Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats the price?

Hey guys i seem to cant find it any where! How much will DF:2.0 be? ill have to buy it so how much money will i need to save?

Comments

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

Apparently there's a suggestion in the fansite kit that the rrp will be 29.99 $/euro.  Not sure if this'll stick at launch, will have to wait and see.

However should be free if you already bought df.

• 123443211234123443211234 Member UncommonPosts: 244
    Probably normal priced like $50 or so.  HOWEVER, the game is currently not for sale either you already own it via owning the original Darkfall, OR you will have to wait until after release and the servers have stabilized before even having the option to buy the new one.  (like several weeks to a month)
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by 123443211234
    Probably normal priced like $50 or so.  HOWEVER, the game is currently not for sale either you already own it via owning the original Darkfall, OR you will have to wait until after release and the servers have stabilized before even having the option to buy the new one.  (like several weeks to a month)

link or I call BS.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Originally posted by bcbully

link or I call BS.

find me a link to where you can buy DF UW or stfu

link or I call BS.

I didn't highlight that...  Do you have a link to what you said in orange? I'm looking forward to playing it here soon. 

Or are you just talking?  Thanks in advance.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

link or I call BS.

Burden of proof on the one making the claim.

As you are making the claim.. burden's on you random number guy.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    i think random numbers guy might be right.  i dont think they can handle a launch much bigger than what they have sold already.  (the original DF).  they cant handle adding a hundred thousand or so (throwing a random number out) additional people into the mix.
  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

Darkfall: Unholy Wars will be available for PC, via digital download, on November 20, 2012.

http://www.darkfallonline.com/blog/?cat=119

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

Originally posted by Sevenstar61

Darkfall: Unholy Wars will be available for PC, via digital download, on November 20, 2012.

Thank you!!!

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045

Thank you!!!

Yes, for those whom have already paid for Darkfall.

Originally posted by Laughing-man

link or I call BS.

Burden of proof on the one making the claim.

As you are making the claim.. burden's on you random number guy.

No proof, but speculation based on Darkfall original release. http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=106082

The first game was in fact staggered and it took some people weeks before they could buy the client. Also, they used pre-orders to better gauge the demand, do you see any pre-orders yet? Given the client is free for people that purchased  Darkfall, the demand would be much higher. I think the first week of DF was regulated to 7000-16000 for the one sever they had at the time. (EURO) 150000+ have since purchased DF wiih UW launching with only NA/EURO servers.

Thank you!!!

Thats only if YOU ALREADY OWN THE GAME nowhere in there does it say or even suggest that you will be able to purchase the new version.  You guys just don't understand how AV operates.  The launch of the original suffered horrendously from TOO MANY PEOPLE all trying to play.  So this time around they have learned from their mistakes and will be starting small and expanding when the server's are stable enough to do so.  Keep clamoring for more advertiements videos, trials, or game sales all you want but if you don't own the original you won't be able to own the new one UNTIL AFTER the official release on November 20.

Thank you!!!

So this time around they have learned from their mistakes and will be starting small and expanding when the server's are stable enough to do so. 

Actually, they did do that with Darkfall . DF1 was a staggered release

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604

I just went on gamestops website, they are selling digital copies of the original darkfall for $29.99.  Think buying one would be a loop hole into getting the first one and thus the new one for free?

Not that I'd want to cheat AV out of any money but I'd really like to play on launch day and this staggered release that everyone is thinking will happen is very disappointing

Originally posted by hockeyplayr

I just went on gamestops website, they are selling digital copies of the original darkfall for $29.99.  Think buying one would be a loop hole into getting the first one and thus the new one for free?

Not that I'd want to cheat AV out of any money but I'd really like to play on launch day and this staggered release that everyone is thinking will happen is very disappointing

Keep in mind its all speculation , perhaps wait to see if AV answers the question in the pending Q&A here on mmorpg.com.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/369120/page/1

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

So much speculation in this thread from people who have no idea what they're saying :s

We KNOW DF:UW will be free to those who have purchased 1.0, all they will have to pay is a sub fee.

We KNOW DF:UW will be available on the 20th November. We don't know if that means prelaunch downloading, launch itself, if the game is purchasable then.

The ONLY PRICE we've seen is from the fan kit where the box set states a RRP of £30.

Originally posted by Greymoor

So much speculation in this thread from 2 random  people who have no idea what they're saying :s

We KNOW DF:UW will be free to those who have purchased 1.0, all they will have to pay is a sub fee.

We KNOW DF:UW will be available on the 20th November. We don't know if that means prelaunch downloading, launch itself, if the game is purchasable then.

The ONLY PRICE we've seen is from the fan kit where the box set states a RRP of £30.

Just wanted to add that.

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670
    If they are not going to sell it on 20 i'm going to pass on it altogether.Their loss.

Originally posted by Zadawn

If they are not going to sell it on 20 i'm going to pass on it altogether.Their loss.

Hows it a loss for AV? If sales arent available then demand has exceeded supply (server capacity)
  • GadzyGadzy Member Posts: 143
    Originally posted by Hancakes

Hows it a loss for AV? If sales arent available then demand has exceeded supply (server capacity)

Because it's not like server capacity has been an issue at every MMO launch ever or anything...

There's been nothing suggesting that people who don't own DF won't be able to buy it. It would be money out the window not letting people purchase.

• NacarioNacario Member UncommonPosts: 222
    Originally posted by Gadzy
    Originally posted by Hancakes

Because it's not like server capacity has been an issue at every MMO launch ever or anything...

There's been nothing suggesting that people who don't own DF won't be able to buy it. It would be money out the window not letting people purchase.

It's already 'money out of the window' with how their vison of DFUW is.. open world with full loot pvp, lost lots of players right there.

They pretty much keep to themselves and most likely they'll hold off with sales till theyve seen how many vets that have returned - which may take a few weeks.

Those are the things keeping people subscribed. 
    Originally posted by Greymoor

So much speculation in this thread from 2 random  people who have no idea what they're saying :s

Just wanted to add that.

Nah your wrong again there bully cause he's definitely talking about you as well.  Bottomline is this I know that I will be able to play on the 20th because I already own the game.  YOU DO NOT know when you will be able to actually purchase the game.  They have not made a statement on selling the game to new players at all.  Whether its the 20th or after we just don't know. Yes it is my opinion that AV will not be making the game purchasable to newcomers before the 20th.  But as a long time player and supporter of AV it is an INFORMED opinion.   I'm telling you if you don't own the game you won't be playing on the 20th take it as you will, don't believe me if you want, just don't throw a hissy fit on the 20th when you can't play the game.

• NacarioNacario Member UncommonPosts: 222

Yes of course it is - to the limited crowd of players who are into that. But my example is just that AV are doing things in their own special way, and their greatest concern is to have a stabile control of incoming players among the 2 servers they have. And if they chose to do so, then it means they have more than enough money to care about asap money grabs - kinda like quality over quantity, just in a twisted way since it's AV we're talking about.

Originally posted by nacario

Yes of course it is - to the limited crowd of players who are into that. But my example is just that AV are doing things in their own special way, and their greatest concern is to have a stabile control of incoming players among the 2 servers they have. And if they chose to do so, then it means they have more than enough money to care about asap money grabs - kinda like quality over quantity, just in a twisted way since it's AV we're talking about.

But those features are not 'limiting' their crowd. If they changed those, the remaining playerbase would leave. Why would you play this in the first place if not for the pvp? Your argument is that they are not making a WoW clone, so they are limiting themselves. But the game is nothing like WoW, and wouldn't be if they changed loot and pvp. It would just be terrible.