Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com community are stuck in a limbo loop

TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

We all know the drill, a new game gets released the fanbois has pumped it up pree release, haters try to counter attack with some form of timetravel information they somehow got and say the game will fail while the fanbois counter attack with same argument, and in the middle of this is farmer Joe, trying to deside if this game is worth buying.

So the battle rage across the boards with links, stock market informations, xfire stats, bloggs to fuel the ongoing war of who is right in the matter.

So how can this be called forum PVP when none of the fighting parties refuse to acknowledge defeat in the verbal battle?, they just stop posting on the matter and in a few days It's forgotten and a new forum PVP battle raging on another game and the shit starts all over again.

Weird place indeed this site is.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

Comments

• defector1968defector1968 Member UncommonPosts: 469

other sites are worse and with lesser game information and some times with false info

but the battle is in all the same

fan of SWG, XCOM, Defiance, Global Agenda, Need For Speed, all Star Wars single player games. And waiting the darn STAR CITIZEN
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Originally posted by Torgrim

So how can this be called forum PVP

ew

I hate that.

I just want to talk about games, not hate on them or deify them, but for some reason that seems hopeless.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

We all know the drill, a new game gets released the fanbois has pumped it up pree release, haters try to counter attack with some form of timetravel information they somehow got and say the game will fail while the fanbois counter attack with same argument, and in the middle of this is farmer Joe, trying to deside if this game is worth buying.

So the battle rage across the boards with links, stock market informations, xfire stats, bloggs to fuel the ongoing war of who is right in the matter.

So how can this be called forum PVP when none of the fighting parties refuse to acknowledge defeat in the verbal battle?, they just stop posting on the matter and in a few days It's forgotten and a new forum PVP battle raging on another game and the shit starts all over again.

Because at the end of the day, in almost every case the end result is the same.  The title starts off with great box sales, and furious activity, and in 3-6 months the servers are ghostowns that have to e consolidated and the sub base moves on to the next big thing.

So far the results favor the "haters", by a margin of about 10-1.

Unless we're talking WOW of course.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Sovrath

So how can this be called forum PVP

ew

I hate that.

I just want to talk about games, not hate on them or deify them, but for some reason that seems hopeless.

Me too Sov.

Take me and you... we are ok on some things, we disgaree on more I guess, but at no time have I ever thought it about it as 'forum PvP'. It always seemed just about ideas and preferences. Sometimes they align, sometimes they clash. No intentional battle or anything, and no personal insult taken from anything said.

The whole 'forum PvP' sub culture here just seems so... well, you get it.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049

This reminds me of political pundits.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059

You just quit too easy dude...

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Part of it may be that this site seems to allow payed social marketers to come here and promote their company's game verbatim.  People get sick of it and hence the pushback.
  • TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by Crazy_Stick

Classic pic used way to often by people who have trouble writing what they really feel but can't find the words for it, pretty much the same pic with cool story bro and both are pretty much moot.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059

Classic pic used way to often by people who have trouble writing what they really feel but can't find the words for it, pretty much the same pic with cool story bro and both are pretty much moot.

You just don't want to admit that you're wrong.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

You just don't want to admit that you're wrong.

Wrong?

In what way, My music choice, what I eat?

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    If you want to figure out wether you should buy a game then you should read reviews and articles. If you want to discuss an MMORPG then you come to mmorpg.com forums and then obviously you will see contrasting opinions.  So the community here is fine, nothing to see here, move along.
  • QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

I have never spread false information knowingly, I don't speculate nor do I make predictions very often. But when I do, I have something behind them. I despise posters who knowingly spread false information, hate, doom and gloom etc. I have my very own shit list where I've marked few of the regulars, who have never had anything worthwhile to say (I'm pretty sure few of them are the same person).

One of my favorite forms of forum PvP is calling out people's bullshit. Sometimes it means taking on a position that is not my own.

Still, every once in a while there's a genuine discussion or debate to be had, but that is rare. I suspect Axehilt finally got fed up with the trolling and hasn't posted since. Too bad - he had some good thoughts. It seems the community traded one good guy to many bad ones.

Oh well... Fight on!

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    I can appreciate the purpose of this thread, but let's stick to discussing MMOs, guys. :)
This discussion has been closed.