a fun game as long as it's not just a generic grind, but since it's from Asia there's not much of chance for that. I hope this game will be more, but I'm afraid it ends up like TERA, TERA has really nice combat and it looks good, but the gameplay structure is as soulless grind fest as it can get, with the annoying Asian style single weapon locked to a class. Hoping for the best, but expecting the worse here.
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    MMORPG.com... You guys are really slow on the uptake or just don't cover anything outside of the NA because I've literally known aboout this game for months.

Smile

• KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 794
    Originally posted by Razeekster
    MMORPG.com... You guys are really slow on the uptake or just don't cover anything outside of the NA because I've literally known aboout this game for months.

You are kind right about that, a lot of asian games are either not covered or mentioned 6 months later.

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    Honestly looks like a great game!
  • SeptdeezSeptdeez Member UncommonPosts: 21
    I think it looks similar to TERA but I don't see a problem with that. If it has better questing than TERA had I think it could be awesome.
  • DrognatarDrognatar Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Woo, that looks really nice, i say, a good gameplay is all, but a game with good gameplay AND fantastic grafik is better.
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Why all the sparkling stuff? Really? Does every single hit, no matter how insignificant, have to come with a blinding flash of sparkles?
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Originally posted by tom_gore
    Why all the sparkling stuff? Really? Does every single hit, no matter how insignificant, have to come with a blinding flash of sparkles?

It depends on how it bonds with the effects of others. Generally speaking, easter mmorpgs combat give the feeling of impact both visually and auditorily better than their western counterparts. On the other hand, having tons of flashy effects by multiple players weakens the experience (latest example is GW2).

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Sorry but this I'm calling for community rejection, we have to many mmorpg's already dividing up the base and its killing the genre, I used to be an avid paintballer and I watched field after field open up and divide the player base, then it dumbed down the games then I watched field after field close, the same has happened here, stick with the tried and true people, stick with world of warcraft, rift, GW2, or swtor, .... We should make a list of ten games and reject the rest, I know there is going to be disagreement in the list of ten, but at least those ten will flourish as they should without all this garbage destroying the genre.
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Didn't really learn much about the game from the video, but it looked cool I guess..
  • DakirnDakirn Member UncommonPosts: 372

It looks like a video.  How can you say it looks like a great game?

I'm so tired of these videos that show nothing and then everyone is so enthralled by the pretty stuff that forget games are more about the animations.

Their site is completely void of any real information on the game.  I've seen enough "pretty" games that were complete crap to play, thanks.

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593

Looks awesome, plus theres more news out there for it now. Cant wait. After GW2 with its "no grind" attitude, I want a grindfest.

Tired of everyone in top gear after the 1st week.

Dosent look like TERA. I have no clue where people are getting this...Trolls?

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

sorry given that asian style anime is super fking easy to produce... until i see actual gameplay videos and i mean actual gameplay im not going to believe a fking word of this. 

also photo realism just seems stupid in a video game.  for low end pcs you either cant play or cant play on graphics that make it even worth while. (like promoting minecraft as photo real, and then forcing you to use the 16x default)

so nope dont believe a word of this game's stuff. until they actually put up and prove it.  the anime movie press video is nice. reminds me of some of those final fantasy movies and such.

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

why do all the games on their sites just look and sound great but not show a damn thing actually proving them?

Until after release I won't believe any of their promises.

• omidusomidus Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Originally posted by Khebeln
    Originally posted by Razeekster

You are kind right about that, a lot of asian games are either not covered or mentioned 6 months later.

It's a good thing they don't cover these games, they just end up being extremely disappointing to the players because they simple don't develop enough content to retain the player base. Look at AIon, TERA and SWTOR; all great IPs but none had the content or the speed of developing meaningful content ot retain their player base.

People really need to take a cue from WoW's content development cycle and get with the program.

High graphical fidelity will only get you so far, innovative combat system will only get you so far. It's the meaningful cotnent that will retain the player base (Raid zones, dungeons, battleground for pvp). All these should be standard in today's mmo! With GW2's release, people should know that dynamic world event should be a high priority as part of the leveling process.

Anyways, this is a pass for me. All the hype won't get it anywhere as NA players won't be able to join the beta testing.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,848

From the gameplay videos Ive watched it doesnt seem any different than WoW style gameplay.

Grab quest from person with "!" over their head and then go slaughter the country side with your auto attack and hot bar abilities.

But the graphics are very good.

If anyone else has any additional insights into the gameplay that cant be discerned from Youtube videos then, please, post away.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Wow I submitted this entry a little over a week ago for the game list via email. I guess they get a lot of email. Anyway, nice to see them finally giving Bless a nod. Now all they need to do is update the game list to reflect it...

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."