Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Opinions So far on the beta

2»

Comments

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    I tried it and realized I don't have the patience today for a game with a horrible UI.  Hopefully I'll try it again soon when I'm in a better mood.
  • lalartulalartu Member UncommonPosts: 437

I loved earlier Haven and Hearth

Loved Wurm Online

this game....played for an hour, went "WTF" and uninstalled without looking back

unfortunately another hope destroyed by poor development

I review lots of indie games and MMORPGs

• kb056kb056 Member CommonPosts: 423
    I was interested in this game till I read the words Permadeath. "Crafting centric" mmo and Permadeath are total opposites of each other. This game makes no sense.
  • NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    Originally posted by kb056
    I was interested in this game till I read the words Permadeath. "Crafting centric" mmo and Permadeath are total opposites of each other. This game makes no sense.

In that case perhaps you should look into it more, since the permadeath is not as bad as you are assuming.

• AirspellAirspell Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,391
    On paper the game sounded good, but I pretty much hate everything about the game so far. Starting with bad UI. The way you get skills was the wrong choice for a sand box game in my view, inspirationals ? Really ? You somehow get skills from finding a rock and not from actually doing things ?  The way they did combat is pretty funny too at least from the melee I saw.  The graphics are unnceessarily childish, which I find odd since most kids don't play sandbox games.  In all honesty they did pretty much everything wrong as far as feature choices go, or at least in implementing them. I couldn't recommend this game to anyone , especially not any fan of sandbox games.

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    I really wanted to like this game, but the grind is the worst I've seen in an MMO. Salem is a good example of why you should never try and make a game mechanic too much like its real-world counterpart.

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Thank you, OP. Even though I hate the idea of permadeath, I was curious about this game. Reading your post (and several others), suggests that permadeath isn't the worst issue, it seems. It's becoming very clear that this isn't a game for me.

Doesn't seem like there's a huge interest among others, either. This site now gives away beta keys, and I've never seen the amount of "keys left" tick down as slow as for this game. Still over 5,900 keys left, only around 500 gone since yesterday, even though they advertise it on the front page.

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

Originally posted by kb056

How do you figure that? Minecraft is one of the most crafting-centric games there is and features what is essentially permadeath, FFA PvP, and even full loot.

The problem isn't that the game has permadeath and crafting. The problem is the game is nothing but a gargantuan convoluted grind... with permadeath.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    Originally posted by Airspell
    On paper the game sounded good, but I pretty much hate everything about the game so far. Starting with bad UI. The way you get skills was the wrong choice for a sand box game in my view, inspirationals ? Really ? You somehow get skills from finding a rock and not from actually doing things ?  The way they did combat is pretty funny too at least from the melee I saw.  The graphics are unnceessarily childish, which I find odd since most kids don't play sandbox games.  In all honesty they did pretty much everything wrong as far as feature choices go, or at least in implementing them. I couldn't recommend this game to anyone , especially not any fan of sandbox games.

Pretty much how I feel unfortunately.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    it was fun for a few hours.  but after a cricket knocked me unconcious i lost interest.  too much at stake to craft all that stuff just to be killed by crickets or snakes.
  • Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

Originally posted by grimgryphon
    I really wanted to like this game, but the grind is the worst I've seen in an MMO. Salem is a good example of why you should never try and make a game mechanic too much like its real-world counterpart.

In this case they actually made it more complicated than it is in real life. If only it was as simple as in the real world.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• Arcondo87Arcondo87 Member Posts: 94
    i cant even figure out how the hell to get new skills....
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by Arcondo87
    i cant even figure out how the hell to get new skills....

click on the iluminati looking eye.

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228
    in the default client the bottem left button in the UI (has the Eye) is where you spend points on skills. but to unlock skills you have to spend points to level up the stat sets. which is a pain in the ass. i pretty much said fk it and started spending all the honey dew and sea shells i find just to upgrade 1 point of a stat for some of the later skills >>" which is more annoying with i spend 1000 points just to upgrade a 800-900 point stat point