Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Guildwars 2 & SweetFX

Comments

• Kuro1nKuro1n GothenburgPosts: 771Member

SweetFX is really nice, thanks a lot.

Need to fix some AA in mine but will do that once I wake up tomorrow I guess. :p

new

old

(loljpgquality)

• NitthNitth AustraliaPosts: 3,684Member Uncommon

These such post processing extensions usually break a games ToS....what has arena said about this?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• DonThonDonThon Cambridge, MAPosts: 5Member Uncommon
    Can I get those SweetFX settings too? Your screenshots are phenomenal.

- DT

• Br3akingDawnBr3akingDawn a City, CAPosts: 1,361Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Nitth

These such post processing extensions usually break a games ToS....what has arena said about this?

You can check their official statement on this matter here:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/account/Policy-Third-Party-Programs/first#post354869

but technically as long as nothing is modified in any way of Game file or gameplay you dont break their ToS. It´s just a  "injector" for directx ....like using a photoshop filters for image but for a game.  It´s been used in other games without getting banned, its even used in the original Gw1 and peoples been using this since beta. I bet they are aware of the using of this mod for the game, you can find it in their official tech forums, Im sure devs would hopp right onto it the second its talked about....

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Matrix, NYPosts: 911Member Uncommon
    Epic, mind sending me those settings? Would be greatly appreciated. :D Looks amazing

• DonThonDonThon Cambridge, MAPosts: 5Member Uncommon

Found this:

http://sweetfx.thelazy.net/?p=41#more-41

Settings look incredible.

- DT

Originally posted by Kuro1n

Need to fix some AA in mine but will do that once I wake up tomorrow I guess. :p

new

old

(loljpgquality)

I can see the difference already! you can take screens in Hi-res bitmap though if you want, just from your gw2 shortcut properties under Target you put -bmp at end like this 

"C:Program Files (x86)Guild Wars 2Gw2.exe" -bmp

• Kuro1nKuro1n GothenburgPosts: 771Member
    Originally posted by TheScavenger
    Epic, mind sending me those settings? Would be greatly appreciated. :D Looks amazing

Enable HDR, some vibrance and then AA and it will look quite good (tweak them to your liking), leave rest as it was set up from the start (IMO). :p

Originally posted by Epic1oots
    Originally posted by Kuro1n

new

old

(loljpgquality)

I can see the difference already! you can take screens in Hi-res bitmap though if you want, just from your gw2 shortcut properties under Target you put -bmp at end like this 

"C:Program Files (x86)Guild Wars 2Gw2.exe" -bmp

Thanks for the tip! But now I'm off to bed. o/ GN

• MMObroMMObro Oviedo, FLPosts: 65Member
    pretty much where this game shines...graphics but not much else :(

2 more screens before heading off....

imageimage

• NitthNitth AustraliaPosts: 3,684Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Epic1oots

Originally posted by Nitth These such post processing extensions usually break a games ToS....what has arena said about this?

You can check their official statement on this matter here:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/account/Policy-Third-Party-Programs/first#post354869

but technically as long as nothing is modified in any way of Game file or gameplay you dont break their ToS. It´s just a  "injector" for directx ....like using a photoshop filters for image but for a game.  It´s been used in other games without getting banned, its even used in the original Gw1 and peoples been using this since beta. I bet they are aware of the using of this mod for the game, you can find it in their official tech forums, Im sure devs would hopp right onto it the second its talked about....

But they override the dxd.dlls?
    it Was a banable offence in world of Warcraft if i remember correctly..

Not that its a huge issue, But was just thinking best to get arenas stance before people us it..

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• UkihaUkiha BCNPosts: 58Member
    I must agree with OP,this is a MUST for GW2,it makes the game more beatiful and "alive.I'm glad i found this,may i ask you for your custom settings? i would like to compare pics i made from my custom settings :D.
  • lalartulalartu SeoulPosts: 444Member
    could I get the settings file too please? played around with mine a little, but doesnt look much different unfortunately

Join me on Twitter @WhatDaMath
    http://twitter.com/WhatDaMath
    I review lots of indie games and MMORPGs

• CelciusCelcius Posts: 1,001Member Uncommon
    Send me your settings too epic, that looks pretty sweet and I would love to check it out.
  • ZzadZzad Palma de MallorcaPosts: 1,316Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by DonThon

Found this:

http://sweetfx.thelazy.net/?p=41#more-41

Settings look incredible.

Awesome settings!

TY for sharing!!!!

Played with settings a bit more mainly SMAA and Lumasharpen and got some improvements. Wish I could post fullsize.... heheimage

• mazutmazut SofiaPosts: 886Member Uncommon
    I don't understand why you want to turn a gorgeous game with specific mood into "Tera" like looking game? It looks way better when its foggy...
  • QSatuQSatu WarsawPosts: 1,735Member Uncommon
    Just small information for people using this. gW2 screenshots folder will still have screenshots whid do not show changed made by SweetFX. When you take a screenshot SweetFX makes a bmp file in game's folder.
  • lalartulalartu SeoulPosts: 444Member
    is that a legendary weapon??? FU!

Join me on Twitter @WhatDaMath
    http://twitter.com/WhatDaMath
    I review lots of indie games and MMORPGs

• eldariseldaris LondonPosts: 349Member

Originally posted by mazut
    I don't understand why you want to turn a gorgeous game with specific mood into "Tera" like looking game? It looks way better when its foggy...
    Maybe because lot of people didn't like the washed out colours gw2 has,I remember from gw1 how vibrant and bright were the colors .Thanks op,I'll probably give it a try next time I log in .
  • Zeus.CMZeus.CM ZagrebPosts: 1,788Member
    Originally posted by lalartu
    is that a legendary weapon??? FU!

It's not. It's low level jotun greatsword. Costs like 200 karma or something.

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Norcal, CAPosts: 612Member

All injectors are good, no doubt.

Looking at the Op's armor to me it smacks of hypocracy on Anets behalf. How tough they are with names, chat, forum verbiage to make it a "family game", you can't help but see the artist uses the red highlight around the breasts, to mimic someone's hands fondling her breasts. It's just calling a spade a spade there. I personally like it, but it shows how bi-polar they even are.

• FionFion Montour Falls, NYPosts: 2,351Member

I've tried SweetFX a few times but unfortunately every time I do the game crashes instantly upon loading...

Edit: Found the solution. Turn off FXAA (I already have it off) and more importantly, run GW2.exe as administrator. :)

• FionFion Montour Falls, NYPosts: 2,351Member
    Originally posted by HorrorScope

All injectors are good, no doubt.

Looking at the Op's armor to me it smacks of hypocracy on Anets behalf. How tough they are with names, chat, forum verbiage to make it a "family game", you can't help but see the artist uses the red highlight around the breasts, to mimic someone's hands fondling her breasts. It's just calling a spade a spade there. I personally like it, but it shows how bi-polar they even are.

Um.. all armor is dyable. It looks that way (with the red around the breasts) because that is the dye that person used on that armor. Someone else could use the same chest armor and dye it a few thousand different ways (there are over 350 dyes in the game). It doesn't look that way become some 'hypocritical artists wanted to sexualize it in a supposedly family-friendly game' hehe. Trust me, there are several other chest armor pieces that are far more suggestive and revealing than that one lol.

Edit: Oh and, GW2 isn't a 'family' game. It's rated T, so some suggestive or revealing armors are expected. But hell at least it isn't as bad as say Tera.

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards TokyoPosts: 778Member

OP if you are still around please share your settings with me too. I just downloaded after i saw this post. I didn't even know such a mod existed. And i am frankly kind of lost with so many options.

Thanks in advance.