Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So how would you all feel if Anet added endgame Raid Dungeons in next month's content update?

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Alber_gamer

None of the poll asnwers represent my thoughts.

I'd say it'd be a good move, and might make me try the game again, but with the current "no trinity" ideology, I'm not sure I'd enjoy it.

I'd say putting a hotdog in a cheeseburger is a good move, but unless the bun was changed to a hotdog roll, I'm not sure I'd enjoy it.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• ChrisReitzChrisReitz Member Posts: 115
    I like the way things are now. If they added a dungeon cant see why it would be end game just cause you put a raid infront of it. I guess people arent happy unless they are fighting this huge monster with over 15 people. wait we already have that big bosses and dragons nevermind... but wait that isnt considered end game cause it isnt in  a lvl 80 zone lol heh... w/e
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    Originally posted by Alber_gamer

None of the poll asnwers represent my thoughts.

I'd say it'd be a good move, and might make me try the game again, but with the current "no trinity" ideology, I'm not sure I'd enjoy it.

I'd say putting a hotdog in a cheeseburger is a good move, but unless the bun was changed to a hotdog roll, I'm not sure I'd enjoy it.

lol

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by Mothanos

GW2 is unique it doesnt need endgame, WoW is for endgame carrot on a stick endgame and it has no place for it in GW2.

Also i think WvW needs to reward a little more then abit of karma a few cosmetic brag items woulnt hurt it i think.
    But pve was never the main focus of Anet and altough they have one of the hardest dungeons ingame out of any mmo i ever played it is just not made for that platform.

i find gw2 endgame very similar to wow's.  theres pvp,  dungeons/token grind,  farming/gold making,  crafting.  what about gw2's endgame is unique?   the only difference is the lack of vertical progression.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Originally posted by DMKano

it be like opening a surf shop in Antarctica - pointless 

Are you sure?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w6FV8P7HXg

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

I don't  think  the GW2 combat system will allow raids.  Something needs to be done on the pve side to support larger guilds though.

GW2  has been painted into a corner by a small subset of the genre, people who don't want progression or competition. I do not see where GW2 can expand. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • stevebmbsqdstevebmbsqd Member Posts: 448
    I would like for something more social for guilds to do. I think raids would be a big step for making a guild more meaningful. I just don't think it would work very well. They would end up being like the open world boss zergs. The combat system they have here isn't really well developed for battles like that.
  • HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599
    Isn't progressive loot part of the raiding process? Anywhere I go, there is a strict eye on value of time even for raids. Meaning you have to be getting something in return worth the time expended. Does GW's semi-lootless structure sort of go against this? I hear there are many that won't even do the 5 man dungeons due to this ratio of time and reward.
  • ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722
    Originally posted by bcbully

I don't  think  the GW2 combat system will allow raids.  Something needs to be done on the pve side to support larger guilds though.

GW2  has been painted into a corner by a small subset of the genre, people who don't want progression or competition. I do not see where GW2 can expand. 

The small subset that is painting it into the corner is actually the other side. The loud vocal small subset.

• Kingmob23Kingmob23 Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Without the incentive of gear progression, their resources are probably better spent on adding sandbox features. If one completes the raid once what's the point to keep running it?
  • xm522xm522 Member UncommonPosts: 117

i would not be against it if there is no 'elite' gear that can only be obtained by raiding.

raiding itself is not the problem. the problem is the difference in power between normal gear and raid gear.

BUT, i have a feeling that if raids are implemented that raiders will then start bitching about how their gear should be better than normal gear since they are 'raiding' which to most raiders means that they should receive equipment and benefits that towers over those not found in raids.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    I'd love it but eh... just to much in the game detracts me from liking it that I'd go back. Raiding would give more PvE wise to do, but its not enough to make up for the other flaws that really detracted from the game for me.
  • nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501

It depends on what the raid consists of?

A gear treadmill raid never gonna happen...

Maybe cosmetic items from some Raid Mob sure yay, whatever lol.....

That would make no sense - gw2 is targeted at casual players, raids have no place among the casual players, as it takes 100s of hours of dedicated gameplay with a large guild to progress through raid content.

large raiding guilds don't play gw2, casuals have no time to play raids.

If you say so. I guess alot of people are just "casual" mmorpg 'ers with most of there servers full. The game even had to quit saleing after its first week. You might as well pack up and go to antracitca cause you are in your own head if you actually beleive that...

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919

You are going to have a tough time convincing me that adding raids are a good thing. Based on the history of most modern MMOs and some MMOs of the past, raids have almost always ended up being the only part of the game that gets any development, to the detriment of every other feature. Now granted, this is because these things take a lot of dev time and resources, but the fact that it ends up so bad to the point that everything else is trivialized for this makes it, IMO, something that should be left out completely.

Now if you can figure out a way to add it in a manner that puts it on level with everything else, and DOESN't trivialize content that isn't raiding, then I probably won't care.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    At this point, any additions to endgame would be welcome.
  • FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

Guild Wars 1 didn't have raids, but it did have content for 'end game' that was in my mind SUBSTANTIALLY more challenging than any Raid I ever did in WoW or its clones. Hell GW2's dungeons (without an experienced group) are just as hard as any of WoWs raids currently are.

GW2 doesn't need raids. Raids exist solely for one purpose... to keep you playing and paying for as long as possible. In most MMOGs time = money, so if the developers can addict you to spending 8 hours three + times a week raiding for that 1% chance drop you really want or the 2000 badges you need for that full set of armor that you have to have. Once you are willing to do that and pay monthly for it, you find youself readily accepting that cost. How many of you (and me, at one point) have spent half your time in WoW just sitting around in town, showing off your gear, waiting for your guild to get started for your next 6 hour raid, or doing your 50 daily quests again and again and again and never having a second thought about the fact that you were PAYING for that proviledge.

For me, GW2 opened my eyes to this fact. I get (IMHO) far more fun, tuns of content, and every feature and then some that other MMOGs offer and I never have to pay a DIME past initial purchase if I don't want to. (Not that I haven't, I have 'rewarded' Anet with my $ spent on gems a few times now, though most my gem purchases I bought with in game money). Guild Wars 2 doesn't need a way to addict players into playing for as long as possible, as often as possible. They don't make their money by keeping you logged in 12 hours a day, and therefor have absolutely no use for raiding.

I laugh when I see people saying GW2 is casual because Hardcore MMOGs have raids. Most of the folks who say that have no experience beyond the snorefest easymode of WoW raiding. If any of them had ever even touched some of the truly challenging PvP and PvE of GW1, they'd drop the idea of Raiding = Hardcore MMOG like a bad habbit. GW2 is well on its way with challenging 5 man dungeons, that 50% of poeple flat out hate because of their difficulty. The rest of us have mastered most of them already and are ready for more. The multi-tiered dungeon coming out on the 15th if Anets past work is any indication, will be extremely challenging in the lower 'levels', and extremely fun.

It's such a breath of fresh air from the days I used to be half AFK watching TV while hitting the 3 macros I used on my Hunter during WotC in the raids.. all while always topping the DPS charts. What a fool I was for paying monthly for that.

• UO4everUO4ever Member Posts: 38
    It's dub vee dub that needs the lub..
  • MalevilMalevil Member Posts: 468
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    At this point, any additions to endgame would be welcome.

This one addition surely not, for anyone who loves raiding there is enough games with raiding.

• cybersurfrcybersurfr Member UncommonPosts: 168
    No, I'd like it more if they focus improving on what they already have: DEs, Dungeons, WvWvW, sPVP. Diversity in MMOs would move the genre forward. Let that crowd move to MMOs with raiding already implemented - Rift (and their excellents dev team) would suit that crowd well with its upcoming expansion.
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

I would look into how long the blocklist in GW2 is and start looking for a new game to play.

Ok that might be a bit of an exaggeration. RAIDS in GW2 do nothing except make it less appealing to me however.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by Mothanos

GW2 is unique it doesnt need endgame, WoW is for endgame carrot on a stick endgame and it has no place for it in GW2.

Also i think WvW needs to reward a little more then abit of karma a few cosmetic brag items woulnt hurt it i think.
    But pve was never the main focus of Anet and altough they have one of the hardest dungeons ingame out of any mmo i ever played it is just not made for that platform.

So the oh so annoying commander icon on the mini map isn't bragging enough? OR the fact that you need the pvp currency for legendaries isn't enough either? okay. Don't understand that. I can understand wanting more but they do already have some that are pretty loud indicators that you earned them.

I personally would like to see them address the problems of MF and it's not function properly considering if it's necessary that someone should reach 300% to actually see something drop that's useful, they need to lower that to something that players can actually reach effectively. Last night I was at 150% with armor weapons food and guild boon and nothing was dropping but greys. The moment I took all of that off and left myself with only about 30% THEN and only then did Rares start dropping for me. Keep in mind now I was doing a rampage run through then entire lower Orr zone we looted splendid chests and everything and nothing was dropping for me the entire time. So you have to wonder, why did they put whole armor sets and weapons in the game to get better items when it doesn't actually get you better items. Things like that need to be addressed.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by ChrisReitz

That would make no sense - gw2 is targeted at casual players, raids have no place among the casual players, as it takes 100s of hours of dedicated gameplay with a large guild to progress through raid content.

large raiding guilds don't play gw2, casuals have no time to play raids.

If you say so. I guess alot of people are just "casual" mmorpg 'ers with most of there servers full. The game even had to quit saleing after its first week. You might as well pack up and go to antracitca cause you are in your own head if you actually beleive that...

I think your automatic defence mechanism may have a short circuit.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

This isn't 2008.  Look at WOWs LFR for casual friendly raid design.

Also, ANET never said they wouldn't add raid content.  They said it wasn't going to be on release but they would listen to the player base to find out what they want added most.  So, LOL at the "betrayed" sentiment.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Go play a bloody raid grinder like wow or rift then.

Why does every game need to get tainted with raids?

It's almost as stupid as the people asking for pve servers with darkfall.