Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open world PVP worth playing?

raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237
I've tried everything at this point, is there anything new? or anything that has gotten better?

www.facebook.com/themarksmovierules

Currently playing:

FFXIV on Behemoth, FFXI on Eden, and Gloria Victis on NA. 

Comments

• bigronbigron Member Posts: 42

I was playing TERA. That was pretty good. IDK, OWPVP seems to be dying in AAA titles and I don't like F2P games much.  What are you playing?

I was hoping RaiderZ would have some pvp, but it's kind of meh.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Games designed for it like eve and perpetuum.

Not games with flip a switch and pvp magically happens servers.
  • bigronbigron Member Posts: 42
    Did you play Darkfall? That's a very, very hardcore pvp game. Personally I hated it, because the amount of griefing is unreal and the community is awful IMO, but some people love it.
  • Mr_CMr_C Member Posts: 112
    Originally posted by bigron
    Did you play Darkfall? That's a very, very hardcore pvp game. Personally I hated it, because the amount of griefing is unreal and the community is awful IMO, but some people love it.

Stay away from Darkfall; it's abandoned by the devs. In 10 days Darkfall: Unholy Wars is released, which is a totally new version of the game. Darkfall is by far the most exciting game I have ever played, so I strongly recommend OP to look into DF:UH.

• UgediBugediUgediBugedi Member Posts: 14

Darkfall Unholy Wars, full loot open pvp.

Digital download will be available at 20th Novenber 2012 (One server in USA and one in Europe)

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    I'm looking forward to hearing the hardcore PvP player reviews of this game!

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• LerxstLerxst Member UncommonPosts: 648

Darkfall has always handled PvP as a giant cluster-f***.  Lots of flashy lights, special effects and aother crap flying around the screen, toons moving at warp speed in circles around you and hitboxes that seem to extend 4x the width of the character model making it either impossible to tell where to aim in order to hit someone, or being hit by a spell that lands 10 feet behind you.

It's nice to see they threw away the open skill system.  I warned when the game first went live, that it would need to be overhauled a few years down the road when everyone would start to resemble cookie-cutter characters... looks like I was right. I don't see how that, or any of the other improvements will actually still improve the PvP experience.  It handles about the same as a first person shooter, with 10 seconds of adreneline rush, followed by 10 hours of sheer, mind-numbing, eye-gouging boredom.

There really aren't many good sandboxes out at the moment, and even fewer that handle PvP very well.

• raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237

I'm actually playing WoW...

I don't care about it being sandbox. I just liked games where there was a good amount of open world pvp going on. WoW always had this most times.

I really liked Tera for this feature, but  it seems like the population had dwindled, and I feel like it will be F2P before the end of next year, and I don't want to play any F2P games. GW2 just didn't do it for me.. since there is literally no open world pvp.

I tried Darkfall, but there was 0 to do outside of trying to find people to gank. And it just took forever to do anything that I just gave up. I doubt the new one will be much different.

www.facebook.com/themarksmovierules

Currently playing:

FFXIV on Behemoth, FFXI on Eden, and Gloria Victis on NA.