Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Possible Unreal Sandbox MMORPG?

elmofthewoodelmofthewood London, ONPosts: 5Member

Black Desert online.... Anyone got any info on it? Trailor looks unreal

Comments

• OnomasOnomas Rock Hill, SCPosts: 1,128Member Uncommon

Looks good, long as its not a f2p sandbox lol.  sandbox + f2p = wont work well and destroy any type of player economy which is a sandbox huge aspect.

Seems more and more asian companies are finaly going sandbox, they know the themepark genre has been beaten to death with 200 crap games and want to expand ;)

• elmofthewoodelmofthewood London, ONPosts: 5Member
    lol definitly agreed
  • SirFubarSirFubar SeoulPosts: 397Member
    Sadly, its an asian MMO, a korean one to be more precise. Pretty sure this game will have a ENOURMOUS amount of grind, because that's what Korean loves.
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Dublin, OHPosts: 3,415Member Uncommon

There have been quite a few threads on this game already.

There was an interview from G*Star that was published and circulated this past week

here's a link  http://www.mmoculture.com/2012/11/gstar-2012-black-desert-preparing-to-launch-next-year/

I don't think "asian's love grind" is accuate.  I personally hate generalizations... also, it was an english guy who invented UO, and we all know that was the first big grind in a video game.

Anyway, hope the link helps.  

• OnomasOnomas Rock Hill, SCPosts: 1,128Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by SirFubar
    Sadly, its an asian MMO, a korean one to be more precise. Pretty sure this game will have a ENOURMOUS amount of grind, because that's what Korean loves.

Dont mind grinding, its much better than rushing to end game in 3 days after release and whine about no content like 90% of the people here do.

Its a sandbox so much more to do than just fighting. Thats the joy of sandboxes. My first sandbox it took me 4 months to hit max level just because i was enjoying the rest of the game features.