Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you could travel back in time and tell the Pre-TSW-Beta "You" something about TSW, what would you

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

If you could travel back in time and tell the Pre-TSW-Beta "You" something about TSW, what would you tell yourself?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306
    <.<   >.>   <.<    o.O   Again with this!? Planning on doing this for every game on the site list? It was fun twice, but it's going to get old fast.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern
    <.<   >.>   <.<    o.O   Again with this!? Planning on doing this for every game on the site list? It was fun twice, but it's going to get old fast.

Well different people play different games. I would like to hear from them if I havnt already.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

I hope at least you make a statistic from the answers, or something...

And for not leaving without answer when I already posting one, I'd say:

-it's Ragnar, it's exactly what you expect, have fun. (TSW is great :) )

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    finaly , after 2005. best mmorpg
  • TigerAeroTigerAero Member Posts: 127

The OP certainly isn't getting paid for this...so I'm starting to wonder since no  valuable news could come out and really nothing's changed since beta. Yea you can get your face cut up and that's about it. Still no congregatable area for hub, still no stonehenge or el dorado ques...yea it's the same. But its still kinda fun so I'm sticking with it.

My current games:

Rift, Warz,TSW.

Considering:

LoL, GW2, EQNext (as long as it doesn't get too sandboxy.)

• AzothAzoth Member UncommonPosts: 840
    If I could go back in time I wouldn't play any game since I already had my fun in them. I would find another hobby and would tell myself the loto number for the next big jackpot. 
    Originally posted by Azoth
    If I could go back in time I wouldn't play any game since I already had my fun in them. I would find another hobby and would tell myself the loto number for the next big jackpot. 

Trying to find that "quick fix" lol. Nice.

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    "They're gonna go through some rocky times and get beat up on by a lot of people, but ignore it all because they're on to something here.  Tell Funcom to go get a better advertising agency, fix PvP, and get the horizontal progression at endgame right."
    Originally posted by Ortwig
    "They're gonna go through some rocky times and get beat up on by a lot of people, but ignore it all because they're on to something here.  Tell Funcom to go get a better advertising agency, fix PvP, and get the horizontal progression at endgame right."

+1. Epic.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    "Enjoy yourself, do the story and the investigations while they add pvp content. Remember leaving RIFT for swtor? Well yeah same situation with TSW and GW2."
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

" Save the Lipstick " Bar-Ba-Que the Pig.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • atuerstaratuerstar Member Posts: 234
    Originally posted by Ortwig

Mostly this and quite possibly - dont bother with guild wars 2 as youre just going back to secret world anyway :D

• gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413

I would still say:

"Have fun! Its worth every bit of money!"

Hodor!

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Not much to say here buddy. It's interesting, the story aspect is great but you won't find a good reason to pay a sub. Hopefully they go f2p or b2p at some point.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
         I still dont get the fascination with this game......I didnt even play it for free long in beta....Basicallyl I'd tell them keep the graphics and scrap everything else.
  • FuryVFuryV Member UncommonPosts: 515
    Originally posted by TigerAero
    Originally posted by Azoth

Trying to find that "quick fix" lol. Nice.

Writing in italics because it makes you "different".  Fail.

• GR3NDELGR3NDEL Member UncommonPosts: 112

I would have said...

"TSW is gonna have a lot of hate directed at it by those who scream 'We want innovation!' but don't really mean it."

"TSW is gonna have people openly gloating over the initial hard times post-release, but those voices will gradually fade away as Ragnar, John & Co. continue to crank out quality updates, expanding the game."

"TSW continues to be a quality game - the updates are only improving the game."

• KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 794

Tsw is one of the better games released recently, if you can blame it for anything its thatits to static once you do all quests, not enough player driven mechanics and systems, or dynamic elements.

After games like rift ppl got spoiled and static world is not good enough anymore.

Things that you can praise TSW for are more numerous tho, excelent and unique setting, best mmo engine on the market atm. Bot performance and quality wise. No levels. No classes. Freedom of making your own character. Good mix of crafting, dungeon and hunt loot (aka sigils and quality lvs), very well designed 5 man nightmare dungeons that feel like 5 man raids. etc

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

• ChtugaChtuga Member UncommonPosts: 116

Funny enough, if TSW had released today you would have seen hordes of people leaving another certain game to come here... this is obviously the better game released 2012

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

Same as your SWTOR thread with an identical title really...nothing really.

I knew the game would have limited appeal, i knew it'd be a good storyline and a fun playthrough, i knew the pvp would suck and i pretty much guessed i'd have completed all the content in a few months.

I guess I was one of the stupid ones who believed FC would actually produce significant monthly update content rather than the chicken-feed they actually offer, but that was more a hope than anything else.

Still, worth the price, 2 fun months, game completed, next please?

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

I would of have told me : "Try longer...play a little more!"

I played the final betas but got very bored of its gameplay & combat at very early level.

Long talks & reads in english (my native language is not translated in the game) helped a lot.

I know you cannot judge a game for its firsts 10 levels...maybe i got a wrong impression.... maybe it´s just not my kind of game...

I should of have tried longer and played more during beta to make up my mind.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

I would tell me:

Prepare yourself to play the best and most innovative MMO- AND RPG in a very long, long time!

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862

"I know you currently have zero interest in The Secret World, but it will turn out to be pretty interesting. Just wait a bit for the price to drop before picking it up. And the really good news is that Ragnar will finally get to work on Dreamfall Chapters after it launches! In the meantime, spent more time in City of Heroes and see all the taskforces and such. NCsoft is gonna suddenly off it for no apparent reason. And Champions Online is a pretty dull replacement.

...Oh yeah, remember that emergency generator we got after the basement flooding? Go get a real whole-house unit, fueled by the gas line. Maintaining the fridge, freezer, well pump and sump pumps is all well and good, but being locked out of your desktop PC by storm aftermath for over a week really really sucks..."

• KeyloggerKeylogger Member Posts: 250

"TSW Is only good for a month, but it's worth buying for that playtime."

"Don't buy Mists of Pandaria, spend it on vodka and mini-pizzas instead."

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363
    this will be the txpe of game you have been waiting forever

this will be the first MMO to challenge your brain and skills

don't expect the average theme park handholding experience

you will expereince the best dev communication and customer service

you will participate in an ongoing story that will blow you away