Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Guild Wars 2: A Threat Approaches

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

As we move through November, the approach of the latest Guild Wars 2 seasonal event, The Lost Shores, nears. In today's Guild Wars 2 column, we take examine what's already known and add a few thoughts of our own. Check it out!

Very little is known about the next large event to hit Guild Wars 2 this month, but let’s go over what we do know.  We know the event will be live on the 16th of November, and that it will be a one time event.  If you miss this, you missed it.  We also know it will open up a new map.  This alone is reason to be excited!  But what’s the scope of this event?  Will it just be a small intro to a new map?  ArenaNet is saying that The Lost Shores will be as large, or larger, than the Halloween event that has just passed.  With the way they have their live development teams set up, this could be very true. Not only that, but the changes will be more permanent in general. 

Read more of David North's Guild Wars 2: A Threat Approaches.

I didn’t see any cannons on the ships, so they may have been for trade.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• FreezzoFreezzo Member UncommonPosts: 235
    I'm excited for the november event, hope this month I'll get to 80 with one of my characters (have been taking it slow :D)

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." - John F. Kennedy
    And for MMORPGs ever so true...

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    If it's the Deep Sea Dragon he looks like a Moth. his name is Mordramoth.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308
    I'll be up in there wreckin shiz. One more for the super zerg. You know WvW is going to be epic that week

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• lalartulalartu Member UncommonPosts: 437

I'll be there saving whales and dragging their fat asses back into the sea

oh wait, what? that's what ANET planned for one of the dynamics events? 

I review lots of indie games and MMORPGs

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    A new map I can dig, I just love the map completion aspect of the game.  Sadly, it's about all I really enjoy though.  Until they hopefully add more systems, that is.
  • FinitFinit Member Posts: 145

All translations and a full guide of in-game hints of the upcoming event are featured here:  

http://dulfy.net/2012/11/02/gw2-the-lost-shores-pre-events-and-teaser/

My Guild Wars 2 Blog can be found here: Divinity's Reach

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Wow.  Honestly, I never expected them to have new content out this fast.  Sounds like fun.
  • ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Is there a required level for this event? I'm finally starting to get into GW2 a bit more, so I figure I can plow through to 80 before the 16th.
  • GurpslordGurpslord Member Posts: 350
    I don't recall where, but pretty sure an ANET rep said it was techincally lvl 80 but everyone going would be upscaled like they were during the Mad King battle.
  • ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Originally posted by Gurpslord
    I don't recall where, but pretty sure an ANET rep said it was techincally lvl 80 but everyone going would be upscaled like they were during the Mad King battle.

Oh, that's good then. =]

• UkiahUkiah Member Posts: 273
    Originally posted by InFlamestwo
    If it's the Deep Sea Dragon he looks like a Moth. his name is Mordramoth.

Odd, I always thought he was a bunny....

• katmagliakatmaglia Member UncommonPosts: 6
    ooo, I need to stop lolly-gagging and get a toon to 80!
  • oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855
    Originally posted by Freezzo
    I'm excited for the november event, hope this month I'll get to 80 with one of my characters (have been taking it slow :D)

know how you feel bro, same here.....5 slots filled and not one is 80 yet hehe.....just too much funn with ALL chars :)