Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Letter from the Producer LIVE Scheduled

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Square Enix has announced that the next Letter from the Producer LIVE event is scheduled for November 11th. The Final Fantasy XIV Lodestone has been updated with the specifics for time and place. The theme is Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn and players can submit questions to be answered during the event.

Date & Time

• November 11, 2012, from 2:00 a.m. (PST)

• URL* Updated 11/09/2012: YouTube Live URL: http://sqex.to/ke5

For viewing on smartphones, iOS 5 or greater is recommended.

Find out more on the Final Fantasy XIV site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    i dont have high expectations for this game . 
  • VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by lotaparty
    i dont have high expectations for this game . 

I do, but you probably have the better approach in general towards MMORPGs in general TBH.

As long as you are willing to give it a fair shake with an open mind and don't down it in an exercise of pure negativity and a need to hate something that might just not be for you anyhow.

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Not long now, bene a long time coming but the end of the tunnel is near.

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

I was one of the nutballs who actually liked it at launch, at least some of it. :D

I'll definitely take a look again. I love when worlds feel like worlds, and although at launch we had the repeating textures and full-on copy/paste of whole areas, I still LOVED the lights/torches coming on at night, the boat ride, the day/night cycles, etc.... things like that are very important to me in my mmorpgs.

So I'll check it out. I am not expecting to be swept away by it, as the things i like are far less mainstream than most devs shoot for, but it's worth a look and I ceratinly wish them luck. It took balls to make a recovery effort like this, so kudos to them regardless.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by Zylaxx
    Originally posted by Rimmersman

The tunnel to fail yet again.  This reminds of darkfall, release a shitty game.  Get critical negative attention and remake said game without truely understanding why people dont play.

FFXIV reborn will fail jsut as hard as the original because it will not and can not learn from its mistakes.

Based off what?

The game is entirely different from its original.  I sincerely think you are either entirely uninformed or just baiting people.

If you have been watching or following ANY of the information that Yoshi P has been releasing you'll see ALL they do is learn from their mistakes.  Their being their predicessors... as most of the original team was scrapped.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    carbuncle , is the only reason i need :3 , i miss it so much since FFXI

they changed a lot of things in ARR, just the world was a step in the right direction ,quest based ,with option to group and do exp partys, dungeons, lots of endgame events  , changed jobs,  jump (lol) , new UI ,is like a new game after all

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

The tunnel to fail yet again.  This reminds of darkfall, release a shitty game.  Get critical negative attention and remake said game without truely understanding why people dont play.

FFXIV reborn will fail jsut as hard as the original because it will not and can not learn from its mistakes.

Based off what?

The game is entirely different from its original.  I sincerely think you are either entirely uninformed or just baiting people.

If you have been watching or following ANY of the information that Yoshi P has been releasing you'll see ALL they do is learn from their mistakes.  Their being their predicessors... as most of the original team was scrapped.

I admit I don't know enough of the new game but I dont see how re-releasing something that failed in the first place is worthy of a 2nd look.  This was my point, Its like trying to go back to SWTOR, theres nothing they could do to make me go back cause they screwed up the first time.

If they can manage to pull together enough fans to make the game successful then great, but I am very dubious this is the case, besides ive seen enough from other posters saying they think this is being rushed too much and taking shortcuts which is a recipe for disaster.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I really enjoyed the first iteration of the game (I know people like me are very few) and was sad to see not everyone shared that opinion. I personally can not wait for this release, it's a step in the right direction towards bringing people back to the game.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Except that, from everything I've seen, the developers have gone back and remade quite a bit because they recognize the mistakes of the former developers.

So in light of that, would you care to actually explain yourself?

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

I admit I don't know enough of the new game but I dont see how re-releasing something that failed in the first place is worthy of a 2nd look.  This was my point, Its like trying to go back to SWTOR, theres nothing they could do to make me go back cause they screwed up the first time.

If they can manage to pull together enough fans to make the game successful then great, but I am very dubious this is the case, besides ive seen enough from other posters saying they think this is being rushed too much and taking shortcuts which is a recipe for disaster.

In that case I would say what I've said before:

"gamers" seem to think (at least some come across this way) that this whole mmo thing is "ok let's see what you got! hmmmm, dont' like it NEXT!" and then having that play out ad infinitum.

Except that a lot of money, time and effort is put into these things and just throwing the baby out with the bathwater seems to be overkill.

In the end what is the bottom line? It's that final fantasy fans want a great final fantasy mmo and one that might be a bit updated than the previous game.

So is it worth it to spend millions upon millions to throw this out and develop a completely new game over the course of 5 years only to have the game fail because it can't keep up with all the innovations/new ideas that have come out over that 5 years or is it better to take what did work and develope more toward what they know the game should have been and then go from there?

My thought is that too many game companies dont' take their games and say "hey, let's really work on it and make it successful" as opposed to "if it doesn't make x dollars let's can it and try again". Luckily EVE seems to take the former course and it works quite well. Those developers love and are invested in their game as opposed to having it be part of a huge stable of games that limp along with modest love from the developers.

My opinion is that Sqaure Enix did the right thing. Whether or not their new direction can capture fans remains to be seen.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Arcondo87Arcondo87 Member Posts: 94
    gonna play this game to death when its realesed!
  • RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by drivendawn

Wow what a troll thou art

+1

Some people just can't be taken seriously on this site, i don't block them because it actually makes me laugh.

He admits he knows nothing about  FFXIV ARR  but it's going to fail lmfao.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Originally posted by Mithrandolir

I was one of the nutballs who actually liked it at launch, at least some of it. :D

I'll definitely take a look again. I love when worlds feel like worlds, and although at launch we had the repeating textures and full-on copy/paste of whole areas, I still LOVED the lights/torches coming on at night, the boat ride, the day/night cycles, etc.... things like that are very important to me in my mmorpgs.

So I'll check it out. I am not expecting to be swept away by it, as the things i like are far less mainstream than most devs shoot for, but it's worth a look and I ceratinly wish them luck. It took balls to make a recovery effort like this, so kudos to them regardless.

i actually liked it as well but it soon got a bit boring.lack of any things to do apart from craft and those stupid limited levi quests per day..the brought a whole new meaning to repeatable quests.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

Been playing the game watching that red moon get nearer all day, and I am still impressed by how bad so much of it is. The leaves are meaningless tedium, UI a major barrier to immersion and the combat mechanics are the worst of any game, there is so much that needs to change just to make it bearable, and I think Yoshida can do it, but beyond that? Can ARR be actually better than OK?

Sooner they shut 1.0 down and focus 100% on ARR the better. 7hrs  2mins 22secs 11milsecs to go...

• ClohneClohne Member Posts: 1

What I don't understand, though, is that people say the entire combat system was horribly done wrong as compared to other games, yet I see a million posts on "I want something different from the usual MMO."

The combat system was different, and though others may not share the opinion as well, I rather enjoy that "horrible" combat.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Very much looking forward to this game. Already have an invite to a new guild when it starts back up!
  • hillson18hillson18 Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

Based off what?

So initially, you gave out a stronge statement that FFXIV ARR will fail for sure.  Then when ppl start questioning you, you admit that you don't know much about the game at all and you just assuming that it will fail because it have a bad start. 

Comon, this is like kids in elementary school.  The teacher ask them "if the sky is blue?"  They answer something like "Certainly, the sky is blue 100%".  Then when the teacher reqeat the question, they start saying stuff like "I dunno much about the sky, i think it is blue." 

If you so sure about your opinion then at least stand behind it like a man, if you are not sure about it, then don't come here and give out statement such as "XXXX fail at start, and it will fail for sure at re-launch".  Make sense?

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    Originally posted by Clohne

What I don't understand, though, is that people say the entire combat system was horribly done wrong as compared to other games, yet I see a million posts on "I want something different from the usual MMO."

The combat system was different, and though others may not share the opinion as well, I rather enjoy that "horrible" combat.

I understand that, it's at least not boring like standard WoW combat is, which I cannot take any more of. But then you have the awkward targeting, the camera and position lock, the loooooooooong delay between actions, cursor and hot bar problems. It feels jarring, like bits of turn based in a real time context. I really hope ARR feels different.

• RaveiceRaveice Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by zevni78
    Originally posted by Clohne

I understand that, it's at least not boring like standard WoW combat is, which I cannot take any more of. But then you have the awkward targeting, the camera and position lock, the loooooooooong delay between actions, cursor and hot bar problems. It feels jarring, like bits of turn based in a real time context. I really hope ARR feels different.

Combat systems like say 90% of mmo that is worth playing has wow alike combat system. Everytime come up with new combat system people dislike it direckly. 

Take Tera online combat system was flawless and more mmo coming with this new combat style,  Ican igree combat in FFXIV was abit frustrating but it wasent terrible only i hated with it was locking. Once pushed button u started do animation u couldent move at all to doge the boss aoe or w/e they did especily if you was an healer.