Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PvP and guilds and clan warfare

LuftwaffenLuftwaffen Member UncommonPosts: 101
From what i gather PvP is just in one area right ? this is fine since this is supose to be a PvE and PvP game and thats hard with open PvP but one thing i really hope hey consider is a clan warfare option this wold have next to no impact on players who just wanna PvE but add a lot to the PvP aspect  i say they need a UO style system  so if 2 guilds wish to war they should be able to it worked really well in UO

Comments

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    i'd like to see a guild warfare system.  the only game i've played that had one was TERA and that was in the beta,  but it was really fun.  i think with TESO if they could somehow tie it into the whole player becoming the emporer thing,  it could work well.
  • UgediBugediUgediBugedi Member Posts: 14

I would like to know how the pvp is in this game.

Is it just one zone? Are there any arenas, where one can level by just doing PvP?

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    The entire region of oblivion is given over to pvp, pvp enabled open dungeons, keep seiges, capturable towns etc..
  • KalstarkKalstark Member Posts: 63
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    The entire region of oblivion is given over to pvp, pvp enabled open dungeons, keep seiges, capturable towns etc..

yeah people are ganna actually be able to be the emporer, cant wait

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,984

From what I read they only plan to have one server cluster so i suppose it will be instanced.. that kind of sucks though.  No persistance and everytime you go to RvR it will be different people.

If someone knows differently please let me know, because I'd be really happy to be wrong here.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

From what I read they only plan to have one server cluster so i suppose it will be instanced.. that kind of sucks though.  No persistance and everytime you go to RvR it will be different people.

If someone knows differently please let me know, because I'd be really happy to be wrong here.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/development-faq/

nope.  you get assigned to a campaign.  you will always fight with and against the same people.  and the pvp is persistent.  it nevver resests.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,984
    Originally posted by muffins89
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

http://tamrielfoundry.com/development-faq/

nope.  you get assigned to a campaign.  you will always fight with and against the same people.  and the pvp is persistent.  it nevver resests.

Thanks for the link.  That makes me feel a lot better about the game:

• Because of the megaserver technology, Cyrodiil needs to be separated into multiple instances. However, instead of random assignment of players, ZeniMax recognizes the importance of having static PvP communities for the sake of rivalry and investment in the state of the realm war. Therefore, players are assigned (or may select) a “campaign”, which is a permanent parallel version of Cyrodiil’s realm war to which they belong. Campaigns will be named after the major cities in the region. (TF1)
    • Guilds can collectively select a Cyrodiil campaign, and players will be able to switch campaigns, however this will impose some meaningful alliance point cost. However, you are prohibited from having characters from different factions in the same campaign. (TF1)
    • In order to maintain the PvP focus on the massive realm war in Cyrodiil, ZeniMax has elected to not include any form of structured or instanced PvP at launch. They want players’ focus to be on the alliance war, which is the crowning facet of TESO’s gameplay

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Threatlevel0Threatlevel0 Member UncommonPosts: 179
    • In order to maintain the PvP focus on the massive realm war in Cyrodiil, ZeniMax has elected to not include any form of structured or instanced PvP at launch. They want players’ focus to be on the alliance war, which is the crowning facet of TESO’s gameplay

Best part of the game so far to me.  Although tbh I havn't looked into it at all.   

• GreenishBlueGreenishBlue Member Posts: 263
    Originally posted by Threatlevel0

Best part of the game so far to me.  Although tbh I havn't looked into it at all.   

Agree. No "Hutball" please.

• UO4everUO4ever Member Posts: 38
    Originally posted by muffins89
    i'd like to see a guild warfare system.  the only game i've played that had one was TERA and that was in the beta,  but it was really fun.  i think with TESO if they could somehow tie it into the whole player becoming the emporer thing,  it could work well.

EVE has it.  They're called corporations.  Lotta fun!

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    PvP is the only reason I am still interested in this game. But I am sceptic as no ThemePark has gotten PvP right, unless you consider DAoC a ThemePark.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Yeah daoc and planetside are the only mmos to do factional pvp very well
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Originally posted by GreenishBlue
    Originally posted by Threatlevel0 In order to maintain the PvP focus on the massive realm war in Cyrodiil, ZeniMax has elected to not include any form of structured or instanced PvP at launch. They want players’ focus to be on the alliance war, which is the crowning facet of TESO’s gameplay
    Agree. No "Hutball" please.

I remember Huttball man it was fracking EPIC, but it gets bored after a few games.
    Still RvR / WvW is the best pvp a mmo can offer, but its to difficult to get it right.
    GW2 shows it can be done, but Anet has alot of love in their hearts, can Elder Scroll pull it off ?
    I hope they can, but i remain ultra sceptic untill proven they can pull it off.