Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LFGame with Endgame, good Economy and smooth Play

kramer.ryanmkramer.ryanm Member Posts: 7

I need a game to steal my life away.

I played WOW during BC / LK this was the most fun I have had in any MMO. (Maybe because it was my first) I loved the gear grind, community, running fast passed dungeons for badges and the raiding experience aswell as the economy. I would go back but I was a little turned off when I played the trail and saw the changes made to talent specializing. Are all classes the same now? example, every pally tank has the exact same stats aside from gear. I would play again if this game has the best feedback.

I have played to 80 in GW2 and lost interest in endgame.

SWTOR I had a blast for a few months but has this game failed? FTP not very challenging endgame.

LOTRO tried but it just felt.....well old.

Please Help

Comments

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

Maybe try Rift since you liked WoW.

Aion is still good imo.

• JorlJorl Member UncommonPosts: 257

I know the feeling but for us there isn't many things out there atm. There are some MMOFPS that are in BETA stages such as Firefall, War Z and Planet side 2. Although Firefall has more PvE.

Or you can try the new Darkfall game but its PvP, not my style personally. Darkfall and PS2 is due out on 20th Nov.

• kramer.ryanmkramer.ryanm Member Posts: 7

Thanks Guys,

Im not as much into the PVP as PVE but I have no problems with it.  

I just feel like everygame is just a dead end after the grind. I wish I knew there was something good waiting.

• jawalijawali Member UncommonPosts: 195
    I recommend you Rift (although atm the economy is broken - ppl try to sell all the things they have before Strm Legion, so some prices are very werid ;))

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

Rift....maybe TSW

Awesome Ill DL rift lite and check it out. What is TSW?
  • jawalijawali Member UncommonPosts: 195
    Originally posted by kramer.ryanm
    Awesome Ill DL rift lite and check it out. What is TSW?

The Secret World, imo this is a good game and enjoyed it, but Rift has more to offer, especially with the incoming expansion

• Musket-SquidMusket-Squid Member UncommonPosts: 386
    He pretty much somes up why/how WOW is the most popular game. He hasnt heard of Rift or TSW and cant find another mmo out there.

How many delicate flowers have you met in Counterstrike?

I got a case of beer and a chainsaw waiting for me at home after work.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

I'd say go with Rift right now, should be a great time to join with expansion coming out.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• pacov81pacov81 Member UncommonPosts: 24
    One word...RIFT! image
  • xDayxxDayx Member Posts: 712
    I'd say go play wow again. From what I hear its hard for the people who started mmos on wow to find something else  w/o always comparing it to wow. So go play wow.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    If you like wow you will like rift probably
  • strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538

WoW s your best bet.

If you really think about it, during WOTLK every Pally tank was the same anyway.  Sure, there may have been 1 or 2 talents different but it wasnt noticeable.  The only real change is it feels like you are robbed of choice now, when in realty you arent any more so than Wrath and actually have more choice than Cata.  You choose between 3 abilities 6 different times, and the differences are mostly minor, but probably more noticeable than Cata.

Once you are max level the change's effect on gameplay is zero.

If nothing else you will get your moneys worth playing through the MoP zones and trying the new dungeons, which are quite a bit more fun (IMO) than the Cataclysm ones.  If after that you find WoW isnt clicking, then maybe give Rift a shot ut the odds are greater that you will love WoW than Rift considering its where you came from.

How do the two compare in endgame? 

• SerenesSerenes Member UncommonPosts: 351

Rift I would say its basicly WoW with better Graphics.

Although I do suggest giving WoW another chance MoP really brought some new life into the game.

Rift

Pros- Better Graphics

In my opinion more challenge baseline boss mechanics (Aka harder normal modes)

Cons - Less People

UI is heavier and clunkier. (Might just be me)

Rifts are basicly no fun at all, they become like dailies you go farm them.

WoW

Pros - History of Polish.

History of fun endgame. (has to be hardmode now if you want a challenge)

More people.

Cons -  Dailies are the new thing. (Aka you have to do them if you want your starter epics, no longer farm Heroics its all Dalies)

Old.

Bad community honestly.

And does rift have a dungeon style game play or is it more world events like gw2?
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    It's like wow
    But also has rifts and let's you carry 5 specs around with very loose classes e.g. a priest can tank, a made can heal, a rogue can tank

Not getting my hopes up but Rift sounds like the game for me,

Thanks for all the opinions, and always feel free to post more :)

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

I need a game to steal my life away.

I played WOW during BC / LK this was the most fun I have had in any MMO. (Maybe because it was my first) I loved the gear grind, community, running fast passed dungeons for badges and the raiding experience aswell as the economy. I would go back but I was a little turned off when I played the trail and saw the changes made to talent specializing. Are all classes the same now? example, every pally tank has the exact same stats aside from gear. I would play again if this game has the best feedback.

I have played to 80 in GW2 and lost interest in endgame.

SWTOR I had a blast for a few months but has this game failed? FTP not very challenging endgame.

LOTRO tried but it just felt.....well old.

Please Help

I would recommend Rift over AION on art style alone, AION is just too, well leaves you feeling "unclean" after seeing the character models.  Everyone looks like they had bad plastic surgery or escaped from an orphanage.

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954
    And does rift have a dungeon style game play or is it more world events like gw2?

Both and more dungeons then you will ever find time to do.