Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

X-3 / Freelancer MMO?

gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757

I came across this...

http://robertsspaceindustries.com/start/

The code is 42.

When I knew who is behind this I became automatically interested, but I don't know much more about it. Has anybody heard about it and knows something about this project?

Comments

• gabbelgabbel Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Sadly every twitched base Space mmo seems to fail recently like jumpgate or black prophercy. I would realy like to see something like that some day. I like the login of this site, but doesnt have alot of info.
  • AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376

I would love one that doesn't suck like BLR did, even though they fixed BLR massively it wasn't enough.

There wasn't enough tactical depth in the combat and the servers made everyone lag to shit.

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

Haha... 42 is classic :)

Anyways, a twitchbased Freelancer-style MMO wouldn't work too well. You'll loose tactical overview when there's more then ten ships around.

And with EvE Online being still very popular and buzzing there's actually no room left for another space MMO I'm afraid, especially if you look at the features of EvE Online which basically cover all bases besides the twitchcombat.

• LoLifeLoLife Member CommonPosts: 174
    I know the Grandfather of space sims "David Braben" was considering an Elite 4 to be an online game once they where done with Outsiders while everything is in the air right now an Elite MMO devolped by Braben would something special in an awesome way.
  • 13lake13lake Member UncommonPosts: 719
    Originally posted by Yalexy

Anyways, a twitchbased Freelancer-style MMO wouldn't work too well. You'll loose tactical overview when there's more then ten ships around.

And with EvE Online being still very popular and buzzing there's actually no room left for another space MMO I'm afraid, especially if you look at the features of EvE Online which basically cover all bases besides the twitchcombat.

I just love how absolutely wrong you turned out to be, though i could have predicted the same before Star Citizen hit 3 million dollars on kickstarter, :) not to mention Elite:Dangerous from David Braben doing good, and also Strike Suit Zero got funded for 140,000 dollars so we even got japanese mechs in space :)

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757
    Originally posted by Yalexy

After having fought groups of 40+ enemies on Freelancer and having participated in battles with over 20 players involved, I can say you are wrong.

Btw, checking the date on that post of mine... was I, maybe, the first guy in this community to spot this game? Can I have a cookie? XD

• 13lake13lake Member UncommonPosts: 719
    I was one of the first to spot Strike Suit Zero http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/43153532/strike-suit-zero and spotted Elite 4 in about 4 hours after kickstarter launch :P http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461411552/elite-dangerous i give you cookie for star citizen you give me two :P
  • KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    Seems to be quite a few of the golden oldies being resurrected lately. They're all a good way off but at least there's X Rebirth coming out soon to pass some time... unless it's delayed which looks likely as there's no release date yet and the end of 2012 is looming.
  • gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757
    Originally posted by 13lake
    I was one of the first to spot Strike Suit Zero http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/43153532/strike-suit-zero and spotted Elite 4 in about 4 hours after kickstarter launch :P http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461411552/elite-dangerous i give you cookie for star citizen you give me two :P

Hahaha, deal. Some milk with your cookie? XD

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I always thought an elite mmo where you actually fly your ship - a more action orientated eve if you will would be excellent. Add in some freespace 2 for your pve "dungeons" in a non instanced style and it would be something fantastic.
  • saintscrillasaintscrilla Member Posts: 1
    I'm glad you posted the about Star Citizen, never even heard about it till now.  Looks very interesting and well made at that.  I've have been following a for a few years now of a promising Space mmo sandbox, Infinity:Quest For Earth that should be entering kickstarter soon.